It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Las Vegas Mayor Goodman rejects Obama invitation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Great, he shoves his foot in his mouth, makes an ass of himself, and all it costs the taxpayers is $1.5 B so he can keep from having to just admit he erred in his words and appologize like a man to the people of Las Vegas.

Something tells me they'll dig the dough over an apology.

Have YOU never said anything others deemed offensive? The man is not perfect. You seem like the type who would rather gargle with gasoline than admit they were wrong.

Touché

[edit on 19-2-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Have YOU never said anything others deemed offensive? The man is not perfect. You seem like the type who would rather gargle with gasoline than admit they were wrong.

I'm not an elected official. Never, at any point in my life have I ever offered or agreed to represent anyone aside from myself. I do not present myself as being in any way a reflection of anyone other than burdman30ott6. If someone is offended by something I say, I have 2 responses to choose from... "I'm sorry I offended you" or "Here, if you're having trouble hearing my middle finger, allow me to turn it up for you." That's it... but then again, in my position as a non-representative of any constituency, that is absolutely all that can reasonably be expected of me.

The President of the United States (supposedly) represents every American, those who agree with him and those who disagree with him, those who idolize him and those who despise him, those who voted for him and even those who voted against him, ALL OF THEM. This is not a position he was cast into nor one which was in any way forced upon him, it simply goes with the job HE wanted to have and agreed to take on. As such, you're damn right more is expected of him. You could write entire books on what is perfectly acceptable for me or you to do, which we absolutely DO NOT want the POTUS doing or saying.

That's just everday life we're talking about, too. An even higher standard MUST be applied when the POTUS is speaking from a platform to any assembly (as he has been when he's made his anti-Vegas blunders). Damnit, the man is standing there (supposedly) representing ME. This cannot go both ways, either. If I'm going to have this "He's your president" bullflop jammed down my throat, then OK, he's also a representation of ME when he's speaking in official capacity as the leader of America and so he by-God had better watch what comes out of his mouth because it reflects on me, too.

This goes beyond Las Vegas. If he wishes to smear the Cambridge police department, fine... do it in 3 years as a citizen rather than abusing his position to add some sort of validity to his ignorant commentary because it was his friend who just so happened to run afoul of a police officer doing his job.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join