It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob Rules in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
When I first saw this , I thought it was a food delivery in Haiti.

Nope , it was Black Friday 09. These are Americans.

Imagine when TSHTF , and these people will be armed !!

The Vid is grainy, probably a Cell Camera, but the effect is not lost.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm wondering if this was in fact the same Walmart where the temp worker got crushed underneath the sliding plexiglass door at the entrance with a rabid mob trying to get in. The big problem is that these people fear each other so much that they create this mass paranoia. And we all know no one's safe when that happens. Intelligent beings reduced to the behavior of pack animals!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
And these people weren't even starving. I can barely imagine the chaos that would ensue if store shelves were empty of food and they announce that "walmart just got a truckload of milk and canned goods".
I will NOT be there for sure. I always keep several months worth of food in storage and I know how to hunt, trap and forage for wild plants. It wouldn't hurt anyone to have the same preparations and knowledge, in fact I recomend it to all I know.
Kids on the floor crying will always be the norm whenever scarcity exists. I don;t want that on my conscience.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There are far fewer animals in the woods than hungry amateur hunters. Might have multiple crosshairs on the same deer and disagreements on who shot it.

Switch scenes from Walmart to a camp ground, same crowd, you're returning to your stash of food in your truck/tent with your hard-earned kill...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Imagine when TSHTF , and these people will be armed !!

If it happens, these people will kill themselves [and each other] long before they get to anyone who planned ahead. Most of these people will not set foot out of the city. Just a guess.

Pretty disgusting scene.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
As time goes on, and we can plot society's downward curve through ever-increasing problems that never fully abate, only go into remission like a parasitic cancer and then return, and as more disasters of environmental havoc and social disorder manifest themselves, more people are realizing that the suggestions offered to them by society are unworkable. Society is corrupt because its motivations are corrupt, and therefore it will not offer solutions, only distractions. Even further, we are realizing that the intersection of mass revolt, technology and illusory symbolic thought (religion, politics) that forms modern society is an error caused by our rapid growth without planning, and that we need to return to a phase of leadership. Our votes "count" but don't count: they are within the system. The system itself must be changed, and we need to find a new system that offers a peaceful, non-destructive alternative to the inevitable social and political chaos that will otherwise visit us.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
That's one reason I don't like going shopping on Black Friday. The deals aren't THAT great, and certainly not worth the aggravation of looking for parking and fighting with strangers over a computer or DVD player.

If a disaster ever comes, there is no doubt in my mind that looting, killing (accidental or intentional), robbery, dishonesty and all the horrors one can imagine will come to us. We think of ourselves as civilized, polite and all that mumbo jumbo, but go without food and water for a week and see what happens to your good natured, "moral" character. Hell, I don't think it will take a week. It'll take only a day or two before we turn back into the animals we really are. That's precisely why I tend to criticize people who criticize the behavior of people who found themselves in the midst of a catastrophe, without food, without water. Walk in their shoes for a day or two and see how you react.

Those who are prepared are the smart ones. Unfortunately those people (as prepared as they are) will be prone to attack and theft by the mob. They might avoid hunger and thirst for a while, but it will be hard to avoid the zombies coming through your windows and doors to get at your supply.

You never know what's going to happen. There are millions of people who don't think ahead of time and don't consider stockpiling anything for an emergency. We can't even think so far ahead as to save a few pennies in case we lose our job, or some unforeseen expense comes along. Sometimes I'm guilty of that myself!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
And these people weren't even starving. I can barely imagine the chaos that would ensue if store shelves were empty of food and they announce that "walmart just got a truckload of milk and canned goods".

People don't realize how close that would be.

Average house has what?

One weeks worth of food.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Most don’t relies that the average grocery store could be wiped out in less than an hour If the SHTF.
Plan ahead. Don’t let your spouse convince you that your paranoid. You would rather be laughed at now than bitched at later on for not thinking ahead.

top topics

join