It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane crashes into Austin building

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This was a pretty well executed attack on the IRS by someone who felt pushed over the edge by IRS audits & contempt for corporate bailouts & perhaps a bit beyond.

Domestic terrorist - why yes from the perspective of the government it was. I'm certainly notl terrorized by this event.. Were not the colonists (future Americans) who dumped tea into the Boston Harbor in 1773 labeled "terrorist" or its equivalent by King George III & Parliament?

Wasn't that about Taxation without Representation?

Yes, it bothers me that people were killed. It bothers me that it will be another excuse for more unnecessary regulation of private transportation in America especially private aircraft. Then only rich cats will be able to afford to fly & eventually drive.

However I'm not surprised too much about the target and even though I don't like violence I nearly cracked a smile. I would rather have no targets, but at least it wasn't a school yard etc.

Run-ins he had with the IRS and ranted about the tax agency, government bailouts and corporate America's "thugs and plunderers." "I have had all I can stand," he wrote, adding: "I choose not to keep looking over my shoulder at `big brother' while he strips my carcass."

Homeland Security failed again, as they will anytime anyone chooses. False flag - perhaps.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
regardless of whether it was a terrorist attack from another country or not this was a terrorist attack, if the guy flew the plane into the building intentionally then it was a terrorist attack, maybe not the kind we all think of, but when someone deliberately causes harm to many people they would be labled as a terrorist, he caused terror and he did it on purpose

That's a lotta BS dude, by your statement terrorism definition is just so wide that you gotta include.

Gang members, Police, serial killers, IRS, any judge of law, etc, etc.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

LOL.... wow your more interested about 911. It's a good idea but the guy done this to wake up americans and to take a stand. I applaud this. He was pissed at how the U.S government is pushing around the middle class and poor class. I mean did everyone forget the bail out the government just handed over to GM and many banks and other companies.

I have a friend that told me about his friend that works in finance for GM. He got internal financial statements meant only for internal purposes. He told me that GM are making 2 trillions of dollars on a global scale these are just profits from all sales on a global scale. They told me they got the bailout and tax payers money not because they had money troubles but didn't feel like taking a loss or expense of moving all factories out of the U.S they have plans on the future to get all manufacturing facilities out of the U.S and build them in china and mexico and many other places to reduce cost.
In my city one of the big 3 asked the city if they can lower their property tax because they don't have enough money or would cause layoffs. They recently said yes and now they raised the home owners property tax to pay for 3 million bucks that the factory will not pay any longer. So the whole home owners in the city will have to pay more taxes while one of the big three play less and have the citizens take the different or pick up their tabs.

I am happy seeing this guy doing this because they deserve it the government hasn't done anything yet for the middle class.

He mainly wanted to make a statement and show the government that they can't get away with doing what they are doing. I think that he wants Americans to wake up and fight the government. Otherwise become the american governments modern day slave.

costs are rising and sooner or later everyone in the U.S will get unemployed and find out how hard it is to get a job. My dads friends son he is going to start college in the summer and his 12th grade year he has been looking for a job for 2 years for just a highschoolers type of job like MCDONALDS and or other stores and resturants he never gets interview and found out from friends already working there that they hired a person with a PHD or a masters degree holder that couldn't find work in their own profession and started back at college and needs money so they are not taking highschoolers and college students type of jobs.

So I am happy to see this guy sock it to the government.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Arsenis

Agree the definition of terrorism is so broad and wide that it would include anyone that breaks any laws of the land.

I mean if you lets say stole top secret plans from the U.S and sell them on ebay to Iran or other countries. You will be unpatriotic and would be called a terrorist because you deliberately hurt America.

So the definition is too broad but there is a reason why it's too broad.

I would love to know who gets to decide what words the law uses and the definition of those words.

I always wondered why in highschool we had to use webers dictionary. I mean who created and keeps creating new definitions of words.

I don't like to be a follower and rather be a leader.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It was a dumbass ATS member looking for Alex Jones.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This is friggin awesome. Hopefully his death won't be in vain. Maybe it will really inspire some change. I'd love to see this sort of thing happen more often. I hope this ignites into a full on civil war. The rich vs the poor. Violence absolutely is the answer. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson wasn't kidding. We have a right to bear arms for a reason.

The whole situation is despicable but here we are in it. It is what it is. I'm disgusted to even be a member of the human race most of the time. Just look around. All I see is hopeless zombies slaving away. Murderers liars and thieves everywhere. Everything sucks and I encourage everyone to kill each other and themselves. While your at it please kill me. Nothing really matters anyway. It's all a big scam. everything. who cares.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I heard about it soon after it happened, I am from Texas, this is just terrible in every way possible, whether it is some kind of false flag psy operation, or this man actually acted completely alone. Either way it is very convenient for the government to go after ANYONE who criticizes the IRS and the government. I am just waiting for Glenn Beck to talk about how this guy is a hero to all 911 truthers, and anyone who is for actual freedom in this "free country". This really is not what we need right now guys, but we will have to work through it...

Oh and by the way, according to the government and NIST, shouldn't that building have collapsed into its own footprint at free fall speed no more than an hour after the impact?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
This is friggin awesome. Hopefully his death won't be in vain. Maybe it will really inspire some change. I'd love to see this sort of thing happen more often. I hope this ignites into a full on civil war. The rich vs the poor. Violence absolutely is the answer. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson wasn't kidding. We have a right to bear arms for a reason.

The whole situation is despicable but here we are in it. It is what it is. I'm disgusted to even be a member of the human race most of the time. Just look around. All I see is hopeless zombies slaving away. Murderers liars and thieves everywhere. Everything sucks and I encourage everyone to kill each other and themselves. While your at it please kill me. Nothing really matters anyway. It's all a big scam. everything. who cares.

I really hope you are being sarcastic dude...if not you need help, and I am not trying to be mean, please just talk to someone about how you feel...

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Take a look at this:
Flight History

Click on "Past Flights".

Can somebody tell me why this plane flew from Georgetown to Vance Air Force Base in 2008?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz

I truly hope this was an attempt at getting someone to reply to you. If not, I would like to ask who gave you such an outlook on our present situation? Why would they make you think that violence is the absolute answer? Why would they make you feel as though nothing matters?

Your signature at the bottom of your post is a good one. I believe that what you say in it holds most of the solutions that are anything but what you have posted. Where has your individual mind gone and why is it a part of a hopeless collective?

A true self derives from critical thinking, personal philosophies, and an understanding of the hypocrisies permeating the world we live in.

Think my friend. You are being drawn to an ultimatum that was prescribed for the weak minded. You are playing into their hands. Rise above it and see it for what it is. Formulate an alternative plan to the one you have been ensnared in. Violence is what they want you to resort to. Wishing death upon yourself and others is exactly what empowers them. I know it's tough at times, but times like these make us who we really are.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Now it is tough to say but I am usually one that is not for violence when trying to bring change. I am one that usually has faith in fate and karma will do its thing. However, there is the saying that god also needs soldiers too. People are needed to bring action and change to combat the evil that has taken control over the creators creation.

It was a miracle that no one was killed in the building which is either luck, divine-intervention, or there was superb planning on behalf of the victim/activist (notice how I did not compare him to a terrorist). I am leaning more towards him being aware of his actions and he knew when was a good time do act with no casualties. This shows me that even though great extremes were necessary to portray the horrific terror that our law makers and established systems have created and continue to carry out, he still had a heart.

I always asked, "what is the point to life when i was brought into a world as a slave automatically?" I use to not understand the meaning of life and our purpose but for some strange reason I feel more excited that this happened. I can not help but think that the after math of this event will lead to the great change we want during our life time. I feel we are seeing the great change that we have all collectively desired. As always, I pray for all of us and that whatever path we are suppose to carry out, is the right one and we remain true to the creator and ourselves.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by unite_life
...god also needs soldiers too.

You mean praying isn't enough? go figure... If god needs soldiers, well...then god isn't all powerful, huh!

It was a miracle that no one was killed in the building which is either luck, divine-intervention

2 bodies were recovered.

I feel more excited that this happened.

And you are religious? This is another fine example of how religion IS the true evil. How many have to die in the name of "god"?

As always, I pray for all of us and that whatever path we are suppose to carry out, is the right one and we remain true to the creator and ourselves.

thou shall not kill...now he broke that one didn't he.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by unite_life

However, there is the saying that god also needs soldiers too. People are needed to bring action and change to combat the evil that has taken control over the creators creation.

So you equate this guy to a soldier? God's soldier? God needed him to take back control of His creation?

First of all, God needs nothing. Second of all, his actions are anything but Godly.

Be the walking light of creation and will things to happen.

Please will some common sense into your brain. Or launch yourself from a circus cannon into the side of a railcar. Twice.

I was about to edit out that last part but I cannot get myself to do it. As a matter of fact, if you are able, do it a third time for good measure. So instead I'll include this article from today about his Godly intentions.

The pilot, 53-year-old Joseph Stack, killed both himself and a 67-year-old IRS employee, Vernon Hunter, in the attack. Stack is believed to have posted an online manifesto just hours earlier, detailing his longstanding gripes with "big brother," the "IRS man" and the Catholic church.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 19-2-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thepapa

I am reading and I find some absurd statements. I am not going to comment on the fact if what he did was right or wrong but on just some quotes.

1: Someone quoted that this guy was pro communist, I see that allot here; I bet very few people here know what is communism.
He was totally not pro communist if you read his manifesto.

2: never was there a revolution without casualties.

3: When people say if you are unhappy with your government just go to another country and live there. That is the one that is most funny. Really? Is that what you think? Then why do you try to take down dictatorships? Just tell the people of those countries to leave the country if they don’t wish to live there. And just leave your own country as well, why all this wining about big brother… corporations and whatever?

Thank god that there are some members who are intelligent and don’t post just for posting.

P.S
I wanted to talk about something I knotest about gmail with someone before posting… SO if any of the veterans of ATS would like to discuss this please contact me on ATS.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I would be lying if I didn't say that I envy this man. If all of us could gain the same spirit he had we could change this country in a day. Our Government is not scared of us, they will do their will until they become to scared to # with us.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Letmypeoplego

I don't envy insane murderers...but to each his own.

If you envy him so much...is it that you are a coward that you don't do the same thing as he did...or deep down do you recognize that this behavior is actually INSANE and nothing you would ever do yourself???

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Personally, I think Joseph A. Stack is a hero. He did something that has been in the minds of many outraged Americans for years, and I agree that things have gotten to the point that violence will be the only voice heard.

Joseph A. Stack wasn't some moron that didn't know what he was talking about, he was an engineer and a well informed citizen capable of expressing his thoughts clearly and accurately. I'm not saying that people without formal educations should be overlooked, I am merely pointing out that he was intelligent enough to realize the sorry state our nation is in and take the only course of action left for many of us.

Some would say "Joseph was a wealthy engineer that could afford an airplane, so he couldn't have been too bad off". The truth is, despite the assets he had, he was backed into a corner by the same institutions that propose to govern us. These same institutions have backed many of us into similar corners by controlled manipulative consumerism or strong arm robbery on their part. If you don't believe me then consider the home foreclosures and outrageous credit card debts a majority of Americans have been plagued with. If you don't believe me then consider the outrageous gas prices and tax hikes we have seen lately. Sure, they would appear to be unrelated...but aren't they all governed by the same greedy corporations that work in tandem to rob us of our value as human beings?

I have read posts by several people in other forums calling Joseph A. Stack a coward. He was not a coward, he gave his life for something he believed was right. No coward would do that. I have also seen some people call him a terrorist. Perhaps that is true, but remember that the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter is all dependent on which side of the fence you are standing on.

I have seen some concerns posted that imply that our government will be imposing more control over it's people. I honestly don't know if that will happen or not, however if it does happen it will only fuel on a cause that has been burning in the minds of many American citizens for decades now. I find it interesting that there are people trying to label him as some Tea Party maniac. The truth is, that everyone in America can get behind this cause, it doesn't matter what their skin color, economic status or political preference is. Our government would love to see us divided on this. They are probably sweating bullets right now hoping that this doesn't escalate any further. I urge anyone and everyone to take this to the next level and let our government know that we mean business. I just ask that the innocent be left untouched.

The bottom line is, it is time for our government and the corporations that run it to begin fearing and respecting us as American citizens and as human beings. I would prefer that they listen to us under peaceful circumstances, but they have shown that they are unwilling to do that. All of the voting, demonstration rallies, and letters of complaints written to congressmen that have been ignored for so long have proven this. So, logically speaking what is the next step for us as a nation and as a people?

I think Joseph A. Stack had the correct answer.

At any rate, I have expressed how I feel about this. I know that I am not the only one thinking this either.

In reference to "Fight Club"...
His name wasn't Robert Paulson it was Joseph A. Stack

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This guy reminds me of Timothy McVeigh more than anything else. Except that this guy acted alone and acted in his own selfish interest. His manifesto really says all that you need to know, it is a documentation of his decades long attempts to cheat the tax system.

Disclaimer: I do not like the IRS, am not now nor have I ever been employed by the IRS, and I am not their agent. I simply think that citizens have a responsibility to respect the law. Don't like the law? Find like minded individuals and change it. Flying airplanes into federal buildings changes nothing, other than the 3 day news cycle.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yeah how about that.
Now who taught him to do a thing like that.
Everyone says it was like 911.
Some official goes I hope people don't fly planes into buildings any more.
Well its the official story.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
CNN's top stories (as in, "most-viewed on CNN's site") right now:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e24accb13d29.jpg[/atsimg]
Sheryl Stack's statement doesn't even have twice the "popularity" of "Deer crashes into car." Whether Tiger gets his obscene millions in sponsorships back is apparently about ten times more interesting to the world than discussion or investigation of the events of 2/18. Why doesn't anyone seem to care? I'll give you a hint by telling you what the media's talking about right now, as I type this...

CNN. All Tiger Woods, all the time.

CNBC. The Olympics. Hockey.

Fox. Bill O'Reilly has Suzanne Somers on, talking about vitamins. Glenn Beck, we're promised, will be doing some general whining about the liberal media later on.

MSNBC. Olbermann has someone on who was at that Republican mutual-admiration CPAC thingy that everyone should have ignored. He then moved on to Tiger Woods.

Doesn't the media's coverage of the Stack Attack seem a bit... ohhhhh, what's the word... Off? Muted? Softened? Squelched? Suppressed? Apathetic? Smothered? Sugar-coated? Sanitized? Biased? Unfair and unbalanced? Anyone?

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join