It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager, 15, who posted video of Ku Klux Klan hanging black man online becomes youngest to be charg

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Teenager, 15, who posted video of Ku Klux Klan hanging black man online becomes youngest to be charged with inciting racial hate

www.dailymail.co.uk

A 'reclusive' teenager has become the youngest person prosecuted for inciting racial hatred by posting a video of the Ku Klux Klan hanging a black man online, a court heard.

The youngster, who 'lived in his bedroom' and cannot be named for legal reasons, set up an internet site on which he 'demonstrated how to stab a n*****'.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Before you all begin attacking the article of myself, lets get one thing clear here. On a personal side, i have many and extremely close to me friends who are considered as family from all the four corners of the world, now that has been made clear lets focus on the real issue here.

Can this be considered a form of censorship ? , if so , then i guess the same applies to videos on Youtube who depict and actively promote violence against the state or any authority representing the state. Site like inforwars who seem to gather a vast majority of users who actively announce violence against law enforcement officers and who frequently post videos on Youtube then relinking into similar sites could also be considered and charged under the same act.

People we are on hair line tight rope, chose your words carefully, even within this site.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Just for clarification...was he present at this hanging or was it older footage that he just posted?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Just for clarification...was he present at this hanging or was it older footage that he just posted?

He was given a two-year conditional discharge by magistrates after admitting distributing 'threatening, abusive or insulting' material meaning to 'stir' racial hatred.

He was simply doing what everyone else does on the net. Re posting and/or linking into other sites.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I do not endorse hatred. Period. Nor can I embrace any contribution toward it.
Where are is parents?
Personally, I think he should be punished by bagging groceries or sweeping the streets and sidewalks of the Ghetto for a week.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You have forget to mention something.

The teenager, who lives near Fakenham, Norfolk, is now 17 but was 15 when police found the website

That is a bigger difference, I don't understand why the article's title says he is
15!!?

Also, he clearly pushed people to act, it is not like giving an opinion about your point view, politics, and general problems.
He wants people to attack people because of their skin colour, he had the right to said it but now he have to assume his acts.

That is the difference between saying destroy the state and kill somebody.

I think we have the right and we have to criticize policies of any country and even reclaim the death of a regime or a state but we, as people, cannot accept someone who want hate and war just based on a colour skin and supremacies.

I nonetheless understand what you want to mean, I was a radical antifascist but now I DO think censoring people for what they say, since it doesn't promote hate against people, is intolerable, if we censor them they will win popularity and some will see a persecution against this people and might join them just for that because it will give them credibility, I think that is why the number of neo nazi activist are growing in Europe, Russia and every where else.

Let them speak and they will down by them self!

[edit on 2/18/10 by ufopunx]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ufopunx

The point being made here is that he had/has his opinion about a particular skin/race.

The process taken for his conviction can be used against any single member when similar links/re-posts are made on public accessed forums. By linking in public access videos into any forum/site by any individual that depict violence or racial aggression can be used in a court of law. As i posted earlier, there are hundreds and thousands of sites with similar content that over shadow this alleged person's actions yet we see that for some reason he was targeted for no apparent reason, other than posting a racial video, who i believe and already obvious to those who know me is simply stupid and idiotic.

So i guess, videos that show police brutality and then call for the public to "take up arms" are actively breaking the law, since they too are enforcing an act of violence against a selective group of people simply by the color of their uniform and the authority they posses.

There are simply way too many convictions across the world were bloggers have been fined or worse simply by voicing their opinion through an online medium.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Racism is bad.

Censorship is bad.

Censorship is worse than racism.

-------------

Off-topic: I like that website, they have stories about hot chicks in lingerie.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

To post a video showing a man being hanged because of his skin colour and telling people to do it is more than an opinion, it's giving an order to act, and it is different to post this video to show how stupid supremacist are, it is not because he post this video, it is why he did it, and the why here is attacking people because they have different skin colour, THAT is the problem not the posting in itself.

Police brutality is what it is, brutality, and when you get assault by the ones who are supposed to help you, you can't say, hey respect those guys they are just doing their job.
For most of those videos, they criticize the brutality that comes from those guys, you have no right against them but they have all they want against you: rights, laws, weapons, jails, fines, etc... while you are innocent.
That is not because of their uniform that is because of the violence that comes from some police officer and the fact there is nothing we can do against them, you can't deny that there is some crazy maniac in the police as I can't deny there a lot of good cops, while I'm not for killing brutal cops there should be something we can do about that but what?

I really hope you see the difference I'm trying to make

and if my English sounds bad don't worry it's normal, I'm writing from Belgium, fries beer and chocolate anyone?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
'People are entitled to hold racist and extreme opinions which others may find offensive and obnoxious.

'What they are not entitled to do is to publish or distribute those opinions to the public in a threatening, abusive or insulting manner.'

That is from the article.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
DUPE

[edit on 18-2-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Not with with the same title "how to stab a ...".

It is not because he posted this video, as I said upper it is WHY he did it.

admin edit: removed racial epithets.

[edit on 2-18-2010 by Springer]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I do feel its all a matter of perception.

Some may say the Rothchilds are controlling the world,

Some may say the Jews are controlling the world,

Some may say Aliens are controlling the world,

The fact is, its all a matter of perception. Is the glass half full or half empty. Now getting back to topic, as it has been indicated by the "Empire and quoted from the article 'What they are not entitled to do is to publish or distribute those opinions to the public in a threatening, abusive or insulting manner.'.

So that leaves a loop hole, i could very well do and please as i wish as long as its not publicly available. Then again, the definition of public access is not thoroughly explained, therefore i can openly say that ATS, is threatening, abusive and insulting through the use of its public forums on an open attack upon the free democratic nations by insinuating that there is a conspiracy behind everything.

The use of particular words can incite a violent act and by adding a video its more or less exactly what the original poster or creator is intending to do. So in theory, every post thats indicates a conspiracy against for example, the American public with an accompanied link is actually against the law.

You see how complex this fine line between freedom of speech and expression is in comparison to actually saying, go out there and do what must be done for us to survive.

edit: Lets not forget how effective subliminal mass messaging is. Keep in mind the recent wars, we were told that Iraq had WMD's and obviously we are all too familiar with what eventually happened.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by tristar]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I understand exactly what you mean by censorship and freedom of speech being on a "hair line tight rope." If this is censored then they will have more precedent for censoring more and more and more, etc.

However due to the extremely racist violence here I'm going to have to look the other way while they prosecute this kid. I hope they hit him with something stiff enough to teach him a very personal lesson. It is NOT OKAY to incite racial hatred and violence. Violence against the government, you know, I have no comment there. But violence against a race, simply for being that race. Come on people. I know this kid was 15 but grow up already.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
reply to post by tristar

But violence against a race, simply for being that race. Come on people. I know this kid was 15 but grow up already.

I do understand your point very clearly and i do support your point 110%, but its pushing these circumstances that will eventually result in what most or several people are clearly systemically seeing. We are headed for a world of trouble and every time an opposing issue is raised then circumstances like this kid's would be slapped across our face's.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If someone can be put in jail for having CARTOONS then why would they even begin to not prosecute someone for something like this. It's REAL. It is MURDER. Not plain brutality. People are brutal.. police, the neighbor down the street etc.. but when you cross the line of inciting a murderous act, you've crossed the line.

The government and it's actions of war are different. That is an internal struggle of society to fix itself. We don't like war then as a group we need to stop it. This boy however is a landmine of racist hate and needs to be diffused.

It should NOT be online and should NOT be available for a 15yr old to post. Yes he should be punished and severely.

This world is frak'n retarded.

b

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

'What they are not entitled to do is to publish or distribute those opinions to the public in a threatening, abusive or insulting manner.'

It is implied that the person in question said/typed "how to stab a ...".

There is a difference between saying "how to stab a ...". and posting a clip of a man being lynched and mutilated and saying, “the Jews control the world” and posting a clip about perceived jewish dominance. The first is threatening (how to stab) and abusive and insulting (a ...). The second lacks these elements.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Agreed, whats confusing is that the alleged video shows a man (model) being hang and mutilated and yet that alone should have caused all alarm bells to go on, but yet they chose to stick to the quotes "how to stab a ....." . Im my humble opinion both the video alone and or the typed messaged hold equal weight.

So if this obviously disturbed child hadn't typed that message then i guess he everyone would have been okay with it all ?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Tristar,

Agreed, whats confusing is that the alleged video shows a man (model) being hang and mutilated and yet that alone should have caused all alarm bells to go on

It should have raised alarms, but you have to think about our society and how far gone we are as a nation. We're morally, spiritually, mentally and physically bankrupt.

but yet they chose to stick to the quotes "how to stab a ....." . Im my humble opinion both the video alone and or the typed messaged hold equal weight.

Because you're allowed to post something, however, he took it a step further with his words.

So if this obviously disturbed child hadn't typed that message then i guess he everyone would have been okay with it all ?

No. Some people would still have found it offenseive, and some people would still say he needs some form of counseling. What needs to be addressed is his obvious mental issues and withdrawl from society (he lived in his room.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join