It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H1N1 should be added to next flu vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

H1N1 should be added to next flu vaccine

www.msnbc.msn.com

The World Health Organization is recommending that swine flu be added to the regular flu vaccine next season.

WHO said in a statement Thursday that it held a meeting this week to decide which flu strains should be recommended to drug makers for their vaccines during the northern hemisphere's next flu season, which begins in the fall.

Flu vaccine makers such as GlaxoSmithKline and Sanofi-Aventis need the guidance to start formulating vaccines for the northern hemisphere's 2010/11 vaccine mi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Am I the only one that thinks this is demonic?
Though I am not that surprised though, still it is wrong.

Please look at the below video

I mean what if more strains and viruses are released, how thick will the needle be in say 5 years for seasonal shots?

And shouldn't people have the choice to have the flu shot without the swine flu?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I haven't had a flu shot for four years, and I refuse to get an H1N1 injection!
And I work in the front line of medicine, ER.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

how thick will the needle be in say 5 years for seasonal shots?

the needle will stay the same size, it will just increase in how many cc's are given

too thick a needle and youd bleed out the vaccine

i work in hospital as well and never get the vaccines, i think it should be offered for those wanting it

noone has been forced to get one

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

noone has been forced to get one

I disagree. I was forced to get a seasonal flu vaccine when I was working in the hospital in southwest BC a few years back.

No shot, no job.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
No as the h1n1 has a high chance of mutation it would be pointless as the vaccine only protects upto 3 strains give it a couple of years and there will be a new strain of H1n1, the ticking clock has started before the killer pandemic arrives! I wish you all GL!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Not that it matters to me, as I have not had a flu shot in my post childhood life, but this definitely raised my eyebrow.

I cant say I didnt see it coming though.

Most people will not be forced (and YES, some are, have been, and will be), but most people will get it without even giving it a thought. After enough time, it will become commonplace, like any other vaccine.

new topics

top topics

join