It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA coming to your bus stop soon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Just when you thought airport security screening couldn't get any worse, someone decided to expand their intrusive searches to your local bus stop.

Fourth Amendment Trashed As Airport Tyranny Hits The Streets

Tampa police, TSA and Homeland Security agents are teaming up “to keep your family safe,” according to ABC News, by implementing random searches at bus depots, in yet another example of how airport tyranny is being rolled out onto the streets.

“Bomb sniffing dogs, pat-downs and metal detector wanding, gloved inspections of hand-held bags” are all now going to become a routine part of everyday life as the Fourth Amendment is completely trashed in the name of “security”.

ABC even found a regular Joe to assure us that feds making us turn out our pockets and frisking us like criminals was a good thing because it prevented us from being “blown up”.

Read more: Prison Planet

How long will it be before I have to undergo a body cavity search just to leave my own house?

But, hey, no problem, because at least then we'll all be safe from terrorism right?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
as the old expression goes.... security is an illusion

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There should be metal detectors installed on everyones doorstep, so you don't leave your house with anything dangerous. And while were at it, full strip/cavity searches if you want to ride in a taxi.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

That would sure as hell be a great way to solve the unemployment problem, just post TSA agents on every street corner. They can give body cavity checks to everyone who passes by!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Oh it came from Prison Planet.. greeeat
Alex Jones can be a great guy and all, but he's gotta stop spreading this crap around.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89
Oh it came from Prison Planet.. greeeat
Alex Jones can be a great guy and all, but he's gotta stop spreading this crap around.

Just remember, you have to spread a little manure to make the crops grow big & strong.

That's why your Monsanto corn tastes so yumy.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If they start doing strip searches everywhere I'll just walk around nude. Then everyone will know that I have nothing to hide

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
If they start doing strip searches everywhere I'll just walk around nude. Then everyone will know that I have nothing to hide

Then they'll insist on cavity searches.
Even if that's a hobby of yours, please don't walk around nude.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by leftystrat

Then they'll insist on cavity searches.
Even if that's a hobby of yours, please don't walk around nude.

I would mandate that they do the secret foot tap, take me to a movie, and buy me dinner before proceeding with a cavity search.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I would mandate that they do the secret foot tap, take me to a movie, and buy me dinner before proceeding with a cavity search.

You command respect.
I like that.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Do you have a link to an actual article from the Tampa area stating that? Or are you just promoting Alex's sensational version of it? Many of the Greyhound bus stations in Florida already have security cameras on everyone who rides the bus or goes into the restroom. So some of those things are nothing new. Are you referring to the out of town bus lines or to local transit system? I think you should give more detail and also you should double check anything AJ says and find article proof for yourself before you post the info.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Did you check the link in the story?

The Prison Planet site has the video of the local news report showing the TSA doing pat downs at a Greyhound bus terminal.

Since you're too lazy to click on the link, I embedded the video here for you.

Do I have to do everything around here?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thank you for embedding the video. I don't click links for PP or AJ.

What I wonder is if all of this frisky stuff is just a way to keep Blackwater employed. They have to keep finding jobs for those people since they've been kicked out of Iraq.

And by the way, I think Blackwater has subsideraries in charge of analysis for 'potential terrorist' situations. They are probably behind a lot of this superfluous "security"
being instigated in order to create jobs for themselves.

new topics

top topics

join