It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MOD release UFO sightings from 1994 to 2000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The MOD has released hundreds of UFO files !!

uk.news.yahoo.com...

More than 6,000 pages of material spanning from 1994 to 2000 holds hundreds of other-worldly experiences with unidentified flying objects (UFOs) and apparent aliens across Britain.

Not much information is given on this news release, I wonder if it will be made available on line?

They are described as "hundreds of close encounters described in previously top-secret files " so does this mean we have been given previously top secret information? What actually does this mean, is top secret actually that or is there more to these files they have kept?

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Mr Green]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Ahh Mr Green you beat me to it.

Have a few more links for ya

www.thesun.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

I love it when the "experts" explain away these things

It's impossible to prove a direct link between what people are reading and watching and what they report as UFOs but one interpretation could be that the latest advances in technology may be influencing what people see in the sky

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Isn't anyone getting bored of the "truth really is out there" crap at the beginning of all television news reports relating to this, as well as the X-Files theme tune. Then followed by a smug set of anchors cracking jokes. It's like they deliberately forget to use their imagination.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
Isn't anyone getting bored of the "truth really is out there" crap at the beginning of all television news reports relating to this,

Well yes , your right it is always treated like that, especially in the UK. Its like they dont know what to make of all this so thats how they deal with it. Also I think its to lessen the possible shock this general drip drip can have on some people.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Its even on the front page of CNN

CNN

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I think its unfortunate that the British media seem incapable of taking anything seriously, but there again, after having to put up with interveiwing thieves and traitors ( Members of Parliment) I can see how they might need to switch off and revert to silly mode. Its pyschological. On the day there are no liars and bastards to interview, thats the day we get well reasoned reportage on this subject.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

The files contain a wide range of UFO-related documents covering the years 1994-2000. Find out more about close encounters, strange illnesses, flying ‘Toblerones’ and unidentified objects tracked on radar.

The best place to start is always with the highlights guide. Right click and 'save as/save link as' the links...

The rest of the documents are available from here. Get them quick because they aren't free forever. They start charging after a couple weeks...about £3.50 each x 24. Nevermind that I've paid for the damn things in taxes! Dammit.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

I agree there mate,

I am starting to sway towards we are being "prepared" from something.

EDIT: grammar

[edit on 18/2/10 by Lucifer84]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Thank you for all your links, as Im at work now I cant study them in depth but thanks again for posting them.

why did these releases only go up to 2000 ? what about the last 10 years?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

The MoD have steadily been releasing the documents over the last year in chronological order. I find the media response laughable. Sky news reported the highlights to contain "flying toblerone's" - why don't they say 'triangular craft'?? And, though I haven't seen the online stories relating to this release yet I will make the prediction that today I will roll my eyes when I read the word's "little green men", most likely in the Sun report, possibly the Mail.

I don't believe for a second that they are releasing every piece of evidence they have but it's a step in the right direction I suppose... or is it just adding more ridicule to an already 'fringe' topic? I'll read the reports and get back on that... hopefully there's something more substantial than we've been privvy to before, but I doubt it sadly.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join