It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else get virus alerts while using ats?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I have been a reader fo the site for a few years, then i finally decided to join last week. Ever since i registered for an account at this site, i get repeated viruse alerts for various trogans and adware. Anyone else get this is this common on this site?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CheifMasterTrollTheHTIC

Nope never....

I highly doubt it is ATS, but if you think it is you can report it HERE.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Nope never....

I highly doubt it is ATS, but if you think it is you can report it HERE.

Great ty

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
sometimes i get the file download bar just below the IE 8 windows, that asks you if you want to download the file... but i have found trojans on my system recently, not sure if they came from here, but i have also gotten malicious reports from my Anti-virus software while the site is idle for awhile....

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nvprose1
sometimes i get the file download bar just below the IE 8 windows, that asks you if you want to download the file... but i have found trojans on my system recently, not sure if they came from here, but i have also gotten malicious reports from my Anti-virus software while the site is idle for awhile....

what was your course of action?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Have had some interesting _javascript come in after ATS sessions that are flagged as virii by nod32, who knows if from a linked site or ATS itself though....

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I have been getting the you have a virus alert from here.
I have been getting a pdf from here
I have been getting weird attempted access's from here.
Only here too, I'm that gated, its the only thing running.
updated your protection?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I usually run an Ad-Aware quick scan after sessions on ATS. I usually see 3 or 4 privacy objects that get picked up by the scan. Not sure if they are malicious though.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I've never run into any serious threats in regards to virulent infections, keyloggers, malware, rootware, etc. At least, nothing my security battery couldn't handle; medium risk stuff at worst usually. Though I rarely manage to log out of the site without having accrued between 35 to 60 ad-ware leeches, tracking cookies, and other low-level nuisances.

sometimes i get the file download bar just below the IE 8 windows

Um... hey, bit of advise. Ditch Internet Explorer as soon as you possibly can try to run either Opera, FireFox, or Chrome. Otherwise it's like locking the front door and windows to your house, but leaving the garage door wide open.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Lasheic]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I use firefox, AVG and ZA.

I've never had a problem on ATS.

Be aware that some virus programmes give a false positive - sometimes it's just the programme making sure of something, but other programmes are a little nefarious in how they try to get people to buy add ons...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Anyone else get virus alerts while using ats?

Not exactly, but lately I've been getting a lot of auto-redirects to page that pretend to be a virus warning as a ploy to sell me some product. Click on a thread and then POOF! No longer on ATS.

Extremely annoying.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CheifMasterTrollTheHTIC
I have been a reader fo the site for a few years, then i finally decided to join last week. Ever since i registered for an account at this site, i get repeated viruse alerts for various trogans and adware. Anyone else get this is this common on this site?

yeah, me too. i use adaware, avast, mcafee, hijack this, and ccleaner after i visit above top secret. each time i have to remove what my security software considers malware.

i tested to see if above top secret was indeed the site where the "malware" was coming in. i ran all my security programs before logging on to the internet. each time my system was clean. i then log into above top secret . after i finish my surfing i close my internet browser and run my security programs. i did this five times. each time i had a half dozen items to clear.

while we are watching ATS, is ATS watching us?

i starred and flagged this post.

i use microsoft internet explorer.

-subfab

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
There are about about 14 tracking cookies used by ATS.

If you have Firefox hold the aly key down while typing TOS.
lift your finger off the alt key and type a.
The ATS admins probably get suspicious if a user try's to access the site without accepting cookies.

ATS has more redirects than a Delorean just don't click on any links and you won't get sent to the tattoo parlor.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I too get threat alerts (from AVG) almost very time I visit ATS, also sometimes it tries to redirect my page, plus lots of pop-ups. Also when I first come to the page and click on "log in" it says I cannot log in because I am not accepting cookies then when I hit log in again it lets me log in as normal. Weird huh? I am not a genius with the computer (my boyfriend is!) but AVG seems to be the best and its free. Knock on wood its been years since we have had any computer problems in regards to viruses and such.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Along with selective users being effected with this virus, all users are subject to a much more classified and complicated virus that causes a microchip to form within the forehead of all individuals that view this site over a very brief amount of time. This has caused all the Christians here to accept the mark of the beast without knowledge since the true Christians wouldn't be on a computer which accesses internet to view forums because they would have sold every thing that they owned and took up their crosses and walk with their man-god. So it is all performed in accordance with the christian gods approval.

In regards to your question, I do not notice any problems.

The above is completely FICTIONAL and is simply a HUMOROUS post.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by pplrnuts]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

What are you talking about?

Do you have any understanding of the English language?

God help us.

BTW, no virus alerts here.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by DazE777]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Computers these days suck.

That is all.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
too many popups and ad crap in my opinion

seems like I remember it happening once though

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If you believe you are picking up something via ATS, you need to file an ATS Malware Report.

Thread closed.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Our site is scanned regularly by two sources -- one is our technology support firm that scans our servers daily, the other is our ad scanning firm that scans our ad providers for malware every 15 minutes. Nothing has been located.

The particular "Russian Virus Scanning Trojan" you're referring to is typically spread via email attachments (as are most malware payloads), and lies dormant until it detects web browsing activity... thereby making it seem as though a website caused the problem.

CNET has been covering various aspects of this new variant of malware, and infected users must download the most-recent updates to their malware protection in order to remove it and protect against it.

Springer...

top topics

join