It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of life???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
"I have read and heard everything."

I doubt it!! But perhaps it is time to stop reading and watching, and time to start doing. I believe the purpose in life is to make choices. You choose to do alot or a little. The more you do the more you find opportunties to find purpose.

How many countries have you been in? How far have you traveled from where you were born?

How many people you don't know have you talked to today about something that is important to them? Don't count the weather.

It seems to be common for people in their late teens and early 20's to be sad/bored/aimless. It has something to do with our disconnected society.

I am worried that you might be thinking about easy ways to die. Please don't The longer you live the shorter life seems to be. You will find your adventure. Start doing stuff.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The point of life is to live, as we all are part of a vast system. By living you are like a cell in a giant body, oblivious to your purpose but there for a reason. perhaps with your death the entire organ you help structure will crumble, then with it the system it supports and with the system the body it's self dies. One person's actions might ultimatly effect the meaning of life it's self.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

The point of life is a way of better understanding the Unity that binds all things.

It is but a classroom of the creator (that you are).

As soon as you realize that significant events in your life are trying to teach you something then you can understand why you chose to be here and what was the reasoning of doing so.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

4:10 - 5:45 watch,
The meaning of life=

We are born into this world with nothing and we can take nothing with us when we die, so what is the use in acquiring a whole load of material possessions in the middle? The only possession we can, and do, take with us at the end of an incarnation is our consciousness. So it follows that the only thing worth acquiring in life is a higher level of consciousness – nothing else matters. Getting an education, holding down a good job, being rich and famous, getting married and having children are not our primary goals; they are just secondary factors that facilitate life on Earth. None of these factors directly contribute to our primary goal – the development of consciousness.

esotericscience.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I direct your eyes to my signature

Need more be said?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The purpose of life is also the purpose of art...to experience feelings, light, dark, and all shades in between. It is to see if you can do more than simply exist, but to thrive.

The biological purpose is to replicate and ensure future generations can thrive.

The psychological purpose is to understand a personal truth and share your findings so it may be grown upon

The spiritual purpose is the most important one...which is to...oh, door, brb.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

King Solomon, considered the wisest king of all time as recorded in the Old Testament of the Bible, himself had this question. He looked at everything he had, the vast amounts of treasure, wives, every pleasure he could have wanted. He also realized that upon dying, all his work was for naught. Those who had not worked for it would receive what was his, and everything he did was meaningless.

Meaningless, meaningless, everything is meaningless.

This is, of course, while having the mindset that life simply ended upon dying and that there was nothing else. He gave meaning to life by declaring that all of life was supposed to give praise to the maker. In doing this, we are permitted to enjoy those things that we have.

In short, the purpose is to give glory to God for the things he has done and enjoy the eternal life that he gives you should you be willing to accept it.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The point of life is in its living...nothing more...nothing less.

Think on this...

If religion is right then a god of some sort created existence out of nothing...that mystics say that it is an illusion since at the most fundamentally spiritual level, we are all one.

If science is right existence assembled randomly out of a swirling cloud of atoms and molecules into slightly denser clouds molecules and atoms...and again at the most fundamental level, we are all one.

Which one is true? It doesn't matter...both are a profound miracle.

Since either way this is true then life itself is precious and to be lived as deeply as you can for the time you have.

On that level all the stuff we surround ourselves with be it things be or politics or religion or whatever...

is meaningless...the living is all that matters.

[edit on 2/18/2010 by iMacFanatic]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

While it still takes God out of the picture, the movie Equilibrium is a great example of why feelings, emotions and experiences are vital to the *meaning of life."

I would not recommend, however, the movie "Mounty Python: The Meaning of Life," if you are looking for any serious answer.

Seriously though, if you haven't seen Equilibrium you need to, it's amazing.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Maybe the point of life is to acknowledge others? 3 pages and nobody has starred anyone else. C'mon folks...I'm gonna star every post in this thread and if YOU don't...your life is missing a point

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

the color pink smells like cotton candy, cherry taffy, and bubble bath soap...the purpose of life is to further the developement of our souls through physical experience.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Please don't do anything stupid because believe me, we've all been there in our past and you just have to live longer to get the answers you seek. People find the meaning in different ways in seems. Personally I gave up on trying to understand it all in this limited human capacity, other than believing we are here for actually a very short time to experience whatever God sets before us, to be "tried by fire" in some cases. Remember what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Hang in there.

Oh, and P.S. Like another member said, TRUST me you haven't heard and seen everything, not even close that takes a lot more than 23 years. I'm twice that age and still getting clued in.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Bombeni]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
If you believe that life has no purpose, then it will have no purpose.
What is the purpose of anything? The purpose of ice-cream? The purpose of a sunrise? Does it have to have a purpose? And if so, who gives it it's purpose? YOU or a bunch of random people in a forum.
You have to find your own purpose in life.

And i highly doubt you have read everything there is to read- at your age that would be a physical impossibility.... so go read something completely at odds with what you have already read. Dante's inferno maybe? Or Fear and Loathing... and then maybe something by Jed McKenna... or plough around Eckhart Tolle... and then Be Here Now by Ram Dass...
Read ALL of those??

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Hello ATS Heads! I'm a brand new member and this is my first time posting or, replying to a post. My knowledge is still building (I'm a beginner compared to the majority of the heads contributing on this site....so please be nice if I F**k Up lol)

The point of life?......I ask this to myself every single night when I lie in my bed.

We live today to die another day. Your goal in life is to survive, be peaceful and loving. Do these things.....and 'the one' that has put you and me in this world will reward you and pass you to a better life. 'The One' will decide when you leave this world and when you should join another.....'The One' will reward you.....you just gotta be patient!......just dont f**k up!

You're 23 and I'm 24.....the whole point of life?......lets ask that question when we reach our 40s, 50s or more. Stay Strong :-)

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Frosty found the meaning.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The point of life is to live and learn. This is nothing more than a game, so smile.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The meaning of life will remain a mystery during all of our lifetime, unless the EU/US or Russia decides to come clean with X-Files.

One of the reasons for me being on ATS like everyone is to find answers, we are all in the same boat, and we all want to find out the truth. The fact is, its out there, its just a question of time.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeace.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The point of life is to teach & learn the consequences of your and others actions. Do you think this life is all there is? On a higher level, you don't want to 'create' actions that are destructive or harmful. Physical is a learning realm.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
There is no purpose, just experience it.

Once you are dead, you will awake from this dream and continue experiencing.

Just don't kill yourself.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
fat bottom girls

Word!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join