It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of life???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by blaws572

Originally posted by LadySkadi
The point of life is to ensure that your journey is worthwhile...

well to be worthwhile LadySkadi can you please help me access the favorites page for threads. not the one for media. but the one for threads??

Erm... no... I don't know how, either.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
you are on this Earth to pay taxes play the rat race and then die...

If you dont like it change it....

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
To look at your favorite threads you need to:

1. Either post in the thread or click on the subscribe button at the top of the thread;

2. After doing one of the above all you need to do is press your "My ATS" button at the top of the page. On the right side of the new page you will see all your favorites listed.

Hope this helps,

STM

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura
Hello Above top secret. I am twenty three years old. I Do not know what the purpose of life is. I feel like life should be stopped. I have read and heard everything. I feel there is no need for me to continuue. What should i do?? What is the point in life?

Realize that You are on the Top of the Earth, the Whole World with all its greatness is beneath You. You are strait up upright and that's Pi all else from on the same 'level' onward is 'besides'.

You are a Recording being made (your memory) in an Identity shaped by previous-present experience (your Soul) living with a spirit (motivation) relating with the Spirit (inspiration) which has a perfect memory.

You (Your entire life) shall be Mastered in privacy with your Creator by a process of Editing called "the Judgement" both "Distinguishing" and 'condemning' according to which you choose to Heave up (which gets Cranked by all) and that you choose to keep Helld in -based on a Stone Table upon which You shall arrive to Stand!

Live a Life worth Sharing!

[edit on 2010/2/18 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Hello Above top secret. I am twenty three years old. I Do not know what the purpose of life is. I feel like life should be stopped. I have read and heard everything. I feel there is no need for me to continuue. What should i do?? What is the point in life?

The purpose of life is to learn through experiences, it is like a book with chapters that you write. It will serve you if you continue each chapter to the end no matter how hard it becomes because at the end of it you learn something valuable that you can never lose, some even get stuck on the first chapter in a never ending repitition while others complete the book.

I guarantee that you are feeling the way you do because you are not seeing the lesson in whatever is going on in your life, stop look around and learn because when it clicks, life becomes amazing.

Im the same age as you and I have been through exactly what you have just posted about.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
life is what you make it to be..its all only a choice. simple as that.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
What is the meaning of life?

Why you must be the first person to ever ask that question.

It's simple actually. Life is about people and interactions. Life is about having positive interactions and trying your hardest not to screw others over. Life is about being a good friend and not judging. There is no right or wrong or good or bad in the universe, only with people. You will never succeed at all times but you must strive for a good average.

Of this I am convinced.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
"The world is full of people who stopped listening to themselves" - Joseph Campbell

"To think with your heart" :
paimei01.blogspot.com...

The point in life is not to survive, or any other stuff, it's to do what you want. To feel alive. Why are we bored ? Because unconsciously our "soul" or "heart" feels we miss something. We want to feel alive. We are the Universe experiencing itself. See all those children in the American civil war, they used to lie about age and join in. Did they care about "ideology" and slaves ? No, they were just seeking adventure, wanted to feel alive. Death does not matter, and we also know this unconsciously - because we die whatever we do. That's why we laugh at cartoons when Wile E. Coyote gets flattened

The MACHINE in our heads tells us to fear death, (which in fact is to fear life, because death is inevitable once alive), tells us to be machines. We get bored and don't know why. See the first quote from Joseph Campbell. To feel alive - you don't necessarily need to go to war. Just listen to yourself and do what you want. Usually when people listen to themselves - good things happen. To all. When they don't - we have Hitler.

The importance of this self-respect as a prime motivator of human nature can hardly be overstated; it may enable an individual to defy civilization, even in the face of the hatred of the whole modern world. When an individual acquires fundamental self-respect, then s/he will be made a fool no longer, and all the blows of civilization are nothing but the battle scars of a proud warrior. Civilization is powerless against it, because a person who has re-claimed fundamental self-respect cares nothing about the laws and standards of civilization.

This self-respect leads to genuine self-love, the second and decisive step on the path to sanity, for self-love (and happiness in large measure) consists in becoming one's own ideal again, as in childhood. This self-love eventually overflows and becomes love for others and for external nature.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by pai mei]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
From my point of view life these days seems to be all about money, or finding a job u like to earn the money to buy things, nice house nice car, garden, gadgets..etc.

Whether you marry into it, earn it, inherit it. It seems to be the barometer on the quality of life you get to lead. If your suffering you might be yearning for a better quality of life i.e more money.

Yes everyones gonna say lifes not all about money theres love and children and nature and learning and yada yada, which there is but .... anyway no-ones mentioned it yet and its what make the world turns, where do most good lookin chicks end up? with guys that have money! LOL

I hope some day we could create a moneyless society with nano tech replicators and automation but that wont be in my life time.

think about it.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I haven't read the thread...but flagged it.

I honestly believe that the point of life is life itself. Life exists and seeks to continue to exist. In a real sense we are life's experience of itself and the means to understand itself. Individuals come and go. Lifeforms die...millions per split second! The teeming, bubbling mass of life continues to live on....and doesn't look back.

Right or wrong...that's my deeply held belief

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

kadinsky was closest i believe,

the purpose of life is to discover the purpose of life.

use the highest sector of your mind, the discriminating faculty, to conclude that the universe, its laws, its "source", are infinite, indestructable, undivideable and therefore you are THAT and duality is illusion. in sanscrit-"tat tvam asi"---"that thou art".

follow the source of "i am", as it proceeds everything. self enquire ceaselessly.
whatever attracts you will hold you back as a poem from india reminds us. --

you suffer from yourselves, none else compells,
to whirl upon the wheel of life and
hug and kiss its spokes of misery.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

Perhaps the purpose of life is to discover "the purpose of life".
Only by making the journey, will you find the destination.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pitons
Point of life is to eat, live, reproduce? That's all? If that's all the meaning than it has no meaning at all and the best thing would be to cease exist because there's no difference then at all. To be born just to die?

That is the purpose of life when you strip away all the layers that we humans create. Survival would probably be on the list aswell. Im not saying that's what I believe as im human and like to add my own layers of complexity to the situation/question. But remove all that and those three things are what life is all about.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

Perhaps its already been said. But I'll say it again if need be. And I'm glad you brought it up. Sometimes we all need to be reminded of it. ( BTW, Happygolucky- that was awesome heh )

Simple- Live it and live it well. Meaning....

Do stuff, say stuff, learn stuff, find a purpose, do it, change it, do something else, interact with people, find a pretty girl ( or boy if thats your angle ) kiss her, live, laugh, rage, cry, sigh, sleep, get hurt, triumph, lose, be good to people, or bad if thats your twist, but do it with every fiber of your being, more ( of course theres more ) climb a mountain, scuba dive, hang glide, go hiking, do all this and you will surround yourself with equally awesome people!

You will do wonders for your soul

Biggest recommendation, limit your video exposure, ( TV, recordings, computer, video games ) go outside and play

I'm 42, I learned all this at your age, and its been a helluva ride ever since, I regret nothing except when I forgot what I just told you-- LIVE.

Have a great one my friend,

Its not the game its how you play it

PG

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Perhaps this Arabian fable will help you, it's roots go back to Chaldean times... and it survived with some help being retold by Voltaire...

ZADIG;
OR, THE
Book of Fate.
LINK

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Whats the point of life..?

Well, its to keep the life's of others happy. Such as, being a consumer and adding to the collective by having off-spring, who in-turn their self's add to the process of being a consumer.
All this is done whilst we earn a minimum wage or stand in the dole-cue, waiting to be told that we are not getting our dole money this fortnight, because we havent done enougth to find a job. (Despite being told, ''thanks, but no thanks'' at Job Interviwes. So Courtesy and Dignified you move on to the next job interviwe, still Unemployed)
-But still not ''WORKING TOWARDS THE SYSTEM.''
The punishment for not having any money to put back into the system, to keep the economy affloat whilst casually, idolising Television Idols and the likes, And also dreaming of a better life.
This makes one try harder to get some money again, so we can put it back into the system with a FALSE smile from the cashier... (you just paid their wage's after all.)

The Circle of life..?
Or just another circle of the money chain running this financial system..? (Which also isnt Eco-Friendly.)

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The purpose of life is to glorify the One who created your life. Read the first chapter of John, in the Bible.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

YOU ARE LOVED!!!

You have figured it out.

Relax and know it's all okay. It's not easy to do, but you'll get there.

Find something creative to do to occupy your time now that you have figured it out. The best thing to do now is to live as long as you are allowed and enjoy it without interfering with others' search.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
What a great question?

Having kissed death a few times in my day I have often reflected upon not only the meaning of life but the meaning of my life!

lol

WTF..is the question that sticks out in my frontal cortex when I even consider that I am alive as I have been around some very scray crazy sh..stuff and why in the h I am not dead is beyond me at times.

Just today I was thinking that I saved a person from dying once...I mean this was a sure thing and I saved this stupid/unlucky kid from certain drowning in a real fast river...it all took place so fast..the bank gave away and he was washed in and going under a train trestle when (I seemed to see the whole thing in slow mo) I reached out and just barely snagged him and then almost got pulled in my self...but the speed and power of that water alwyas haunts me.

That kid is a mechanic today. lol Probably does not barely remember the thing. lol

And I have fallen through the ice on very fast rivers not once but twice and not only pulled myslef out I got my snowshoes out both times...lol and then walked back to my truck soak and wet in Northern Sask...stuff like that blows my mind.

I could go on and on but let me tell ya that you are no accident.

Take heart and do good toward people. Do no harm.
Love your women and your children with everything in you and respect those whom God or whoever/whatever power has given to your kin.

You are the summation of the thought and attitude of your forefathers so nobody but they will understand what makes ya cook and what does not. Freedom I would say is a big generator of most individuals.

Unfortunately most have yet to taste it. It is a good thing to be free.

That freedom thing will help get you unafraid to continue on as it seems to ignite a thirst for itself creating a virtuous cycle.

Helped me.

Freedom will cost you. For example instead of driving a nice new car you pay cash for a clunker just so if you want to get up and go you are free to do it.

People have other methods but I keep mine simple.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
My Understanding.......

The meaning of life is to experience creation and to create,. Thought create, everything is consciousness. And to be conscious is to experience the creation!

So sit back and enjoy.. Your part of the reason!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join