It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the hum getting louder/ stronger? date:2/17/2010

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
hey...i havent read thru the whole thread but i just wanted to mention that it may be these cell phone towers.....ive got the same problem....and wouldnt you know...two commercials in a row just came on about loud ringing in your ears? unreal....

anyway i created a thread a while back about this...you might want to go thru it and see if you catch anything that might be helpful...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I've heard this humming since I was a kid and that was before cell phones. I don't know what it is, but I hear it outside as well as inside.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well it's been a little over ten months that I have been
hearing the "HUM".I said in my last post that I had
contacted my local council,the environmental health
department to be precise.

So after going through all the possibilities of what may
be causing this awful sound the council E.H dept
team suggested they put some recording equipment in
as I had got to the point where I needed proof and a frequency
that may help me find the source of the noise.

I am writing today as it's a little just past 4:00pm
here in the UK and the "HUM" is louder than ever.
it is not constant,has no set pattern and it may last
half an hour or it can go on for 12+ hours.

The thing is you cannot hear the humming outside?
only when you get inside and especially if you close
the door to the room your in,say my bedroom where
it seems to be the loudest,the hum is very noticeable.

Not all people can hear it,a few friends can, but there
are more that cant hear the hum than can,maybe due
to age or poor hearing range?.I have VERY good hearing.
I am 37 years old and I hear the mosquito that the council
put up to stop kids loitering around certain areas and
you are supposed to stop hearing the high pitched clicks
at around 18-25 yrs of age!

So I managed to catch the hum on this recording device
I had it for 4 days/nights and it recorded clips of 3 mins
at a time at the touch of a button.I managed to get around
half an hour's worth (there is only so much space on the sound card)
so when I get the results in I may be able to give those of you who
suffer like me a little bit of technical info that might help?

The recording device was very complex and made by a company
called norsonic or that was its name,with a very sensitive mic and
the digital module was set to record low frequency noise.

apparently the reason you hear the hum in a closed room is
this creates a chamber where the sound can bounce off the
walls and kind of amplify it.Also the trouble with low frequency
is it can travel for miles.This is not good!I need to find the source
as it has gone beyond a joke for me.

I will add the hum seems to be "pulsing" now. I am convinced
it is a large diesel engine powering some machine as it sounds
just like you would expect an engine of this type to make.

Just so you no my hearing is fine,too fine if you ask me!
one of the team said I was lucky to have such good hearing
I said it's more of a burden if anything.Like I said I shall write
when I get the results back and I'm also going to ask if I
can have the recordings put onto a CD so I can upload it
here at A.T.S. and to play through my HI-FI, loud to those that
say it's in my head!

edit on 10/10/2010 by stealthyaroura because: for spelling mistake.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Stealthy Aurora do you know of any known or rumored underground facilities anywhere in or around your region? I know there is some sort of underground facility in parkland bordering a neighborhood adjacent to mine. I don't know the precise distance but I can walk to it from my house in about twenty minutes so it's not that far. I would not have known what it was but my husband identified the ventilation shaft that marks it's existence. It is not hidden at all but it is protected by a barbed wire fence that I think is also electrified. There are no above ground structures to be seen aside from this vent and absolutely no utilities it could be for. It's there without any apparent reason in such an odd location along a public path in a residential area.
when you conjectured that you were hearing an engine I started wondering if you're hearing and if I was hearing some kind of generator for an underground facility. I don't hear the hum anymore though. We did have an earthquake though. Any relation to the hum? Who knows but I'm not in an area that is known for seismic activity. I did gear a bang and rending sound that preceded the quake. Many heard these sounds but some did not.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I hear a hum, or very low rumbling when I yawn, but I'm pretty sure that its my blood careening through the vessels.
If you can hear it, does it sounds similar to that?

Then again, I may be flexing the right muscle and changing the frequency on which I listen and then I'm hearing it for a short time....

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaiwynn

I have tinnitus and tmj issues but I can easily differentiate any sound anomalies produced by my own body from this hum we are talking about. The hum is something you can actually feel almost through your whole body as it really is a lot like feeling the vibrations of some very large engine at work somewhere. It's so intrusive and pervasive that to those who do perceive it, it's mind boggling that there are people who cannot. I'm beginning to wonder if that is due to something being different in the brain chemistry ...as in neurotransmitters...of those who can perceive the sound.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

no apart from peoples own cellars there
are no "industrial/military" underground
bases in my area. i would know believe me.

i am still awaiting the DATA from the recording
stuff left at my place to post the results.

i can say i hear it 8 miles away from where
i am also and it is really annoying.

my hearing is perfect too good,this humming
is not always constant but it is on more than it
is off.

i am leaning towards it being a huge diesel generator
or similar power plant as being a mechanic i do know
what such a thing would sound like,but there does
not seem to be any determinable direction to track
this noise down.

to be honest it may as well be psychological warfare
because it is driving me to the point of madness.
IF i do find the source of it rest assured i will destroy it!
THAT IS A PROMISE. that's how F'd off i am with it!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

i don't have tinnitus but you have described
the hum perfectly,yes it gets right into your
head.
you can almost feel it.and i agree there is
a definite percentage of the population who just
cannot hear it. (LUCKY THEM!) as for us who have
this extra ability to hear this humming there must be
a reason for that.
like you suggested maybe some kind of chemical
difference in our brain or whatever.wish i knew!

as i have stated before I can hear those mosquito
devices to keep crowds of teenage kids away from
certain areas. and your supposed to lose the ability
to hear this high pitched clicking sound at around
18-25yrs old, I'M 37!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is what you hear... But what I hear is a very low toned roaring, moaning hum. I have had this since I was very young. As long as I can remember really.

There did seem to be certain areas around where I grew up where it is louder. To me, sometimes it even sounds like I can pin point it physically in a given direction, but I never find the source. It is often louder at night. I have learned to live with it. There are times when I find it comforting. I am very sorry to say that I don't know what it is. I don't even know if we are both hearing the same thing, the same frequency, or experiencing the same phenomenon, or simply having a similar auditory hallucination. I wish I did know, but no harm as come to me because of it, even if I have found no rhyme or reason to it.

For those who would nay-say... Yes I've considered power lines... No they are not consistently in proximity. Yes I have had my ears tested. I am legally deaf in my left ear which has been ruled out as a factor. I have seen many therapists and so far no one believes I am schizophrenic. I cannot personally rule out some sort of auditory hallucination, but the general consensus is that that is unlikely. In terms of detriment to my mental health--The Hum is a non-factor, and simply a fact of life.

I do not talk about it much. But you are not alone.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well last time i posted on "the hum" was a few months ago last year, It seemed to have stopped
around November time. I did have the local council in with there recording equipment and i
managed to capture about 20 mins of DATA.( 3 min segments a time, only small memory card)

Well since then they never got back to me with the results. So it started up again, this annoying
humming, Just after new year. I have been hearing it for the last few days, Mostly threw the night
and sometimes in the morning up to about dinner time. I have been so ill with migraines and sleep
deprivation. It's living Hell. I am looking to move,Thats how bad it is.

I have had enough. I have been back in touch with the council for the results and i was surprised
when i rang and spoke to the lady in charge of this case. She said she had just been looking over
the recordings as a matter of fact. Coincidence? Maybe, OR they have had more reports and know
dam well what is causing this noise but have probably taken a backhander to keep quiet?

Bit far fetched yes but you never know. I have spoken to other people who hear it too, I tell them
to get in touch with the council and report it. They say they have and have been stonewalled.

So i ask about the results, and i get told there is nothing on the sound card? Nothing that she can
hear.But then she could not hear it in my flat when it was humming away so it should come as no
surprise she could not hear a recording of it!

This is not good enough! I have asked for a more thorough investigation and i want the DATA i recorded
put onto a CD so i can play it back through a sub woofer as it is low frequency.

But alas even if the source is located there is no law that says they can do anything about it!!
This is not an option. If i find the source i will disable it. I have had enough.

Next step is to approach the local paper. I also intend to contact Salford university as they are
the expert's in this field and lead the way in the phenomena.maybe they will help.

Why do i get the feeling that if this was happening in the "posh" end of town where all the Rich
live this would be sorted out.

If there are more sufferer's I would love your theory. as long as you dont mention i have tinnitus or
some kind of delusion. This is a real noise. my hearing is fine.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Good to hear from you Stealthyaurora... I haven't posted in a long time but kept checking for new posts and it is nice to see you are still trying to get answers. I have pretty much given up on getting any answers. But, I have been wondering if the recent bird (and other animals) deaths have anything at all to do with the same thing that's responsible for the HUM. I have noticed lately, that inside the house, the HUM is more resonant. I have mentioned this before. Like when you sing a certain note, it results in the HUM getting louder and almost like an echo. It is very weird. I find myself hitting different things to see what makes it more resonant. I still don't think this is a sound but more some kind of energy which of course we cannot see but we sense in our heads as a sound. Just think how long this has been going on. Do you really think we are ever going to find out anything? We are nothing.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Have you ever went on vacation, traveled by air, or had a time when you suddenly didn't hear it? I've heard stories of people who were actively trying to pinpoint where it was, and they say that they drove for hundreds of miles in all directions and still hear it. Then I remember someone went underground into a cave and said it sounded a bit louder down there.
Find out if your state has a cave system that you can visit. There are some that are open to the public and are easy to access, you just have a guided tour inside and don't need any equipment or anything. You just basically ride an elevator down a shaft. If you are not clostrophobic, then you ride down the elevator and into the cave system and they have sort of sidewalks and guardrails and you just walk through.

I have a family member who just couldn't take the ride down the elevator, but it didn't bother me. The cave I visited is upstate in Arkansas, called Blanchard Springs Cavern. It is very pretty and I think parts of it are still a living cavern, that is, the water is still dripping and forming new formations. Some caverns are dead, in that the water doesn't drip any more and form new formations.

You can visit a cave and it is interesting in itself. You can see if the hum is any louder for you down in a cave. Then you will know if the hum is coming from under the ground or not.

edit on 18-1-2011 by jessieg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Have you all been checking out the Fragile Earth and gray area sections of ATS? The hum and other odd inexplicable sounds have been the source of conversation and speculation for months now. All over the world people in various areas are hearing booms, low frequency hums, getting dizzy and fatigued. Something is going on an and you aren't suffering alone. It's really getting widespread, though still not everyone can hear it or the other sounds.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by notknowing

Oh man i am sick of it. yes maybe it is some kind of energy that we perceive as
sound. There is a theory that was put forward on a radio talk show when people rang
in about this HUM.
Note they all say the exact same thing, It sounds like a large Diesel engine idling away
in the distance and the sound gets inside your head and there is no discernible direction.

The theory put forward is that there is a type of radar that's ground penetrating and it's so
powerful this is what we could be hearing. I'm not sure about this myself as i did not hear the
show i only got told about it so it's a little sketchy at best.
I will keep updating.thanks.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by notknowing

Yes,

I have heard it, it has bothered me, and I have posted a topic about it.

I have also posted a reply to someone else who posted.

If those posts have been removed - that is BAD NEWS.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

Oh i have been to other places and not heard it. I'm in the UK.
There are caves but there quite far but that might not be a bad
idea.
It seems that my flat and the ones around it are the most affected
but it certainly is getting to be a world wide phenomenon.
If it's military they wont tell us or stop.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I shall check the other forums thanks.
I have been googleing like mad "the hum"

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Where did you post my friend?
would be interesting to get your take on the matter.
What country are you in?
I'm sat up in bed and i can hear it loud as day now!
this is 07 :28 GMT UK for gods sake! so tired cos of it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Hi stealthy,

I posted on this site a while ago called catwhoknows - and I have replied to someone else more recently.

Sorry you are hearing it - I don't trust it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I am in NZ

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join