It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the hum getting louder/ stronger? date:2/17/2010

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Cthulhu is finally waking up.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaiju

Oh my god! that wiki article on the hum is EXACTLY what
i have been describing it sounds like a diesel engine idling
this is what wiki says too thank god I'm not going mad.

says men are more affected,my sister mother and girl friends cannot
hear it,and 30% of people only seem to hear it.

if true this is a true curse!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Cthulhu is finally waking up.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Please, tell us, what does that mean? What language is that? Interesting...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I feel like I have replied to this somewhere along the line or something similar,but I'll try again!

I don't hear a hum so much as I do a high pitch frequency. Like a tuning fork that changes pitch and intensity. I have had my ears checked and they are fine.
The only thing I have kind of noticed is that when the sound increases in pitch, it usually means something is about to happen or I need to be really paying attention to where I am at or whatever I am doing.

I hear mine for the most part all the time so it doesn't matter where I am. lol
I don't know if this means anything, but I do know it is in the key of "G." and when it kicks into high gear, it goes to "G# (sharp). High octive though.

I do on occasion get the hum though as well, but it is rare. The pitch has become more persistent lately.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by notknowing

That's from the H.P. Lovecraft Cthulu Mythos series of stories. It's a joking reference to underground beings.

Anyway, interesting to come across your post just as I was relating elsewhere one part of the MANY things that happened to me after I moved into my current home while pregnant. I was fine during the pregnancy but after the birth, besides sensing what I can only describe as "presences" that my cats apprently could react to as well, I started experiencing what you are describing with this hum phenomena. I was trying frantically to find a logical explanation for it.

At first I thought it was because the telco was installing fiber optic cable in our neighborhood. I thought it was merely the nonstop idling of the engines of their trucks or the act of installing cable itself that was causing the vibrations. But then the installations ceased and I STILL was being driven to distraction by this hum that I could more feel than hear, if that makes sense. It was very incompatible with the rythm of my own heartbeat and breathing and that made it torture. I had a new baby to care for. My hormonese were also all over the place and I was healing from a c section. It all combined to make a living hell.

My husband never heard anything. He became distressed as I spent more time both poring over internet pages trying to find out what was humming at me and as I was also trying to understand why I felt like there was a crowd of people all around me so much of the time or at other times one specific person.

Finally, once I weaned my kid and was therefore free to take medications, I told everything to my doctor. My mom had had a mental breakdown several years prior that she recovered nicely from. So I felt the responsible thing to do was keep an open mind and see if I could be treated as well. I was diagnosed with post-partum pychosis and given Zoloft. Just as an added bonus my dad and I did a sort of house blessing to address the "haunted" feeling since I had reason to feel there might be legitimacy in considering that possibility.

I still do hear the hum. I still hear lots of hums. What the Zoloft did was change the way my brain processes sensory input so that the sounds and vibrations I was percieving could be processed "normally"...and by normally I guess I mean that they are procssed in the same way my husband and other visitors were apparently processing the same signals that surely had to be hitting their senses. For example in addition to the hum everything always looked "dark" or dim to me. Even a bright sunny day just couldn't give me a feeling I was getting enough light. I don't know if it was my pregnancy hormones or something else but clearly something was thrown out of kilter in my endocrine system and nervous system so I was processing sensory input in an painful new way. Since I often can still sense this vibration and sound I know the signal is still there but now it's just background noise to me, much in the same way traffic noise is.

I was also chronically irritable and the Zoloft helped with that. I did experience suicidal urges with that medication. Knowing that they were likely being caused by the medication as a undesirable side effect helped me deal with them. I eventually was weaned off after a couple of years under the supervision of my doctor.

You mention you are experiencing menopause. That's a huge and powerful change and shock to your endocrine system and nervous system in and of itself. It's possible you're now overtuned as a reciever.

As for the really garantuan sounds that sound like an invading alien armada is flying over one's house--both my husband and I do experience that, too. Sometimes we do see military craft passing over or sometimes circling overhead. Sometimes we see NOTHING!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
First off i just wanted to apologize before hand as i can lend no reasons or possible explinations on this, or even try to find one.. as most know, we are in the UK, in the middle of nowhere, i hear this hum you mentioned (an electrical like sound similiar to when a TV is turned on, only consistant and stronger)? occassionally, but my partner gets it far worse, sometimes in the past few weeks especially he has been un able to get to sleep or stay asleep due to hearing it that loud and clear..and sleep or no sleep the sound makes him extremely edgy...and there are times it seems its all he can hear..yes i know the 'go to the Dr' comment will appear here, so before that is mentioned, just want to add that he wasnt long ago at the Dr for a full check up for a job.. sight and hearing were both spot on..i would really like to know what this is as we have no idea what it could be affecting at various frequencies..

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I found one of your earlier comments in this thread I previously overlooked. You mentioned you are very sensitive to smells. Have you always been this way? I am now. It's hereditary. My grandma was famous for it and we teased her for being a human bloodhound. But I didn't come into such a high level of sensitivity until I was in my mid 20's and it shows little sign of abating. I don't know if this trait is significant in any way to addressing the hum problem but I feel somehow there could be a link so I am tossing this info out there.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
i too am hearing this persistently. Actually i'm seeing flash of light . Its happening ,ore often and after not being able to find any source for the flash coming even at 3 or 4 am, i am just kinda used o it now.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by corruptedtesssa

Oh I definitely wouldn't tell you to go to the doctor. I did for a whole host of issues--not the hum itself-- and as stated, I got "cured" by being put on a serotonin reuptake inhibitor type of drug for the overall diagnosis of post-partum psychosis. So, in my case I had a clear diagnosis that may or may not have been related to my hum problem and it was just fortunate that the Zoloft seems to have effected a cure upon my "hum problem" as I call it. Anyone else going to see their doc specifically for this problem is likely to get nothing more than a puzzled, polite brushoff or a check for tinnitus.

One thing I came across in my original research on the problem is that people who live in coastal areas are sometimes driven a bit mad by subsonic vibrations caused by the pounding of the surf. The normal sounds we hear of the surf are soothing, but the subsonic vibrations they can create, especially on some underground structures like caves or such, can be troubling. I read this almost 6 years ago so I can't provide a link at this time but perhaps if I remember and get a chance to search another time I can find it again. I had to give up on that idea as an explanation for my problem as I don't live near the ocean at all.

Are you located near the ocean? It sounds like NotKnowing is. That's something to perhaps consider for some of us. Others of us, apparently not.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by SheeplFlavoredAgain]

[edit on 8-7-2010 by SheeplFlavoredAgain]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

hi
..very good points all around on this.. and i am glad to hear that you were able to get proper help for such a problem, it cant be at all easy to live with!
We are in Wales, so even though we are quite a ways inland, any short term driving in any direction will take you to the ocean before too long, so that may be all thats to it.. also we live near a very old slate quarry that is no longer in use, there are 3 huge holes that have become very deep pools from the digging decades back, so that also might explain something of this? I do know that my partner sometimes feels like its something electric in the house, even going so far as to turn off every thing in the house that was on, and still hearing it like its right next to his head, but at the same time distant..

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Thank you, I can relate to your experience with Post Partum Depression. I suffered through that also... I tried the medication route but gave it up after a couple of weeks of getting much worse. I was in a very dark place. What helped me was getting out of the house more and going back to work sooner than planned. And most important, going to church regularly and praying.

For a while I had been noticing C-130's and other military type planes flying right over our house. After writing something about it in our local newspaper blog, it stopped.... AUTEC is at our local Airport, so who knows what the heck they are doing...

Can your child sense the hum also? Mine can at times when it is strong.
Are your cats healthy? I had one dog die of cancer a year ago and another that will have to be euthanized because of cancer also... They both sensed the hum, but the female way more than the male.

My husband doesn't hear it and doesn't even like to talk about it. He's sick of hearing about it. That's why I do this. It's a form of therapy.

Did you ever have a UFO sighting? Or any other paranormal experience?
I do think there's a connection. Of course, if you read all my posts, you
know that I had a UFO sighting when I was 11 or 12 in 1972. Can't remember the exact time of year. I lived in Puerto Rico at the time. The weather is always the same, but I'm thinking it must have been in the summer. And that I believe they are of satanic origin. No aliens to save us, sorry...
Matthew 24 warns of a deception, I and others believe this will be it.
Read the book: Alien Encounters

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Yes, I have always been very sensitive, period. When I was 9 years old I started getting migraines, which lasted most of my life. They would be triggered a lot of times by smells. I don't get those as much anymore. Thank God.
I think when we have a very good sense of smell, it follows that we also have very good hearing and taste...
My husband is kind of deaf, and he doesn't hear the hum.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I live in the West Palm Beach area which is not far (15 miles?) from the Atlantic Ocean. Not that close either.
What about you, where do you live, may I ask? At least tell us which part of the world?
The midwest? Any military bases near you? Autec?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I've heard a humming for years, and yes, it's getting stronger. I've also noticed that the pitch has changed. It used to be a really high pitch sound, but lately, it sounds like someone is laying on a car horn, but far off in the distance. I put earplugs in my ears and I still hear it, but I don't hear it in my ears. I will sound weird when I say this but it sounds like I'm hearing it in my brain, kinda like you can hear your own voice when you are having a mental conversation with your inner self. I know that won't make sense.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I've been hearing the Hum for a number of years now.
Sometimes it is strong and at other times it is weak to non existent.
The first couple of years it drove me crazy...i.e. finding it hard to go to sleep, thinking about it, trying to locate the source etc. I've become very used to it now.
If you are looking for others who hear the hum, may I suggest this site : tech.groups.yahoo.com...

This forum is devoted to discussion of the "Hum," a worldwide phenomenon... The orientation of this forum is scientific and factual. Discussion of the paranormal and supernatural hypotheses is not allowed...

Personally I have given up the search as I feel the hum is just part of me and my life now.
Hope you find peace.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Yes, it makes sense to me and I bet to anyone else who senses the hum. It feels like some kind of energy penetrating my brain. When it was very strong on 2/17/10 I thought my brain was being microwaved. Thank God it is not that strong everyday. I wonder what "they" are doing to our poor little brains...

Yes, the pitch has changed over time, when I first started hearing it it was like the sound of a diesel engine in the distance having a hard time staying on, then later on it was stronger and more continuous and started to sound like a giant drum in the distance and then later it started to sound like a C-130 always approaching but never gettting any closer. Lately, it has been pretty low and not as noticeable. More noticeable at night as always, and especially when you put your ears to the pillow. You feel the vibration more that way.
I pray someday everyone will sense this hum and then maybe then, we will be told something about it. Probably not the truth. Can anyone be trusted anymore?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have also heard this hum, it gets louder at night, expecially after midnight. I live in a village, vast urban sprawl to the east and fields till wales the other, usually u could hear a pin drop a mile off but the last few nights especially there has been a sound not too different from a loud street cleaner, I have gone in search in the direction of the sound but come to the conclusion its all around me.

Oddness!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
this may be something of a heads up..ears ringing or not.
fourwinds10.com...
I hope you get your ears checked..i have tinitus bad..but lately due
to my own condition perhaps..etc etc..it's been getting worse..egads
it drives me up the wall..I'd run out and get something for it if I could.
Sometimes I wonder if something else comes into play here making
a condition worse !!!!!
curious me.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I Have the environmental health team coming with there
monitoring equipment and there gonna leave it so i can record
oh i also did some tuning on some frequency generating software
i downloaded and the nearest i got is the sine wave at 56 Hrz
over 4 channels tweaked here and there.its a close match.

will update when i get the tech.its out at mo on loan on a case.
the council i asked said they have had similar complaints to mine

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Maybe you are hearing our Mother, Gaia, screaming as she is being beaten to death from TPTB.

I noticed your location is in Florida, closest to the Oil Gusher (It's not a leak).

Our Mother, Gaia is now bleeding to death.

I don't care who laughs at me, my pride can take it.

We humans have allowed the most savage rape of our Mother Planet.

All in the name of greed.

Perhaps you are so intuned you are hearing her weep and moan in pain.

The hum is her dying heartbeat.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join