It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the hum getting louder/ stronger? date:2/17/2010

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AshOnMyTomatoes

It sounds to me... Like you might be a hearer. But, maybe you are not as affected as I am. Did you feel nausea at all when you first started sensing this sound?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Oh well, it is not staying low for very long. It goes up and down frequently. I hope this phase doesn't last forever...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by notknowing
How dissappointing... I can tell most of you are non-hearers... I'm not going to repeat everything all over again. Do a search with my author name: notknowing and you will get all the posts. All the answers are there.

I can see why non-hearers stop trying to find answers after a while. It is maddenning to have to answer the same questions over and over. Like some kind of torture.

This problem is real! And the sound is really not a sound... It cannot be recorded. We perceive it as a sound. If you heard what I sense as the hum, then I'm sure you would finally realize why this is so hard to deal with. It is more than a sound. It feels like it penetrates your brain.

It was pretty strong all night, and now finally, at 7am it seems to be going back to the usual level, not so strong. Thank you.

Please don't take this the wrong way....

But if you're going to create a thread about it, you should be prepared to answer a few basic questions. If those have been answered before, can you at least provide a link to those threads? I could be way off but that is sort of a responsibility of the poster....instead of us having to do all the searching under your profile.

I truly hope you solve it, but expect the "non-hearers" (is that a word??) to ask questions...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I think we all have compassion for your humming problem thats why we are asking questions....

Questions that will never be answered, like my one simple question, does anyone else at your home hear it? just trying to determine if its just you or if its a real outside sound.

simple.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I can't add anything as to why your humming is getting louder in fact, I don't hear it here in Florida however.......I listen to the radio pretty much all day.
I found it very strange/interesting/curious to hear advertisements for Tinnitus lately. I mean really! The commercials says if you just can't stand that annoying ringing/humming in your ear try (whatever the product they're pitching. I forget the name).

We have colds.
We have flues.
We have headaches, tooth aches, stomach aches and back aches.
We might get sunburn down here
But how many people are complaining about ringing/humming in their ear that they feel they need to push a product on the radio? This is on more than one radio station too (mind ya, these are the same stations that bring us "Be prepared for emergencies" and Blood donations wanted via Red Cross commercials too)
Very weird!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Yesterday afternoon in Denver right around 3:45-4:00PM MST there was a hum/rumble that went on for about 10 minutes. As far as I can tell, I am the only one in the house that heard it. Honestly it sounded like a jet engine, or an old cropduster plane that sat stationary above my house. I looked outside and did not see anything that would account for the noise. it was really strange. It didn't fade or gradually get louder, it was just on, and then gone.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
According to an episode of "Unsolved Mysteries" created several years ago, there were, at that time, about 1000 people worldwide who are afflicted with this sound.

You are probably possessed of a special kind of hearing or even some damage that makes it easier to discern this sound.

Strangely, we had an unusual rumbling plane come over at about 6:15 a.m. A lot of planes go over but this one was large and extremely powerful compared to others, including military. It sounded like several VERY powerful planes of some unusual engine type. Never heard it or felt it before.

Hopefully nothing, but the St. Louis thing was eerie, same time, same out-of-the-ordinary occurrence.

My prayers are with you, hum-hearers. How awful.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Copperflower]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have a cogenital, progressive hearing loss. The explaination that all (and I have seen many) ENT doctors have given it is "genetic hearing loss", which in layman's terms means that since my dad had a similar hearing loss (though not as bad), it must be genetic and they have no clue.

My hearing loss, if physical, is related to a malfunction in the auditory nerves. After mutiple CAT and MRI scans, it has been determined that the physical costruction of my ears is fine. In fact, it is great, very little degradation over time.

So with that background, I can tell you, I hear ringing and hums 24/7 and have heard these sounds every day of my life since as far back as I can remember. I have never experienced total silence in the way that "normal" people might experience. Still, every now and again, something catches me off guard. It is a subsonic hum, barely audible, but I can feel the pressure wave (or at least a pressure sensation) against my ears and body. Sometimes it sounds like a large helicopter, other times, it sounds like a rocket. One time it scared the willies out of me because it was so loud it seemed that something was crashing into the house.

I have never found a pattern, nor any attributable explaination. I usually just resign myself to the fact that it is either me hearing my own blood pumping in my ears (due to the fact that my ears naturally attenuate to a higher level as a way to compensate for my hearing loss), or it is a low frequency tinnitis.

Human ears can also change their "gain". We are accustomed to a certain level of noise. Our auditory system adapts by turning up and down the volume to allow us to hear reasonably well in all situations. When you are asleep in bed at night with nothing else happening, or out in the wild camping, your hearing volume will turn up in order to allow allow you to hear as much as possible. During the daytime hours when there are things stomping around and tv's running, etc., the volume is turned down to make things comfortable.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
To everyone, sorry I was very irritated last night and this morning primarily because of the hum and also hormones...Menopause is cruel.
And not sleeping well doesn't help.

Here's the link to my previous posts about my experience with the hum:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Remember I'm "notknowing"... Hope you will find the answers to your questions.
I'm just tired. I wish everyone will one day hear this hum, so you know how this feels. Only then you will understand. But then again, maybe not...

Someone asked if "hearer" is a word. I have seen this word before, and I like it. Stop worrying about the little things...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

This hum feels like a wave of energy to me. So a better descriptive term is "stronger" rather than louder. It vibrates inside my head, brain...Pulsating.
I noticed that when I'm busy not focusing on the sound it doesn't bother me as much. Except last night, it was much too strong to ignore.
I'm only going to report when it gets a lot stronger like it did last night.
I am going to try not to focus on this sound so much. Sometimes I think, as some others do, that it is a form of mind control. But then you have to ask, WHY? It doesn't make sense.

By the way, if this sound is man-made (HAARP?), and some of you people are writing to this post to control your little lab rat, you really need to stop.
The time will come when you will have to answer for all your actions here on earth, whether you believe it or not.

HOW MUCH LONGER WILL THIS GO ON????

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

Thank you for your prayers. I hope God will have mercy and help us.

About the plane that went over your house, assuming you are in Orlando (Magic City), I wonder if it was the same plane that flew over my house at 4:25am? Is that about a 2 hour plane ride from West Palm to Orlando?

I wish everyone would be more alert and attentive to what is going on around them. It seems everyone is so busy with their little gadgets now a days, they don't notice things. I've always been very curious about Nature and have always had very good hearing and I am very sentive to smells. My 11 year old daughter can also hear it but she is very good at tuning it out. Thank God. I don't want that sound to ruin her life or happiness...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TwoPhish

That's weird... I have noticed those commercials too...Persistent. It's like they are talking to me. I wouldn't waste my money on that stuff. Just like vaccines, I would not trust it.

Some will call me paranoid. Oh well...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

My 11 year old daughter hears it, but it doesn't bother her as much. My husband can't hear it. But I notice his hearing is going... He's almost 51.
If you read my past posts on the link I provided to make it easy, you will find more...

The only reason why I'm here on ATS is because of the NEED TO KNOW what is going on and why. NOT KNOWING is very stressful.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

hearing volume will turn up in order to allow allow you to hear as much as possible. I agree with your statement... But, this sound has also become louder in the middle of the day, mostly in the mornings around 9am.

And since I don't hear it everywhere, I think it is just some locations are being affected more than others. My house is located in just the right place for this stupid hum. It seems to magnify it somehow. Maybe it is a combination of factors working together that allows this hum to be heard in certain locations and not others. And just like people are affected by smells differently, sounds can affect people differently also. I still don't know if this is just a sound. I don't thnk so. I'm sure someone knows...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

I live in South Florida... No turbines, windmills or outdoor furnace here...

The strongest I heard it was in Puerto Rico in a town called Ceiba. Near where there used to be a Navy Base...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Wow... Do you tell everyone who hears the hum they need to see a doctor?

I had a full check up and to my surprise everything was fine. Even my blood pressure...
I even mentioned it to the Doctor, who of course, had no clue what the hum is...

No, I haven't had my ears thoroughly checked. I think it would be a waste of time and money.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know..the piper's calling you to join him...

Just kidding, OK?

With today's invisible wars, the last thing you should focus on is that there's 'something wrong' with you. If ever you should slip up here, and confess a fear to a friend, there's a good chance that a decade of piss poor music will be christened in your name, at your expense, and the government will find it especially tempting to begin experimenting on you.

But there is a chance that you have a medical problem, although heading to the target practice profession (doctors) is liable to leave you with a tatoo that cannot be removed.

Again-is it something that can be detected by others near you? Have you tried using noise meters or some technology that is sensitive enough to meter what you hear? What about when you are in a basement, or cave? Any change there?

At the beginning of the mkultra assaults (early 80's here), I have seen people hearing 'clicks' and they were interpreted to be satan trying to disrupt bible studies. The person I mention was asking for it, basically, because this person always wanted 'a little voice in the head' to be proof of 'the holy spirt' telling what to do. Meanwhile, I wondered how the birds and bees were even able to fly anymore, so severe were the pitched frequencies that came and went. Eventually, I came across the history of mkultra, and these 'clicks' were the incipient results that the 'scientists' were able to cause in victims whilst attempting to cause people to hear 'voices'. Eventually this was perfected, and perfected even more, such that they can make you hear whatever they want to hear, and even blend dreams together with your real life experiences. I have firsthand experience of this, and have learned to turned fear in to wrath against the machine. My experience caused me to draft a couple poems, the source of which I have never been able to attribute to myself. Looking back, I realize that I have been helped by God. I hope you can find some peace as well. My experience is that punishment comes fast, if you find out too much, with twisted dreams and rude awakenings culled right from your own experiences. Simpletons say it's the devil, but it's just a bunch of godless rodeo clowns playing with fire, because they doubt God even exists. Our taxes pay for this. Even Satan has better taste than these minions...

edit: OK I see you had your ears checked. This reminds me...years ago I was given a cursory physical before accepting a factory job. Do you know that the lady administering the hearing test said that they really spend a lot of money on this test? For some reason this data is useful to the database that 'satan' keeps on us. Sorry about the 'satan' thing but even this second I am being yelled at by a disciple that it's 'satan' doing all this. Poor satan. To be branded as having such poor taste....

[edit on 18-2-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by notknowing
reply to post by truthquest

Wow... Do you tell everyone who hears the hum they need to see a doctor?

I had a full check up and to my surprise everything was fine. Even my blood pressure...
I even mentioned it to the Doctor, who of course, had no clue what the hum is...

No, I haven't had my ears thoroughly checked. I think it would be a waste of time and money.

Yes, I've told everyone who has heard the hum I know of (that would be one person, you) that they should see a doctor. I can't assume everyone has common sense as you clearly do because you did tell the doctor about it. I'm bothered your doctor didn't research the matter to find out possible medical causes. Rare things like that require research.

I supposed you did not ask your doctor about it because you did not state that you asked a doctor about it.

If I started seeing things for example I wouldn't assume I've developed psychic powers and would be open-minded enough to see a doctor about it. Come on, what do you expect me to say? You hear a hum, therefore it couldn't be a problem with your ears? Its the obvious most likely scenario... though if your daughter is also hearing it it becomes a lot less likely.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
before the holidays, a friend and I were shopping at walmart when finally he freaked out about the humming noise coming from the intercoms. I didn't hear a thing.

He insisted their was a low pitch buhhhhhhhhhhhhh sound that the christmas music was not hiding so well.

so i figured it was just there to keep people relaxed, asleep, in a trance and keep shopping

is the hum anything like the hum of an amp?

there are also people who gather and go ommmmmmmmmm at certain dates and times of the day. their numbers are increasing and maybe that's what your're hearing. them gathering at their meetings.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by notknowing

I'm sorry, i can fully understand how you feel. Been there, done that.
So someone else in your house DOES hear it but on a lower level. I think that indicates this is an outside source and not a condition with your ears.
YOU are just very sensitive to it.

I also have heard a sudden humming, i remember my dad telling me years ago that it was the electrical poles outside.

Now years later, i have had a couple of experiences, and nobody else seems to react to them, but i do. Maybe some of us can hear the pitch and some cant.

I dont know what it could be but i do know i have heard them off and on all my life.

There is so much going on these days, i would NOT doubt your sanity or your ears, its not you.
Get a set of earplugs and try to have a good nights sleep.

Good luck.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join