It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the hum getting louder/ stronger? date:2/17/2010

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Well... You should have read enough of the posts to realize that this "sound" is both inside and outside and not just here at my house. It is louder or stronger inside because the walls magnify it.

I have been thinking that those of us who sense this sound or energy probably have more magnetite in our brains...
I didn't come up with this on my own. I'm reading a book called "Electromagnetic Fields" by B. Blake Levitt.
It is loaded with information. Maybe too detailed for someone who just wants the basics.

Here are some statements from the book:
Magnetic fields can penetrate just about anything that does not have a high iron content, including buildings and the human anatomy.

The human anatomy is a pretty efficient conductor, which means that the body can serve as an antenna in the presence of a strong electromagnetic field.

The human body has a magnetic permeability almost identical to that of air, and therefore magnetic fields are deeply absorbed in their entirety.

Externally created magnetic field has the ability to affect the body's natural electrical balance.

Magnetic fields can also exert a force on the blood's ions or electrolytes.

Micropulsations in the 10-hertz range emanate constantly from the planet's core.

Science is increasingly coming to understand that all of life, including those most basic daily rhythms of waking and sleeping, are affected by our interactions with this intricate natural magnetic environment.

...it influences everything from the migration patterns of birds down to the very cell division (mitosis) that takes place in the human body.

Some studies have also correlated magnetic storms with an increase in admissions to psychiatric hospitals.

More ominous, however, is the fact that the artificial radiation in the ELF and VLF ranges may be capable of entering the magnetosphere and changing its structure.

Some studies have found a statistically significant increase in cancer in people who live above large active underground aquifers, for instance.

The natural mineral magnetitie, which is found in living tissue, seems to play an important role in explaining many elecromagnetic mechanisms.

In humans, chains of magnetite crystals have been discovered in brain tissue. The ethmoid bone above the eyes and sinuses has a high concentration, and so does the blood-brain barrier.

Ok, that's all I'm going to give you for now from the book. Everyone should get their own copy. I got mine through Amazon, very fast. The problem YOU are having should be explained scientifically, and not automatically think it is paranormal in nature. The same applies to the HUM.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I hear and feel it as a very low frequency rumble. Usually, it is managable, but on occasion it physically hurts. Yesterday was like that. About 6PM CST I was in my kitchen and nearly doubled over in pain as it felt like a pressure wave slammed into me from all directions at once and the rumble was louder than ever. It died down after about 10 minutes. This morning, the hum was al but gone for a few hours, but around 10:30CST it came back with a vengence. This again feels like a pressure wave from all directions and is making me physically ill.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
I hear and feel it as a very low frequency rumble. Usually, it is managable, but on occasion it physically hurts. Yesterday was like that. About 6PM CST I was in my kitchen and nearly doubled over in pain as it felt like a pressure wave slammed into me from all directions at once and the rumble was louder than ever. It died down after about 10 minutes. This morning, the hum was al but gone for a few hours, but around 10:30CST it came back with a vengence. This again feels like a pressure wave from all directions and is making me physically ill.

Rog,

The hum and a headache I am having have increased morning as well, in fact I took a couple of migraine strength Excedrin to take the edge off. I hate taking them too, but they are the only things that work.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Last night around 10:45 pm (EST daylight savings time), I felt the HUM get stronger while I was outside. I wanted to post this right away, in case it meant something and others felt the same, but my computer had an unexpected shutdown and I could not get my connection back. Why does it get stronger at times? Anyone else felt it at your corresponding time in your area? I wonder if the HUM was heard louder or stronger in Japan right before that horrible earthquake. Who's next? If I lived anywhere a fault, which I don't, I would make sure to be prepared and to know what to do in case of an earthquake. I'll take a hurricane before an earthquake anytime.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This is a long thread, been reading 2 hours now...
If I was hearing that, and it was driving me crazy, I would try 2 more things afther all other possibilities in this thread were explored.
1 - See if it was electromagnetic and find a Faraday cage I could sit in. If it stops, It's electromagnetic. A faraday cage is a box made of a conducting maze.
en.wikipedia.org...
The scan room of an MRI is designed as a Faraday cage, If some of you got an MRI at some point, the Hum should be much less inside the scan room if its origin is EM

2- find or build a acoustic "free" room to see if it's, well, acoustic. I once helped someone build one out of empty egg cartons...Before you think i'm crazy: I was 14, played guitar and we wanted a cheap recording room.
Maybe visit a small recording studio and ask if you can see the recording room?

I've seen that some people complain about this thread not being paranormal: Well it is, unless hearing that sound all the time is considered normal....
par·a·nor·mal (p r -nôr m l). adj. Beyond the range of normal experience or scientific explanation.
Hope u find this post usefull, if not, at least you know i care.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Morrel

Thank you for caring... And taking the time to make some suggestions. When I first started sensing this HUM and could not sleep and was greatly affected to the point where I could not function very well, I tried using noise cancelling headphones to fall asleep. If anything, the HUM seemed more pronounced with those headphones. To me that indicated that it was not a sound. That's about the time when I also started using a floor fan and it helped a lot. . From the beginning it has felt like an energy of some sort. Electromagnetic? Who knows?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yes, those fans might create low frequency vibrations that cancel out some of the other waves, or break them, don't now exactly how it works.
Telsa claimed he could do strange stuff with resonance...(he might have exagerrated)
www.intuitor.com...
Mythbusters tried to replicate the effect. At the end of the video they were able to make a steel brige resonate with just a small power vibration device.
I found it (mythbuster video) on U-tube as well...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Morrel

Folks, up here in yankee country, CT, the HUM has cranked up multiple levels today. Weather inversion isn't helping. Low Frequency ground borne sound waves between16 to 50'ish HZ isn't going to be stopped by a farady cage. Insulation and closing in your house and your car make it worse since you block out the higher masking noises. Please provide your locations for a data plot where this occuring. There are many sites with what sems like thousands of people reproting this HUM.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by copsne

Something is definitely disturbing the natural frequency I'm used to. Causes sharp pain into my head this hum you call, yesterday and stronger today.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
At around 2:06 pm (EST) today I heard two distinct sonic booms. There's no doubt in my mind that is what I heard. The question is what was flying so fast over us to cause the sonic booms? And just a few minutes ago, I found an article about strange happenings in North Florida this morning: www.wflx.com...

I'm thinking the military is flying their jets for whatever unknown reasons, which we will probably never know. I wonder if this is going to be something we will hear more often with all the tension we have going on in Libya.

I went camping with my family at a state park called Jonathan Dickinson State Park, about 1 hour's drive from my home, and guess what? I heard the HUM there too...While there, I spoke with a nice lady park ranger who mentioned her elderly mother used to hear the HUM when she lived in Florida more than 10 years ago.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Just after midnight last night, as I was getting ready for bed, I could swear I could hear my air compressor. It's in a garage about 20-30meters from the house, so when it's running, from the house all you can hear is a background hum. That's exactly what I heard last night. I even walked outside to check no-one had helped themselves to it, but it definitely wasn't running and the sound didn't increase in strength as I went outside either, just stayed as the background hum.

I heard it for probably going on an hour, until I eventually fell asleep. It was gone when I woke up this morning. I do occasionally get a high pitched sound, like cicadas, but I've never heard this engine sound before.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JoDogz

What town in Queensland do you hear this and seems like something just began.

Notknowing- the center of the park you mention is 3 miles from the major N-S pipeline. For now it's just a data point, until spmehow we get throguh to the government investigation of this growing problem needs to be one. Assuming trailer camping, was the HUM inside or outside.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by copsne

I first noticed the HUM by the cabin where we stayed which is near the Kimbell Education Center. I'm sure that area is not the center of the park, as this park is very large: 11,000 acres according to one ranger. I noticed the sound also at the Trapper Nelson site which we reached by kayaking the beautiful Loxahatchee River. It took us at least a couple of hours to get there...That's where I spoke to the ranger lady about the HUM.

The HUM is much stronger at my house (we don't use gas/ we are all electric) and there's no pipeline that I know of near here... My house is near a large canal (M-1 canal), which are all over Florida, by the way. I think your theory about the gas lines might be flawed. Maybe it is the water near us that's the carrier of this sound... Just a thought. I wonder if the HUM is not heard in the desert areas of the world? Anyone know? Australia is pretty dry but I'm not familiar with Queensland. Is there a lot of water in the areas where the HUM is being heard?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The hum is getting so loud, it is literally feeling like I am shaking when I lay in my bed. I tried to sleep for like 2 hours and gave up. I think I am going to need to get really drunk to sleep tonight. It seems to oscilate? I think that is the right word, get a bit louder, and a bit softer, a bit louder, a bit softer, over and over. When it is louder the feeling of shaking worsens.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by notknowing

Well i know how it feels... my ears are ringing 24:7 for years now, but i think i am the problem, might be to much loud music when younger.... or some kind of infection or disease. the sound that i hear is not in sync it differs from one ear to the other, two diffrent sound. very high pitch.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Where are you hearing this Town and State are fine

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by copsne

I live in the maritimes (lower east coast of canada). I also used to hear the hum back when I lived in NY and CT.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

www.npms.phmsa.dot.gov...

Take a peek at this service from the Gov't showing where major gaslines are. Keep in mind low frequency sound under the right geology can travels hundreds of miles through the ground. And surely these lines operating at 600 to 1000 psi aren't the ones in your home.

Select your state, then county. Another bit of data for you. I have a map of all the idnetifiable HUM locations in teh US and guess what- 99% within reasonable proximity of the lines. Have some suspicions why also it is becoming more of a problem. And that is changes to push more energy through old lines.

Anyway, take a look and let me know if you want any info.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by copsne

I looked at the gas line map for Palm Beach County in Florida. The map is not detailed enough for me, as far as streets. I would say I'm not near those lines... It would be interesting to know when these lines went into operation. My husband thinks they haven't been there that long. It would be interesting to find out if when I started hearing the HUM on September 23,2008 coincides with anything to do with those gas lines. The only thing I know coincided was the pump at the water pumping facility near me failing just before I started hearing the HUM.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Okay. That helped give me a better idea of what you mean. Thank you for that.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join