It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the hum getting louder/ stronger? date:2/17/2010

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by notknowing

Is it a loud high pitch humming like silence sometimes makes? I realize that this may sound like a stupid question, but I promise it is a sincere one. I ask because when I wake up in the middle of the night, that the silence seems to have become louder to me over the last few months. This could just be my imagination.

As far as the loud rocket-like noise, I don't know what that could have been.
In any case, sorry to hear about your problem.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Nothing to be secretive of- located in Brookfield CT. The more of this sites you sign on, you forget that most don't know the background of your cause. Here it is. We believe (and have proofed with consultatnt reports and testing on our own) that the start of our HUM in Sept 2009 was caused by the changes to the major gas line systems (higher pressures, flow rates, direction of flow, gas type,who knows what else) that FERC allowed to supply more natural gas into the NE. Why did we focus on this, it is becasue thy put two large compressors in our town in our backyards and coincidently the problems started. Systems that were behaved, starting misbehaving. I would expect that systems that were misbhaving already- got worse Hearing threasholds for many more were achieved, so here we are, but actually are factual and recently got dismissed by FERC and other agencies because LF is not "regulated". Now pressing our representatives for an investigation. Stay tuned...

SteveK.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MadameAquarienne

I believe the high pitch sound you hear when it is very quiet is called Tinnitus... The HUM to me has been always a low but penetrating sound. Lately it just sounds like an engine somewhere far away. Picture or imagine a C-130 (big military cargo plane) way in the distance approaching. That's kind of the sound I hear. Sometimes it gets stronger (the vibrations are stronger). Once you hear it, or know what it is we call the HUM, you cannot mistake it for anything else. It is not high pitch and you feel it in your brain more than hear it with your ears. It's totally different from any normal sound. Hope this helps you and others who wonder about this.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by copsne

Have you tried contacting the EPA? Not that it will help... They will not reveal anything that will cause chaos. That's the last thing we need.

Funny that your HUM started a year after mine... When exactly did your start? Do you know?
I wonder what companies are in your area that might have something to do with this? I have AUTEC...What do you have?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
THe high pitch ringing in my ears has stepped up a notch,.
been there for years,. but it has gotten louder,.
Id go insane from the noise but I am just too busy to think about it

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Really loud last night-have been using a white noise on full fan--it came through that-woke me up and I lucid dreamed after for 3 hours (another curse?) an open window helps--can't wait until spring to do that--also--found out that my one wall that faces west acts as an amplifier--when I put my ear to it last night I could hear the hum very clearly... this wall faces the outside-
this sucks!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

First noticed when we started closing windows in Sept 2009. Here's the point; FERC allowed many operators to increase Max Allowable Operating Pressures (MAOP) 2008, to enable them to feed more gas to new england (this causes all sorts of issues in pipeline flows). The gas companies screwed around with direction of flows, pressures, supplies from marchaellus shale gas and added tens of thousands of horsepower, etc. voila!

Now sensitized, can't shed it off. USEPA (Boston) cops out not under their guise not their problem, same as FERC and the DOT. Waiting for a few more days to hear from congress man about investigating. Gets dismissed one more time after FERC (between them and USDOT they control gas transmission) strung us along, it'll be time to raise the bar.

You may ask why we are so tuned into this. FERC allowed two extremely large compressors into our neighborhood in CT which we now accept (it has it's own problems, but not he HUM). But monitoring the operations, and the coincidental appearance of major HUM, led us to think- gas systems, seems like soemthing never really pursued.

I wonder what's it's doing to the horses over at Palm Meadows, since you are getting pounded and animals seem just as freaked???

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by notknowing
reply to post by silentnow

No. Meditating and hypnosis are out. They are both invitations for trouble...

I came by to see how everyone is doing and saw this

I am curious, to those who are really struggling with such things, how many hold the same line of thinking towards things like meditation? How many actually meditate? Things like contemplative prayer are, for all intents and purposes, the same exact thing, so things like that count in this question!

i have already tried to show how one could explore what is the source of this hum, but im not so sure anyone is interested... Its fine though, i wish you all the best. I still say finding out what frequency it is at would be prudent. Once that is done, wave cancellation starts to become a stronger possibility. Along with the plethora of other ideas i have posted, the schumann resonance is another outlet for exploration.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by copsne

So, when you closed the windows in your building or home you started noticing the HUM... This proves opening windows is one way to reduce the level of the HUM.

Have you written to your local paper about this to find out if others have noticed this problem and to find out other theories as to the cause? Why not call the "Palm Meadow" people and ask if they have noticed any behavioral changes with their animals? My local paper has a blog called the Backyard Chatter to which I posted pretty much right away after I started hearing the HUM. They pick some of the letters and print them in the paper, so the old fashioned people like myself who still read the paper can find out what is going on. Anyway, months after my first letter someone actually wrote that they had been hearing the HUM since 2001(if I remember correctly) right near where I live. Of course, get ready for the ridicule. So many can't hear it, so they automatically assume it's not real. That we must be mental. Maybe we are just more in tune with our planet.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Getting close to putting it out there in front of the world soon depending on response from local representative to congress.. Actually trying to contact a guy from Calagary that moved horses because of HUM.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Has anyone who hears the HUM actually used an EMF meter to analyze the HUM? If so, what brand do you recommend? Which ones to stay away from? There are so many to choose from, some cheap and some very expensive. I can't afford expensive...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silentnow

Hi there, Can you remember what your lucid dream(s) were about.
And what is it like when you wake from them. just curious.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
HEADS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUM SUFFERERS! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LIKE THIS INFORMATION.

OK so I have been suffering really bad lately with the hum and decided to do some more research.
I have come across the most damming report to date.I am currently away from my dreaded flat and
staying with family about 10 miles away from the town out in the country.

I still hear the HUM.
Please read the following link. it is not what I wanted to hear but what is presented does make sense.
you will all find that when you read the articles it will feel like you have written them yourselves.

There is no cure or magic switch unless you class shutting off the national grid! its a biological thing.
please read and comment but I feel this is as far as I can go with the subject though I do have the
local council returning to see me at my flat to hear what I have recorded and to give me the DATA
that I recorded with there stuff.I still plan on moving flat and I plan on getting some sleeping tablets.

Well here it is. ALL the info BUT its not what you want to hear IMO.

homepages.tesco.net...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

I'm very familiar with that site and the information it provides... That was one of the first sites I looked into back in September of 2008. I don't buy that explanation... Sorry.
It doesn't explain everything connected with the HUM in my opinion.

By the way, have you tried using an EMF reader in your place and if so which kind did you use?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
For those of you not on a budget, here's something I found...

www.lessemf.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Reply to post by notknowing

yes...i have being hearing the HUM too. For the last couple of months. I hear it in the morning when i wake up. It is hard to describe. It sounds like a car engine running very far away. It's a consistent sound...what is it?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Well I found a lot of information in the article linked made sense.
BUT alot also did not add up to what i am hearing. like there are days when i can hear
a pin drop,this only makes me on edge waiting for it to start humming so its a no win.

What i did get from the article was the facts like all the symptoms that go hand in hand
with the hum like fatigue, insomnia, headache, ear ache etc. i suffer a lot with this. i cannot get up!

the effects are just like M.E and they could be one and the same illness?
also the bit about how the government KNOW DAM WELL what the hum is but choose to ignore it.
this wreaks of a conspiracy to cover up the hum.

NO i have not tried a frequency counter. but i have re-created the hum and i get 56 Megahertz.
using tone gen software. my flat seems to just be worse than most. what else can i do?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

We all have theories but no one seems to know for sure. It's probably not just one thing but a combination of a natural process being manipulated by who knows who?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Here's a link to a long but very interesting article which might help some: nourishedmagazine.com.au... This might explain the tiredness, headaches, etc.
I need to find a dowser.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I'm not going to read all the other threads but I imagine you've tried all the typical things and since you said it's "inside" I have a suggestion.

I have synesthesia of various types, which means letters appear (in my mind's eye) to have a color associated with them; I have other types of synesthesia such as sensing color auras around people depending on their mood.

If this humm is inside I'm wondering if you can pinpint it, label it, really get a feel for how it reacts in your "mind's ear" as it were.

I spent many years meditating and recognized that I can affect that which I see in my mind's eye. I imagine that if this humm you're sensing could be recognized by feel, there's a chance you can control it, or even eliminate it. I'd start off by be-friending this humm and really sit down and try to "hear" it more! The more you know it the more likely you will be able to control it. If you can label it and lose your frustration from it for a bit, you'll be more likely to figure out WHY or what it is.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join