It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the hum getting louder/ stronger? date:2/17/2010

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by notknowing

Hi: Just joined the forum because of "the hum"... I have been hearing it for a few weeks now and thinking I was going insane--been googling stuff like "hearing truck noises in the middle of the night" to no avail finally googling humming noise at night and found out that what I have been experiencing is real and being felt by many folks and that I've not cracked up. Some explanations are that some folks have developed an awareness of microwaves or some sort of vibration of the interaction of the power grids and the ionosphere...there has been some research on this phenomena and some good web sites on it by some physicists, etc.

To answer your question last night it was extremely powerful and even for the past three days it has also been alternating in pulsations...to those "non-hearers" I can describe it as hearing a bulldozer way in the distance moving back and forth or even idling at times... there is a pretty good yahoo group about it too..and I plan to create a google group shortly...

question for "Not knowing" have you ever been a meditator?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

This is a good description of the hum: from homepages.tesco.net...

The Hum-----A Description

The Hum has a very distinctive sound that is instantly recognised by Hum sufferers around the world. It is often described as the sound of a diesel engine idling some distance away, or the drone of a distant propeller driven aircraft which never comes nearer or goes away.
The intensity of the Hum can vary greatly but it is usually at its most intense during the early hours, around 3-4am local time and at weekends.
The Hum is invariably much greater indoors than outside, also greater upstairs, in small rooms, passageways and stairwells.
The Hum can also be "heard" in a stationary car with the engine switched off.
The use of sound proofing, ear-plugs or ear protectors are ineffective, in fact, by eliminating extraneous noise, these only serve to intensify the perceived Hum level.
The Hum is very selective, approximately 5% of the population "hear" the noise, almost all are aged 50 or over, and 70% of these are women.

The physical effects which accompany the Hum vary both in type and intensity and depend a great deal on the individual.
The most common effects reported are:

* Insomnia * Difficulty concentrating * Headache * Burning Skin
* Nausea * Fatigue * Tension * Pins and Needles
* Muscle Spasms * Heart Palpitations * Eye Strain * Ear Pressure

If you find that in the household you are the only one that can "hear" the noise and it always decreases when you go outdoors, than it is a pretty safe bet that you are affected by the Hum.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

That made me think of another theory to add to the ever growing pile. Someone or something is using the cell towers to transmit a signal which some of us are detecting... By the way, cell towers are every where in South Florida. Too many. I live very close to a brand new one that went up in the last few months. We can't blame that cell tower for my HUM which started September 23,2008 around 11:30pm. The question is: what the heck happened that night that caused a pumping station pumps to fail and me to start hearing a "weird sound" along with feeling nausea (which lasted 3 to 4 days). Many know.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by silentnow

No. Meditating and hypnosis are out. They are both invitations for trouble...
Where are you? Florida by any chance? Did you get nausea when you first noticed the HUM?
I'm not really suffering anymore. I can live with the HUM they way it is right now. I just want to know why it is happening and why only some can sense it?

Why did you ask about meditating? Do you have another theory to add to the pile?
I did go through biofeedback for headaches some years ago. Migraines...Since I was 9. Not many anymore.
My biggest worry is Alzheimer's...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

First time I read that was about 3 days after I started hearing the HUM.
Remember I am a HUM hearer since September 23, 2008. Read all my posts about the HUM if you want to know more. I have contacted many agencies, read many blogs, contacted anybody who I thought might know something. Still not getting anywhere. This is just entertainment because it is definitely not answering my question: Why?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Tell me a little more about the pumping station, perhaps we need to investigate what may have caused it to fail. Was it in the newspaper? I want to read about it. Could it possibly have been a coincidence or something more sinister? I need more information if you go down to the links on the page I mentioned in my last post I read through those and WoW crazy applications for the use of the microwave hearing effect. Very scary stuff.. here is the link I know it's a lot to consider but interesting no less: en.wikipedia.org...
* Flanagan GP. Patent #3393279 “Nervous System Excitation Device” USPTO granted 7/16/68.
* Puharich HK and Lawrence JL. Patent #3629521 “Hearing systems” USPTO granted 12/21/71.
* Malech RG. Patent #3951134 “Apparatus and method for remotely monitoring and altering brain waves” USPTO granted 4/20/76.
* Stocklin PL. Patent #4858612 “Hearing device” USPTO granted 8/22/89.
* Brunkan WB. Patent #4877027 “Hearing system” USPTO granted 10/31/89.
* Thijs VMJ. Application #WO1992NL0000216 “Hearing Aid Based on Microwaves” World Intellectual Property Organization Filed 1992-11-26, Published 1993-06-10.
* Mardirossian A. Patent #6011991 “Communication system and method including brain wave analysis and/or use of brain activity” USPTO granted 1/4/00.
* O'Loughlin, James P. and Loree, Diana L. Patent #6470214 "Method and device for implementing the radio frequency hearing effect" USPTO granted 22-OCT-2002.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I am sure you have googled all the sites about it--

my own humble take is this: there is definitely some kind of power source for it-be it the Grid, Microwaves, High Pressure natural gas lines (I live in Bucks County PA and the gas lines run a 1/2 mile from my house), LF military communications, etc. I think we (experiences or hearers) are cursed with low frequency hearing firstly and then I believe we fixate on it and it becomes somewhat central in our experience like anything else it become somewhat of a psychological obsession...my suggestion to limit its effects and listen ability based on my own experience is below and ultimately try to pay attention to other things in life:

I started to hear it recently and always at the end of a 4-5 hour sleep cycle, usually between 3 and 4 AM it has come at a pretty stressful time in my life. It has caused heart palpitations and some headaches, it has fixated my attention to the exclusion of much else. I hear it in my bedroom which is a small room and is bordering the outside on two sides, my bed is not on a bed frame and was pushed up against a wall. The house is brick with a sloping roof and my room faces west. I can put my ear to the wall and hear it any moment of the day. I have now put my bed in the center and try to leave a window open to be able to hear outside noise, am also using a white noise sleep machine which is helping. I have turned my attention to a healthier diet and exercise. All this seems to be helping. For three weeks I only got 3-4 hours sleep now am getting more sleep. I have created a google blog on it if you wish to join and discuss more. I asked about meditation because I did a lot of Zen in life which greatly improves perceptions and awareness.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I'm feeling very worn out lately... But, I'll take time to answer your question about the pumping station. It belongs to the Palm Beach County Water Utilities Department. I think it went into operation shortly before I started hearing the HUM but I'm not sure. I really can't remember anymore. I'm sure if you called them they can give you that information. It is located south of 40th street where it intersects 121st St. just south of the area where I live which is called The Acreage which is in the Royal Palm Beach area zip code 33411. Go on google earth. It is built on a piece of land that used to be part of a Waste Water Treatment Plant that is no longer there.

This pumping station provides county water to some of the homes in my area. Most homes in the Acreage don't have access to this water because only the homes that are located right on 40th Street have access to it. The rest of the Acreage is on well water.
When I started investigating the HUM I called the PBCWUD (see above) to find out if they had experienced any problems with their pumps and I'm pretty sure a man I talked to said that a pump had failed. No this wasn't in the paper. Why would it be?

I have been thinking about the day 2/17/2010 when the HUM became painfully loud or strong for me. That very loud jet I heard go over my house at 4:30 in the morning (which scared me a lot) was an intentional event to "charge up" ( my terminology) the HUM. Some days the HUM is very resonant to the point that when a loud noise is made (as in singing a note or banging on something) the HUM will resonate back as if magnified and echoes. Almost like throwing a pebble in a body of water and seeing the ripple effects after the pebble hits the water. That jet flying over had the same effect on the HUM and I think that's why eventually it stopped later on that day. The "ripples" stopped, finally. The question is Who is doing this and why? Why? Why? Why?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I've been researching what this hum could be and I'm curious and have a question..do you have copper pipes in your house? copper is a conductor of VLF waves which I'm thinking are the problem but not a scientist just speculating but from what I have read based on the research of others I think possibly the cell towers are sending out the waves. Is it possible that copper pipes in your home are in the mix here so to speak?
When you mentioned the pumping station it got me thinking of miles of pipe, and where there's pipes their is copper.
This web site was like trying to read Russian to me but over all I think it tells me what I needed to know and that was if copper would conduct VLF waves, it does I wanted to copy and paste some of the info. but it's copy written work so here is the link to that:
it describes how to amplify vlf waves
www.vlf.it...
This guy has an email address on his site I was thinking of inviting him here to the forum to discuss this problem and possible solution.
Marco Bruno, IK1ODO. E-mail: [email protected] .
I have one other question, I'm wondering if you have tried using an EMF/gaussmeter it will detect EMF Low Frequency and High Frequency waves in your home. Perhaps you have some wires that are old or frayed and they are giving off some type of energy or making noise only audible to some people..just a thought, but you can get one for under 60$ maybe it might be something to consider. Just some thoughts I had..wishing you Love and Light

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I quickly looked at the link you posted. I have not idea what all that means... I'm not a scientist...
Just a person with curiosity. No, I don't have a EMF gaussmeter. I had thought about getting one at one time in the beginning of my experience with the HUM. Maybe I need to look into getting one. If I do, I'll post whatever results I get. I don't know about copper pipes...I'll have to ask my better half. I bet he knows.

I forgot to mention that the new cell tower in my area is very large (with massive wires) and was built right next to the water pumping station near me. I think I was told it is owned by AT&T.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Over all after following this post and looking around the internet for answers, My thought is that your house itself might be the at the center of this, If we consider the cell towers and the over all energy of the area itself must be the problem. I guess in other-words atmospheric pollution combined with natural elements in your location?

Perhaps that might be a good jumping off point for you, investigate the house and see what components are present. Maybe check the strength of EMF/VLF waves with the meter check out the pipes and see if their might be an abundance of copper? Copper conducts electricity I don't know just a few more ideas. Keep me posted if I think of anything else I'll share it here. Cheers

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

About the copper pipes... We don't have copper pipes but all our electrical wires have copper and of course those are all over. This is not unique to my house.

It's not just my house! I have sensed the HUM in various places in this area and I had mentioned before the strongest ever, ever was in Puerto Rico in a town called CEIBA near where the navy base used to be on the east coast...My guess the origin of this HUM is near there. No one is going to change my mind about that. There's no question in my mind after what I felt while I was there.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

welcome to to our own personnel hell silentnow.
I have no answers for you but at least you know you are not alone.
even posting on the subject gets my stress levels up.

I find if you open a window in the room you are in like the bedroom if you are
trying to sleep this does help a little.
so you get woke up at 3-4 eh? me too and your description fits perfect for THE HUM.
sorry but welcome to the club.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Couple of questions:

Do any of your neighbors/family members hear it?

Have you been fully checked out by a Doctor?

Are you currently on any medication?

Any drilling sites close to home?

you also forgot to ask if the OP is menstruating.

the things you learn watching ghostbusters

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I am in the panhandle of texas
and I hear the hum, sometimes when i sleep at night it gets so loud that when i eventually fall asleep my dreams are so intense i often wake up throwing up, accompanied with intense fear.
idk what it is, but it does seem louder here as well.
i do live near a pretty active airport.
we do have Bell helicopter and i believe they test aircraft here, its all secretive.
also we have Pantex, and there is a lot of mystery as to what they actually do there.
some speculate that they test weapons there as well.
If people are causing it, they are doing it here too, messing with frequencies is not cool.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoAstra

Here's the wikipedia link for Pantex (sounds like a sanitary napkin...). en.wikipedia.org...

In my area, actually by the Palm Beach Airport we have AUTEC. Here's its wiki link: link:en.wikipedia.org...
Check the Electronic Warfare Threat Simulator section.... Are they involved? Would not surprise me in the least.

NeoAstra, have you noticed a lot more helicopters flying over your house? Did you get nausea for the first few days of hearing the HUM? Have you complained to any local agencies? Have you asked any of your neighbors if they also hear it? I'm sorry, too many questions...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by notknowing**** THE HUM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PIPES HALLWAYS ETC . THAT IS BASIC ACOUSTICS.... THE RESONATION OF THE TECTONIC PLATES AND THE AIRBORNE SOUND ARE THE SAME....SHUMANN RESONANCES ARE THE UNDERLYING FORCE BEHIND THE HUM. CAUSED BY YHE INTERNAL MAGNETIC GENERATOR OF THE EARTH AND THE EXTRA RADIATION THAT SEEMS TO BE PLAGUING US AT THIS TIME.. IT IS NOT LOCAL BUT IT IS LOCALIZED -- I HATE THE HUMMMMMM -- MY HEATER FAN ON FAN ONLY MASKS THE HUM IN MY LAB ----- GOOD DAY FELLOW HUMMERS

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

About the fifth site I am monitoring for mapping location data of HUM locations. See a couple of familiar posters. Our little group (for now) is in western CT and the HUM started here in Sept 2009. All the same symptoms hearing, vibrotactical sensations (tingly vibrations at points of surface touch)- in home, in car, worse at times, varies in pitch, etc. Pet dog freaked originally, on prozac for a few months, coyotes left the area , pool water vibrates and rolls at times, and so on. The more you live with it, the more you learn. Our investigation, and consultant data (not intended to ID source) from utitlites unequivocally shows our problems cause are changes over last 3 years to the natural gas transmission system in New England. This looks to be a revelation not seriously pursued ever, and needs further investigation to prove and provide remedies. Compiling data for proofing out the theory from all the sites is a chore, so it helps if you ID the town your hearing it in. Some data can be found in the posts, but considering many of these I've never seen before, only adds to the hundreds of locations out of thousands idnetified and plotted

Thanks SteveK

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by copsne

Some of the people who post here seem secretive about their location at first. I can't blame them for that. I haven't been secretive about much. Which might hurt me someday... I'm sure you know my location. But, in case you don't for some strange reason, I'm located in Florida in the West Palm Beach area in an area known as The Acreage. This area was featured in the Dr. Oz show because it had been declared a brain cancer cluster at one time.

About the gas transmission lines... Do you think these recent gas explosions in various places in the U.S. might be related to the HUM (to whatever is causing the HUM)? I think the last one happened in the North East and they haven't explained it yet. Seems strange to me.

In my local paper it was mentioned that a lot of dophins have died recently... Is this also related?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by silentnow
[
The Hum is very selective, approximately 5% of the population "hear" the noise, almost all are aged 50 or over, and 70% of these are women.

Don't bet on this statistic, just that most of the men that have this issue say nothing.

I don't believe in stats to much.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join