It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the hum getting louder/ stronger? date:2/17/2010

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by notknowing

i believe in australia i've also heard this "hum" but not constantly, its was more of a on, off, on, off kinda thing, when i look to see what could possibly cause this nieusence, i find no evidence of anything, very strange :O

great post though.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Maybe i do, maybe i dont know anything, maybe i am a piece of said puzzle

My guess is that im just some insane guy that rambles on web forums

I do know one thing though, it will all be ok
It really will. I know things are scary, especially when one does not know. But things like this might make us face our mortality, and perhaps face Life as well. No matter what does, or does not happen, each and everyone of us will pass away into dust, as it was destined from the beginning. For some, that will be in these very next moments, for others, it will be later on. But either way, one must makes choices they are "proud" of when they are looking back on their life. When you are on deaths door, inevitably, what choices do you want to look back on, friend?

When it comes down to it, humanity is faced with a decision: Love or fear. That doesnt mean nothing is done after that choice, but simply that one bases all of their actions on a conscious state. Such a thing has never been done, in the history of man... at least not on any sort of meaningful scale. Here is where i detail what this one will do.

Whether it is HAARP, or certain beings sending out vast, vast amounts of energy, or the orbits upon which all life is based slowly taking form, or the "rapture," or galactic momentum increasing, or any mix of the above, or none of the above... How do you choose to live each moment of your life?

But we make such choices now. Deciding to "do nothing" is just as valid of a choice, as the time frame marches on nonetheless. If you can make that choice, and carry the action through, you will have lived life to the fullest. When you look back on your beautiful experience, you will smile

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by notknowing----IF IT GETS MUCH WORSE THAN..... there might be better places to stay ... short term -- long term ??? I have tectonic graphs of the root frequency and the harmonics play in front of me on a low frequency spectrum analyzer every day----It could be the 2000 scare or most likely a shifting of forces acting on our planetary system ... Not necessarily catastrophic ... There will be much more to come ..... PS if everyone said where they are hearing the( beast) it would help greatly (THE EARTH IS ALWAYS IN CONSTANT STATE OF CHANGE) just be aware.... and have a good day

edit on 2-2-2011 by besttechears because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2011 by besttechears because: BAD SPELLING OF CORSE

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by besttechears-----OH AND ONE MORE NOTE,.... IT IS GETTING STRONGER---DOSN'T MEAN BAD-----CERTAINLY ANNOYING

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Haza32

-----OH YEA----VERY INTERESTING ONLY FROM A scientific POINT OF VIEW ...a bit odd from all others----live your life better every day..... its the best answer ------------- PS .....and if it get disturbing.... run fans and background noise, the mind likes to lock on to the more complex sounds -- like ACDC....joke

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by besttechears

You say it is stronger there, wherever you are... Not here. Too bad you are not saying where you are... It's about as weak as it's ever been here. So, I guess that means it is not the same strength everywhere in the world and that maybe it is directional.
We are the warmest place in the nation today, with hotter than normal temps. (81 degrees right now) and the rest of the USA is very cold. I wonder if the HUM has something to do with the weird weather, especially the snow lightning. That's freakish.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by notknowing-----It is stronger than it was in the summer months---I think there are definite areas of pressure that move --like high and low pressure systems in weather. The other day it was ten degrees here in somerset NJ and no vibration, that is the exception and not the rule,. Its also stronger at higher elevations within 50 miles of my house---it certainly effects the plates as measured with a steady 7--9 cps wave----curious little bugger ... it just stopped the other day for 36 hours then.........ITS ... back.....smacks of man made involvement .. WE'LL SEE ...I STILL DONT TRUST HARRPS AND THE 40 OTHER SYSTEMS LIKE IT WORLDWIDE. THE VARIATION WOULD SUPORT THAT MANY SYSTEMS TURNED ON AT DIFFERENT TIMES AND HETERODYNING TO CREAT A WEATHER LIKE PATTERN...... MORE TO COME.....WHERE ARE YOU? oh... i see fl . SHUMANN RESONANCE TAKES ALL ATMOSPHERIC ENERGY AND PRODUCES THE LOW FREQUENCY EFFECT WHICH IN TURN ROCKS THE PLATES ... THATS THE THEORY

edit on 4-2-2011 by besttechears because: spelling as .......

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

One must keep in mind "correlation does not equal causation."

And as far as snow lightning/thunder, that is not in relation, other than it normally appears under rather extreme circumstances, which are on the rise. snow lightning and snow thunder have occurred for a very long time as a natural phenomena.

What equipment are you using besttechears? This one would love to review your testing method

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I live in the UK (Scotland) and ive mentioned this before as well, I heard a sound almost exactly like this for roughly 6 years...

suddenly towards autumn last year it completely vanished.

Im not sure why I was hearing it, the cause of it and its baffled me as to why it is gone now just as it did when I could hear it.

Just thought id mention, as im experiencing the opposite of yourself as you are saying it is becoming stronger.

edit on 4-2-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Its still humming along at my house and just as strong as ever sure makes me wonder whats going on..But as always I'm drowning it out with the tv some days its unbearable..

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by

sinohptik
-----A local tech genius built me an accelerometer that works with my hewie- pack scope

and my spectrum analyzer program that i use for doing vibration testing before building studios and anechoic chambers---sound rooms---the accelerometer is home made and works very well ---down to .5 cps---its ugly and so beautiful----

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by
sugarcookie1
iiiii=

=====I use music and fans---iv found thoes small dayton metal heaters on the fan

only setting cancel our sensitivity to the beast------i hate the beast---also my foam temperpedic bed

absorbs the low freqs the best ---springs resonate---i dont like those ----- where are you located? == j

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O=====THAT NOISE IS CERTAINLY TECTONIC IN NATURE . WHATS CAUSING IT IS THE BIG QUESTION----I SEE MORE OF IT IN MOUNTAINS THAN IN THE FLAT LANDS , EXCEPT FLORIDA . BUT I'VE NOT HAD MUCH FEEDBACK ON LOCATIONS-----I KEEP LOOKING---WERE GOING TO DO A SHORT DOCUMENTARY ABOUT IT---GOOD DAY,, YOUR LUCKY---TELL ME IF IT COMES BACK--THANKS

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
cant post my recording!
i will try to figure it out but i may need help.
i will have a look through the tutorals.

my hum will blow you away when heard through ya hi fi i promise

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

So, I'm guessing you already tried posting your recording on YOUTUBE... That would be one way and then just post the link here for us to check out. I'm sure the technical geniuses can help you more than I can.

I'm curious to see if this is what I sense in my poor little brain. By the way it seemed to be getting stronger at times today, especially around 5pm (EST). I wonder why?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Thats cool
Good job actually getting equipment and using it for testing.

What do you use for calibration and control? What testing platform/methods are you using the explore the "Hum" phenomena?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Wow, I had to read your post twice... You wrote: "We are going to do a short documentary". To that I say: awesome!!! I would have used all caps but we are not supposed to... Where will this documentary be shown?
It's weird to me how this subject "the HUM" is never mentioned in the news. Not enough people complaining I guess. I wrote to my paper "The Palm Beach Post" probably wihin a week of when I started hearing it. Months later one other person wrote that she had been hearing for 10 years in the same area where I live. God knows how many others are out there keeping quite for fear of ridicule.

Someone needs to write a book about it also. Maybe someone is working on that right now.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I wonder if you live near the source of the HUM since it seems so strong for you...Are you in the U.S.? would be nice to know if you are near me in West Palm Beach, Florida...Or, are you closer to the equator?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I just realized you had posted you are in Minnesota... I forgot. Blame it on the early stages of Alzheimer's... Probably. Now, that's a major epidemic. Scary.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I have tried to upload via youtube but it just says file type not
supported and i even changed it to MP3 but still no joy!

the problem seems to be giving the file a URL as its just
recorded on this laptop and opens with qwuicktime or windows
media player.
I will get a PRO to do it for me soon as i have time.
as i sit here now 10 past 11 PM i can hear the HUMMING
and its about as loud as it gets its crazy!
I am SO sick of it!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join