It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the hum getting louder/ stronger? date:2/17/2010

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well it's 12:10 AM GMT in the UK and it is deadly silent. Bliss but the thought of
the silence being broken some time soon is at the back of my mind.
I have now noticed that when the HUM starts, not long after my ears start to ring.
This is not good as it is a sign of high blood pressure. I'm stressed out by it !

I plan on going to the Dr's this week to get some support & help putting a case together
so i can get a move out of this area as soon as possible. It's got so bad.

On a side note we used to get flooded out in this town due to the River and heavy rain
so they built huge flood defences.

Well today i had to travel out of town by train and just down the road at the side of the
river is a new pumping station with an extra diesel powered pump unit outside the building.
I would not have spotted it had i not been on the train as it is situated away from sight.

This is the 1st time I have really noticed this so I plan a trip up to it when I hear the Hum.
Maybe this could be the source of the noise for me? If i can record it & compare the noise
maybe i just may have something?

You have to remember low frequency noise can travel literally miles & miles and with the
noise being heard/felt only inside it has so far eluded me as to what & where it is.

If only other's could experience the torture of just how invasive this low pitched hum is
& heard it inside there own head they could relate and hear just how annoying it is.

Like i said in an early'r post there has already been at least one known suicide due to it!
That speaks volumes as to the seriousness of the matter.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by notknowing
reply to post by nikiano

This hum feels like a wave of energy to me. So a better descriptive term is "stronger" rather than louder. It vibrates inside my head, brain...Pulsating.
I noticed that when I'm busy not focusing on the sound it doesn't bother me as much. Except last night, it was much too strong to ignore.
I'm only going to report when it gets a lot stronger like it did last night.
I am going to try not to focus on this sound so much. Sometimes I think, as some others do, that it is a form of mind control. But then you have to ask, WHY? It doesn't make sense.

By the way, if this sound is man-made (HAARP?), and some of you people are writing to this post to control your little lab rat, you really need to stop.
The time will come when you will have to answer for all your actions here on earth, whether you believe it or not.

HOW MUCH LONGER WILL THIS GO ON????

We had a hum for the longest time too. Couple of years, maybe. We would only hear it at night, in the upstairs bedroom, when all was still. Pulsing softer then louder,softer, louder, sometimes it would seem to stop and then HUMMMMM, suddenly very loud again. Always a very low frequency (60 cycle, I always thought) with irregularly timed pulses of volume. Sometimes it was so annoying we would get downright irritated and start cussing it! Go outside, nothing. Downstairs, nothing. Unplugged everything, still hear the hum. Shut of the main breaker, still hear it. It was quite maddening!

It dawned on me a few weeks ago that I haven't heard it in a long time. *knocks wood* and it's been nice, let me tell ya!
edit on 19-1-2011 by tjack because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2011 by tjack because: a reason MUST be given!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Im happy to hear im not crazy! This sound gets annoying as all get out. There is no direction it just seems to be all around.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I posted a link at 2:47pm today (1/19/2011) that you all need to see... Please. Let me know what you think. Was that incident, which happened on the same day (2/17/2011) that the HUM was the loudest for me at my house, just a coincidence or is there something very sinister going on here?

Please, just check it. I didn't realize this had happened on the same day until months later...

www.wired.com...

I want to see what you all think...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by notknowing
I posted a link at 2:47pm today (1/19/2011) that you all need to see... Please. Let me know what you think. Was that incident, which happened on the same day (2/17/2011) that the HUM was the loudest for me at my house, just a coincidence or is there something very sinister going on here?

Please, just check it. I didn't realize this had happened on the same day until months later...

www.wired.com...

I want to see what you all think...

No not the same day or time. This diesel engine sound happens all the time almost everyday usually at night and sometimes during the day for me. And I know its not a plane because the sound seems to resonate from the house and nothing outside ive gone out to check and no sound outside only inside.. Plus I live in Minnesota.
edit on 19-1-2011 by JohnieG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Possible it is simply something "singing" in the.. cosmos/earth/universe. There are many "things" at many different frequencies, audible or not. It is interesting what different individuals can, and can not, hear in the exact same audio. At its most basic, some will never hear "distortion" in a speaker, others simply can not tolerate it. Some can not tell what a "soundstage" is actively, or by definition (and sometimes not even conceptually).

Perhaps some things are simply starting their song

...either that, or HAARP
though, i suppose the latter would support the former..

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I don't have any links at the moment but back in 2004-2005 when I was having the worst of it with the hum, I remember reading that wind turbines could generate low freq sounds that could literally drive some people nuts. Anybody live near those things? I cringe a little every time I hear people pushing to have wind farms built because they never bring this potential source of pollution ...noise pollution...up because it's not popular to criticize alternate clean energy sources.

I'm still hearing the hum that returned lately but I know with the loss of foliage due to winter I may just be hearing traffic noise resonating a bit. I have kind of concentrate to be aware of it so I'm thinking what I hear these days is not a return of the hum I put up with a few years ago and you all are experiencing now. In those days the hum was inescapable and very intrusive.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
WHY is this not getting more media attention IF ANY?
WHY has it only started(for me) in the last 2 years?
WHY the break of about 3 months then starts back up?
Why does everyone describe the EXACT same sound?

I am sat in my flat this very second and i can hear it,
it woke me up at 07:30 AM and been on ever since.

I have been back in touch with the council who did the recordings and they have
agreed to come back with there stuff when it's HUMMING to see if anything shows
up on there instruments. Also they have agreed to put what i recorded onto CD so
I can play it back through my HI-FI through low pass HERTZ.

Does it seem to pulse when anyone else hears it like it's under more load and drops
a bit in frequency for a second now and again?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Yes, it pulses, no pauses for me. Just up and down really fast. The "engine" is working good. Not like when it first started for me on September 23, 2008, when it sounded like an engine about to quit.

Media covereage? Good luck with that. I have tried. No one wants to touch it. If there aren't enough people who hear the HUM in your area willing to put themselves out there for ridicule, then the media wants nothing of it. I had contacted my local paper, THE PALM BEACH POST, and I believe that after a while of communicating with the "writer" he lost interest and probably thought I was nuts. He just stopped communicating. He had provided me with articles from all over the world about the HUM, but mainly from your area that have been printed in newspapers. I had even contacted Dr. OZ ( a very popular show here in the U.S.), through his website, but never heard a peep from them. Maybe you should try getting all the people in your area who are willing to go on TV or be interviewed for a newspaper article. At least try. Sometimes, I wonder if the U.S. government has ordered the media not to cover this subject...

Like I have mentioned before in other posts and other HUM threads, I have contacted so many government agencies, local and federal. I bet some of them, read these letters we write. We keep them entertained and well informed.

I imagine someday, maybe soon, everyone will experience the HUM, finally.
Have you noticed how on foggy mornings the HUM seems louder outside?

By the way, what are your thoughts on the Tesla airplane crash which happened on 2/17/2010?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
After looking at all threads that could possibly be related to this phenomena I'm thinking its either got to do with some natural phenomena going on right now like changes in the earth's magnetic field...or it's something man made along the lines of testing new kinds of technology like a Project Bluebeam kind of thing or some sort of weather manipulation or defense system. Lol...well that narrows it down, doesn't it.

What I don't think it could be is physical or psychological illness or paranormal stuff. There have been just too many reports across the globe of people hearing all kinds of strange inexplicable sounds ranging from booms to continuous thunder to mechanical grinding in the sky to hums for this to be just chalked up to tinnitus, psychosis, or paranormal. There is a logical rational explanation somewhere.

The Taos hum is well known so we can console ourselves with that and guess we just may be experiencing offshoots of the same phenomena.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

The fear that inevitably pervades such things is a much, much bigger concern than the perceived event itself.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by notknowing

Sounds like I am going through the same process of being "stonewalled" by all
the same type's of people you contacted. Same situation different country.

Makes you feel so humiliated doesn't it. Like everyone thinks your mad just cos
they cant hear the dam thing. J really don;t know what to do about it any more
I am so sick of trying to get people to take me seriously.

About the Tesla plane crash. Well It's very bad timing, Talk about bad luck.
Yeah they just announce a Brilliant car concept that does not rely on OIL
All that hard work from the idea to drawing board to production then The "Accident"

I don't know what to think. Bad luck? or is there a more sinister force behind the crash?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The hum is still going on here and it seems to be getting louder..also i had my husband turn off the main breaker to the house today to see if the hum is from anything running in the house and guess what its still there so its not from anything thats useing electric ..My home is a 200 year old farm house sitting on huge log beams to support the house maybe the wood has something to with it here i just dont know ..but i thought id update about turning the electric off for a bit to make sure it wasnt something due to electric running in my home~~

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Can you tell us the location of your house? Northeast U.S.? I'm I even close? Would be nice to know... Why the secrecy? You are already being affected so not saying your location isn't going to help you...

As you already know, I'm in the West Palm Beach area. I wonder how many others in my area are there who hear the HUM? Would be nice to meet one in person. But, then again, who can you trust these days. It is a very messed up world we live in.

Sadly, I've only met only one person who could hear the HUM and that was while I was on vacation in Puerto Rico. I mentioned this before in another thread. She was from New York, in her 70's who heard the HUM all summer long (2008?) in Cape Cod.
Hey you Cape Cod people out there? Any of you hear the HUM lately?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I have read some on this matter. I can say that when i go outside i can definetly here a very low frequency hum.
WE here in n. wis have a lot of chem spraying going on near and over the big great lake. I just figured it was harp playing around with gods work. It is disturbing when the hum is heard, for it wrecks the peasefull outside expierence. So much is and has changed since i was born in the 50's, its a shame to watch such a downffall of the world.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by notknowing

Im in Minnesota and its been going on in this house for sometime..Its just strange i dont hear it outside just in the house ..I still think something is going on with this planet..and were im at there spraying the skys like mad somedays its so foged with spray the sun is even hazed this needs to be stoped..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I don't know if this is related to the HUM... just in case it is, has anyone else noticed the sky has been weird today? The first thing I actually noticed today (around 8 AM) was that the HUM seemed louder (stronger) and more resonant. For those of you who are able to hear the HUM, go to the place in your house where the HUM is loudest usually and sing or loudly say UUUHHHH... Like what you say when you see something amazing. Notice how the HUM gets louder during and after you say the above. I call this resonant. It becomes resonant. I don't know why...

The second thing I noticed was the weird clouds. They were wispy and going from the horizon up into the sky as if radiating at a weird angle. Seemed unusual to me.

The third thing was the high flying military looking and sounding planes, flying very slow. Are they monitoring something in the sky?

The fourth thing was the Sun bow around 1PM EST and more weird clouds which looked like sound waves coming perpendicular to the Sun bow. Spaced evenly too.

If anyone else noticed the above or anything else, please let us know... Also, during the local newscast last night they mentioned that the EPA will be monitoring the skies over the football stadium...Here's the link:

www.wfaa.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I have also noticed a strange smell in the air today. I don't know what is causing this smell, but I have smelled it before in the last few months. And not just near my house. I smelled it yesterday about 10 miles southeast of my house. It is slightly stinky. It smells almost like a polaroid cartridge. You know those cameras from the past that developed the pictures in front of your eyes. When I smelled the odor outside that's what it reminded me of.

Has anyone else noticed a strange smell? What this has to do with the HUM is that people who are sensitive to the low frequency "sound" of the HUM might also be sensitive to this weird chemical smell in the air...

Anybody? Anywhere? Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
At 1:58 pm I posted about the Sun having a bow... Actually it was a halo. And when I noticed it, it wasn't all around the Sun. It was maybe about half around the Sun. There was a Sun bow to the side also...Very strange, to see both. For me, anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Where did everyone go? Back into hiding?

A thought about the strange smell in my area... I guess it could be due to Meth Labs, although the smell is not like what I've read Meth Labs smell like. So, who knows what the heck is causing this smell... Another mystery for the pile. Probably not related to the HUM after all...

humming along...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join