It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Alien Encounters Detailed in Newly Released Files: INCLUDES VIDEO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Minsitry of Defence release top-secret archives containing information about UFO sightings across Scotland.

www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ufos

The files contain a wide range of UFO-related documents covering the years 1994-2000.
Find out more about close encounters, strange illnesses, flying ‘Toblerones’ and unidentified objects tracked on radar.

Below is a news article from News.STV.TV

Flying Toblerones, mysterious illnesses and silky-white substances are among hundreds of close encounters described in previously top-secret files released by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) on Wednesday.

More than 6,000 pages of material spanning from 1994 to 2000 holds hundreds of other-worldly experiences with unidentified flying objects (UFOs) and apparent aliens across Britain.

They include reports of hundreds of alleged sightings over Bonnybridge, near Falkirk - as well as a report by a senior air traffic controller at Prestwick Airport, near Ayr.

Aircraft of all shapes and sizes have been witnessed flying over a wide range of locations - including Chelsea Football Club and the former Home Secretary Michael Howard's home in Kent.

This fifth instalment of documents released under a three-year project between the MoD and The National Archives consists of 24 files of sightings, letters and Parliamentary Questions.

They include a request submitted to former Prime Minister John Major from a councillor for an inquiry into 600 alleged sightings in Bonnybridge, Scotland, known as the "Bonnybridge Triangle".

VIDEO: Shocking Footage of UFO

In October 1997, Councillor William Buchanan, of Falkirk District Council, who supported the claim of 600 sightings in two years, wrote to Mr Blair demanding the phenomena were investigated after five years of pursuing the matter.

He wrote: "For five years the people both you and I represent have witnessed a phenomenon in the area that has been left unexplained. UFO over 3,000 people have witnessed, some have photographed, some have videoed, then lights and objects.

"I wrote to your predecessor John Major, I have also contacted our local MP Dennis Canavan who put me in contact with the MoD who told me quite strongly that nothing was happening in Bonnybridge that was a threat to national security."

He went on: "I have tried to get an answer for the people and have been ridiculed for it. I appeal to you Mr Blair to get the phenomenon investigated."

But an MoD response to the letter said there were no grounds to investigate the matter. However, Mr Buchanan did not give up and wrote to Mr Blair once again in 1998 demanding "the truth".

The documents also detail an object travelling at more than 1,000 knots was tracked by a senior air traffic controller from the control tower at Glasgow Prestwick Airport, in Ayrshire, in February 1999.

Meanwhile, another report states that a West Lothian electrician spotted a "Toblerone-shaped" UFO hovering over a field. A sketch of the craft is included in the report.

Experts believe the records highlight how shapes of reported UFOs have changed over the last half-century. This could be explained by representations of UFOs in popular culture - such as TV shows like The X-Files.

Many reports in this latest file describe aircraft as big, black and triangular in shape with lights along the edges, whereas the predominant form in the 1940s to 1950s was saucer or disc-shaped.

The files are available to download for free for a month from the website www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ufos

edited for spelling

[edit on 17-2-2010 by TimothyMartin]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Nice find; good documents, crappy video.

Star and flag for your work

-m0r

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
This is a step in the right direction at least.

It does seem that they mostly release the more bizarre accounts and possibly keep the solid cases under wraps but at least the public is slowly being exposed to this phenomenon.

Slowly.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Seems like everyone is making threads about this after reading mine!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
that "newscast" is horrendous!

#1 the "light" looks like nothing more than an overexposed shot of a star or streetlamp

#2 the "reporter", while being kind of hot, perpetuates the notion that UFO believers are Geeks ("so your not a UFO geek" question asked of the videographer)
#3 the inflection in the "reporter's" voice when she mentions "alien influence". It came out in a defensive tone where you mask your innocence or distancing of a statement by injecting a giggle or laugh while you say it.

I have no other input on what might be causing these turbines to be destroyed. Balancing issues maybe?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

But doesn't her ignorance make her even hotter?

Anyway, what's wrong with being a geek? Means your smarter than the rest of the masses. Doesn't have to mean you watch star-trek and wear a pocket protector...

edited to mention that, on watching the video again, I don't think the newscaster is as hot... was I drunk?

[edit on 19-2-2010 by TimothyMartin]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TimothyMartin
reply to post by TXRabbit

But doesn't her ignorance make her even hotter?

Anyway, what's wrong with being a geek? Means your smarter than the rest of the masses. Doesn't have to mean you watch star-trek and wear a pocket protector...

edited to mention that, on watching the video again, I don't think the newscaster is as hot... was I drunk?

[edit on 19-2-2010 by TimothyMartin]

She definitely ranks a 9 on the "drunk guy thinks girl is hot" scale. Maybe tomorrow I'll give her a 6 LOL

The laugh-at-ignorance thing leads to a new discussion but to me, it reeks of the same old agrument of how people who portray/report to the masses seem to mock those that don't follow the same

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ef79fc4ad61.jpg[/atsimg]

Well, it was a rather interesting report and an even better story. The wind turbine thing could have been caused by a number of these to be quite honest. Ranging from:

A bird, a bad blade and of course this:

Unmanned stealth bomber could have been UFO responsible for destroying wind turbine

The UFO allegedly responsible for wrecking a wind turbine could have been a secret unmanned stealth bomber on test flights.
The claim came from Ministry of Defence insiders who reportedly said that a black delta-wing craft called Taranis was making test runs on the coastal bombing ranges at Donna Nook and North Coates in Lincolnshire, near to the site of the damaged turbine.

The Taranis, named after the Celtic god of thunder, is about the same size as a Hawk jet and is equipped with stealth equipment and an 'autonomous' artificial intelligence system.

Who honestly knows what happened, but it is certainly possible that any of these three happened. And it makes many wonder if this UFO was really a government project, because if it was not, why even bring it out as a possible theory Mr. Minister of Defense. So in all honesty, I would say that the best theory is definately the military plane
Because the events after stated:

The Telegraph- UFO Turbine site sealed off.

Mr Pope said: "If a stealth aircraft struck the turbine, it may be made of some material which is itself top secret."

and of course this:

Bloomberg Report

The turbine manufacturer, Germany’s Enercon, is examining some of the broken parts.

“It was not a flying object, ice or extreme wind gusts,” said Henri Joppien, a salesman for Enercon, by phone today. “There is no general defect or manufacturer’s problem. All the rest is speculation.”

The video is choppy at best and it could be anything. A star, a moon, anything really. The turbine; however, is definately interesting

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I see that reporter out and about now and again. Her name is Vicky Lee and she appears on The Hour on Scottish TV (STV). Seems like a nice person.

Anyway, re. the reports I find the incident concerning Prestwick Airport interesting. I've personally flown an aircraft out of Prestwick and, on a clear day, you get a great view of the Ayrshire coast and the surrounding countryside/towns. Were there any observers on the ground who witnessed the UFO, or was it just a radar return observed by a controller in the tower?

I believe the Prestwick control tower was responsible back then (1999. They have a new control centre now that controls 42% of the air traffic over the UK) for air traffic coming up from the north of England, and which was switching from Manchester control to Prestwick control, as well as traffic coming over the Irish sea. So I guess the radar return could have come from an object quite far away from Prestwick itself.

The Toblerone-shaped UFO sounds really interesting too.

new topics

top topics

join