It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wash Your Hands With Plasma Gas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Wash Your Hands With Plasma Gas?

gizmodo.com

Instead of scrubbing, the workers would put their hands into a small box that bathes them with plasma — the same sort of luminous gas found in neon signs, fluorescent tubes and TV displays. This plasma, though, is at room temperature and pressure, and is engineered to zap germs, including the drug-resistant supergerm MRSA.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Wow, it works on athlete's foot 0.0

Imagine what this techonlogy can do... Sanitation during flu seasons, surgery aseptic, treat infections, kill bacteria in foods, and perhaps save millions of lives.

It can be built for less than $100 in materials

All they need to make now is a tool for the kitchen and toilet XD. Push of a button cleans everything up.

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

It can be built for less than $100 in materials

All they need to make now is a tool for the kitchen and toilet XD. Push of a button cleans everything up.

That's OK, I don't think I want plasma gas anywhere near my private parts.

Also, just because they can build this for $100.00 what makes you think it won't be priced a lot higher. This would be considered "medical $terilization" equipment after all. There's big money to be made here.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Anything that works really well is guaranteed to be out of the poor man's reach for some time. Though, it may just become so popular for its apparent effectiveness that that time is very short.

Still, this could also begin to change the face of... well, the shower. There may even come the day of the water-free shower (though, I can see how gas would be a problem for the time being, lol).

Interesting find. :3

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Wow, amazing find. But would this really ever be released at an affordable price? Probably not, no one would ever get sick, and the pharmacies wouldn't want that to happen.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by TimothyMartin]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So...what do I use to wash the plasma gas off of my hands???

Come on...this can't be good to be left on your hands. Is it healthy to be eating plasma gas residue?

[edit on 17-2-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
So...what do I use to wash the plasma gas off of my hands???

Come on...this can't be good to be left on your hands. Is it healthy to be eating plasma gas residue?

[edit on 17-2-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

Really really good point made right here.

2nd line.

XL5

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I think that all it is is an ozone generator (O3). It is either done using high voltage and very low current (under 1mA) or alot of UV leds maybe.

IMO soap is safe, you still have to get off the dead skin cells somehow.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Alot of chemicals can kill bacteria in ways soap never could. But until scientists are able to understand every single component of said chemical we can never assume it's safe. And who would we trust? The FDA!?

It's most likely far from safe, and if it was made to be safe it would be out of arm's reach financially. We don't all get the Magic Johnson treatment ya know.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Can someone please explain to me how a gas or plasma can leave solid residue on your hands?

But until scientists are able to understand every single component of said chemical we can never assume it's safe.

What do you base this on? Also, what do you define as a component? Molecular structure? Elements it contains?

It's most likely far from safe, and if it was made to be safe it would be out of arm's reach financially.

And what do you base this on?

[edit on 21/2/2010 by C0bzz]

XL5

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It generates ozone (O3), it does tend to leave a smell on your hands for a little while. Might take less then 20 seconds for the smell to come off, but then I never tested just how long it takes.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Plasma gas? Is that something like liquid solid?

It's either plasma or gas guys

top topics

join