It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laser weapon knocks down missile in test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Laser weapon knocks down missile in test

www.msnbc.msn.com

LOS ANGELES - A high-powered laser destroyed a target missile in flight off the Central California coast in a milestone test of a futuristic but troubled national defense system, the Air Force announced Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I looked for this everywhere on here and nothing. So if it has been posted before please don't kill me over it.

There's video that I will try and embed if I can. Below is the link and copy from it.

Feb. 12: Infrared imagery from Jan. 10, 2010, shows a laser beam emanating from the Missile Defense Agency's Airborne Laser Testbed (at right) and destroying a target missile (at left).
www.msnbc.msn.com...

To me this looks like the beginning of technology disclosure, not alien, but the tech surrounding the conspiracy theories. I know that this is nothing new and the technology of lasers has been around for a long time... However a successful test to shoot down a missile! I say build thousands of these units and have them in every metropolitan city!

I feel just like everyone else up here that the government is preparing us for something. This acceptance will only lead to more disclosure and so on. It will have a snowball effect much like the concept of singularity where we will keep doubling in advancement.

Let me know your thoughts!

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Looking over the video again, I can't tell is the laser device stationary on the ground? Or stationary in the air?!!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
No wonder aliens dont stopby to say 'hi' every week.
Thats like going to your psycho next door neighbors house.
Lasers that shoot down missles.
Only on a place like Earth is it acceptable to not only shoot rockets at each other, but also to have counter defense lasers that could blow anything out of the sky. Aliens are smart. They just sit high up in the skys with their popcorn watching us all act like fools.

To contradict myself, lazers are cool though, ray guns next ? =)

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I remember seeing a video of a ship in space. A flash of light came from the Earth and a laser passed the craft as it sped away. This reminds me of that.

I will try to find the video.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

You know? I think I remember that as well. Maybe this wasn't a real test, but a test that we were just allowed to see. Its conceivable that this technology existed before this test, imo.

Still, a beam of light that can shoot down a missile can shoot down anything. We may someday hear of some sort of airline accident because of this technology.

new topics

top topics

join