It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Swabbing Hands- Stealing Our DNA???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

To the list of instructions you hear at airport checkpoints, add this: "Put your palms forward, please."

The Transportation Security Administration soon will begin randomly swabbing passengers' hands at checkpoints and airport gates to test them for traces of explosives. Previously, screeners swabbed some carry-on luggage and other objects as they searched for the needle in the security haystack -- components of terrorist bombs in an endless stream of luggage. But after the Christmas Day attempted bombing of Northwest Flight 253 over Detroit, Michigan, the TSA began a program of swabbing passengers' hands, which could be contaminated by explosive materials, experts say.

The TSA will greatly expand the swabbing in the coming weeks, the agency said.

If you were making bombs, wouldn't you be wearing gloves?

Under the new protocols, tests will be conducted at various locations -- including in checkpoint lines, during the screening process and at gates. Newer, more portable machines make it easier to conduct tests away from fixed locations such as the checkpoint.

The TSA has more than 7,000 explosive trace detection (ETD) machines and has purchased 400 additional units with $16 million in federal stimulus money. The president's fiscal 2011 budget calls for $60 million to purchase approximately 800 portable ETD machines.

Napolitano said the tests will not significantly increase wait times at airport checkpoints.

Source Article

This all sounds good to the average joe, but who, I wonder, is selling them the machines?

What are they going to do with the samples from your hand? Throw them away? Destroy them?

Maybe attach that sample to crime scenes???

How will we know?

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Signals]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
just a crazy idea but do you think DNA homing weapons could ever be developed? If so do you think that they're reason for swabbing...i mean come on why would they need to do that its not like we are gonna try to steal something at an airport or leave our DNA anywhere....i don't know just a thought.....

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by navilstruth
just a crazy idea but do you think DNA homing weapons could ever be developed? If so do you think that they're reason for swabbing...i mean come on why would they need to do that its not like we are gonna try to steal something at an airport or leave our DNA anywhere....i don't know just a thought.....

That's a possibility, please expand.

My concern is that once they swab your hand, collect your DNA sample, match that up with the ID you had to show - You could easily be framed for a crime.

Just smear your DNA at a crime scene, and voila!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
well since they have technology beyond our imaginable dreams they could probably send some kind of homing weapon your way..if they wanted to kill you...

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Take a train from now on. They dont give a hoot who you are.

TICKETS??? You got tickets? If you got a ticket they dont care- this airline over the top crap is because "some people" are peddling their wares
and making tons of money with new technology.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm just glad that I don't have to fly anymore. It's one of the benefits of not having a lot of money. Can't travel if you can't afford to go anywhere!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wondering302
I'm just glad that I don't have to fly anymore. It's one of the benefits of not having a lot of money. Can't travel if you can't afford to go anywhere!

I hear ya

I flew just 2 or 3 times a year for business, up until last year. Hated every second of it. Shoe removal was idiotic enough, but hand swabbing? No way...

new topics

top topics

join