It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece Loses Voting Rights - That's It! Jump Out NOW!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Greece was given a way out! Take it! Get out of the EU now!
Greece Loses Voting Rights

No voting rights? Fine. We want out of the European Union.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This thread sounds great but the link must be broken.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This shocked me when I read it. My jaw literally dropped. Before I truly believed that the EU was for good and all this hype about loss of soverignty and no freedom was a joke. Now I believe it. If Greece wants to be smart they would drop the Euro and leave the EU, they will pay dearly in the short run but in the long run they will prosper better than ever before. No country has any right to meddle in anothers' business. Great post S+F.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

When they start up their own currency, they could just print money
to solve short term financial problems. They can do this.
The EU just gave Greece a way out. Jump now!
If Greece jumps out, i can see another country jumping out also.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
How important is this?

What does this signal to the other members?

For that matter what does this signify to Britain if they begin to fail?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well, I am shocked at this... No way should Greece be treated this way, it will have only negative market effects and make situation worse.

To be treated this way and humiliated in front of the world is disgusting..

While denying voting rights to Greece taints the notion the EU is democratic..

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Not sure it has any implication on Britain sitting outside the Euro, but what it does do is taint the idea the EU is a democratic union.. that will backfire if it not managed better.. and sets a not very good precedent for other countries with economic issues.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

There needs to be a HUGE ground swell of public outrage today!
We want out!!! Goodbye and good luck with your European Union.
We will start printing our own money Monday morning.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
That's a pretty stupid move by the EU. What they're basically saying is that in a crisis, financial or otherwise, they will not stand by their lesser members, but instead will bully them and strip them of their rights. If I were the Greeks, I'd jump ship. If they do, I suspect they won't be the only ones.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by vor78]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I recall someone saying once, that the EU would end up causing another war in Europe.

Greece still a part of NATO, right? The member nations of NATO have to defend each other, right?

I wonder how many phone calls Obama has had today.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Self-governance is evil. People are fat, ignorant and poor. Global governance is hope.

Self-governance is dead. People are fat, ignorant and poor. Global governance is now.

----------
Conversely and for the wise...

We must move past the old ways and on to the new. The wood has aged and yet new wine has been poured in. It is only a matter of time before the casks burst.

The principle of self-governance was the monument of America that was admired by the world. Sadly, the great monument of liberty has fallen and was only in it's infancy when it was corrupted by spiritually divisive and weak men who sat in carnally powerful and decisive seats.

The destruction of self-governance should be the greatest indicator of our direction/destination as a whole. This is true for Greece as it is for all of human history. It will continue until Pride destroys itself once more as Chaos which brings death will permeate the lands until it has consumed it's fill.

Consider that Religion nor Government enable the weak to be strong enough to not need Religion or Government. Such acts of strengthening the weak would actually serve to justify the purpose of Religion and Government. However, false Religion and false Government are against truth.

Give to the Creators with all of your heart, soul and mind (Generally, we are all subject to the same set of natural gifts/blessings and the same needs). Give to your neighbor as yourself (So that all are progressing and none are forgotten).

Our people are fat, ignorant and poor! The fruit of the Church and the Government is of poor quality! Raise yourself up. Raise yourself up. Raise yourself up. Give to the Creators and likewise, give to each other according to their weakness.

Understand your own truthful needs and godly pleasures. Be useful for many things (honest needs and pleasures of good report). Invest your wealth in that which sustains (food, tools, creative stimulation).

So I say again to those who are weak, and those who are strong, raise yourself up and help those who are below you. Heed the warnings of the daily reports from around the world, raise yourself up. The wood is cracking and the cask is ready to split open, so raise yourself up and make progress and you will not drown.

Know and understand the story of the city and it's tower. It will help you to understand "prophecies" more than any constructed religion or government.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher
Self-governance is evil. People are fat, ignorant and poor. Global governance is hope.

Self-governance is dead. People are fat, ignorant and poor. Global governance is now.

----------
Conversely and for the wise...

We must move past the old ways and on to the new. The wood has aged and yet new wine has been poured in. It is only a matter of time before the casks burst.

The principle of self-governance was the monument of America that was admired by the world. Sadly, the great monument of liberty has fallen and was only in it's infancy when it was corrupted by spiritually divisive and weak men who sat in carnally powerful and decisive seats.

The destruction of self-governance should be the greatest indicator of our direction/destination as a whole. This is true for Greece as it is for all of human history. It will continue until Pride destroys itself once more as Chaos which brings death will permeate the lands until it has consumed it's fill.

Consider that Religion nor Government enable the weak to be strong enough to not need Religion or Government. Such acts of strengthening the weak would actually serve to justify the purpose of Religion and Government. However, false Religion and false Government are against truth.

Give to the Creators with all of your heart, soul and mind (Generally, we are all subject to the same set of natural gifts/blessings and the same needs). Give to your neighbor as yourself (So that all are progressing and none are forgotten).

Our people are fat, ignorant and poor! The fruit of the Church and the Government is of poor quality! Raise yourself up. Raise yourself up. Raise yourself up. Give to the Creators and likewise, give to each other according to their weakness.

Understand your own truthful needs and godly pleasures. Be useful for many things (honest needs and pleasures of good report). Invest your wealth in that which sustains (food, tools, creative stimulation).

So I say again to those who are weak, and those who are strong, raise yourself up and help those who are below you. Heed the warnings of the daily reports from around the world, raise yourself up. The wood is cracking and the cask is ready to split open, so raise yourself up and make progress and you will not drown.

Know and understand the story of the city and it's tower. It will help you to understand "prophecies" more than any constructed religion or government.

Interesting. I wonder if the moral decay that permeates our society can be remedied. Is it an inevitable result of human nature to use religion and government for self aggrandizment? Is placing the ego self above all others including your fellow countrymen avoidable? Do all humans once in a position of power use it to the ends of self profit at the cost of all the rest? What must it take for those "weak" individuals to realize they are being pillaged? Does man willingly give his power of thought and liberty because his nature demands it? Do we cede our rights in order to gain the safety and security from our rulers that our ego craves in everyday life? Is the political and religious not a reflection of the flaws that plague human self?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

Within the light was created a void.
Within the void was created a light.
The children of light are the light within the void.
The children of darkness are the shadows of the light of creation.

Light is truth/life.
Void is void.
This realm is mercy/grace to the children of darkness, and mercy/grace and refinement to the children of light.

Consider that we live in the middle ground of the Eternal and the Void.

From our middle ground, the path to void is pride and chaos.
Many live this way.
From our middle ground, the path to the Eternal is OrderCharity (the inverse and converse of pride and chaos) who is One.
Few live this way.

Also consider that as our ability to destroy (read: to be pride and chaos) grows, so does our ability (and responsibility) to be orderly and charitable (read: to be like gods). This is also why the fall of man which is spiritually described in the story of the fall of the first man was important and not the terrible/mysterious thing it is often treated as.

The blind believe that the great consuming of power/might and the great comfort of self-determination are gods. They are not. They are death. Truth exists regardless of our ability to observe or understand.

Like animals who fear thunder, the animal-men of the world fear pride and chaos. Like Gods who fears nothing, the priest-animals (children of light) of the world press on through the storm.

I know that I did not answer you directly, but I believe this communicates a lot more than answering your questions individually. I hope that it will strengthen you to see clearly on your own. I do not have much time to spare, but if you have other questions, rhetorical or not, I would love to share if you will give me your ears (eyes).

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hopfull the general Greek populas will go mental chuck out there goverment tell Europe where to stick it.

This kind of thing is what happens when a countries goverment stops being by the people for the people and becoming by a select few for a select few.

This is also the result of goverments deciding whats best and moving further and further away from true democracy.

Any country in the European Union is more like an elected dictatorship with a very small group of people making the decissions that line there own pockets with vast sums of cash that they never earned.

I would like to see the day when people could self govern at the local level up but thats not going to happen unless most of the world is wiped out or we have the biggest revolution of all time.

I think this is planned to move towards a one world goverment which will be a faceless monster and as normal 95% of the wealth will end up in the hands of 5% of the population.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by jpmail]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher

Within the light was created a void.
Within the void was created a light.
The children of light are the light within the void.
The children of darkness are the shadows of the light of creation.

Light is truth/life.
Void is void.
This realm is mercy/grace to the children of darkness, and mercy/grace and refinement to the children of light.

Consider that we live in the middle ground of the Eternal and the Void.

From our middle ground, the path to void is pride and chaos.
Many live this way.
From our middle ground, the path to the Eternal is OrderCharity (the inverse and converse of pride and chaos) who is One.
Few live this way.

Also consider that as our ability to destroy (read: to be pride and chaos) grows, so does our ability (and responsibility) to be orderly and charitable (read: to be like gods). This is also why the fall of man which is spiritually described in the story of the fall of the first man was important and not the terrible/mysterious thing it is often treated as.

The blind believe that the great consuming of power/might and the great comfort of self-determination are gods. They are not. They are death. Truth exists regardless of our ability to observe or understand.

Like animals who fear thunder, the animal-men of the world fear pride and chaos. Like Gods who fears nothing, the priest-animals (children of light) of the world press on through the storm.

I know that I did not answer you directly, but I believe this communicates a lot more than answering your questions individually. I hope that it will strengthen you to see clearly on your own. I do not have much time to spare, but if you have other questions, rhetorical or not, I would love to share if you will give me your ears (eyes).

Hmm. Is it possible for any human to not fall into void some of the time? Is the void not merely a tool to help reach the light? A learning part of existence that we hopefully do not fall completely into.
"The blind believe that the great consuming of power/might and the great comfort of self-determination are gods. They are not. They are death. Truth exists regardless of our ability to observe or understand."
Is self determination not a path to guide yourself away from pride, and into charity? Truth? I have heard the word repeated so many time it has lost meaning. Does not truth differ for each individual along their respective path? Maybe though all the individual truths hold aspects of the greater truth which we all move toward with or without knowing it.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Obama probably had a light bulb go on over his head.
Hmmmm.....Cash purchases over $2,000 are illegal in Greece.
Well now there's an idea! If i get rid of all the cash in the USA could that
pay for free healthcare for everyone???

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

How do I find my way to a place that I do not comprehend? By chaos we declare many places and things to be the destination without understanding. We become even more lost in our blindness. By OrderCharity we understand that the destination is understanding.

How do I find my way to a place that I do not comprehend? By pride we declare to know the way without understanding. We become the shadows of the idols we erect. By OrderCharity we understand the way through the declaring of the gifts of the Creators which are given to us by God, even through each other.

Until we have no need, no consequence undesired, we are simply created things. Completion is promised to the children of light. So much more than dust we are, but what is left if life is not within us?

Rise up, raise up.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

No voting rights? Fine. We want out of the European Union.

Who is this "we" you are talking about?
Are you Greek?
Do you live in Greece?

Or are you, as per usual, merely oversimplifying a massively complex geopolitical/economic issue which you can barely grasp?

[edit on 17 Feb 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

No . I'm just trying to help them out.
I like Greek salads!
------------------------------
However, Eurisko is a Greek word.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Chill out... I think you understood what he was trying to say.

I grew up and around Greeks and I know they're a proud people. They won't stick by this pure embarrassment which has been handed to them in front of the EU and the world. Surely you're not saying that nothing will come of this? I know its a lot more complex than what we can conclude from the information we're given, but we're just like the people in Greece (based on the information available to us). They should get mad and have every right to. I don't see Greece pulling out of the EU though.

[edit on 17/2/2010 by serbsta]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join