It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the "off button"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

i agree with the suggestion that you need to read some Robert Anton Wilson. even as you start to understand "more than your average sheeple" it is important to balance this with a realization that no theory is 100% true. the map is not the territory, for if it was, you would have to draw yourself in the territory....drawing the map....drawing yourself...ad infinitum. even if you somehow managed to make a perfect map, it would only be accurate for a slice of time that is fleeting....

if you don't do this, you risk following a belief system dogmatically, if you spend your life trying to fight some "evil illuminati" you are in for a bad trip, and most likely going to end up a victim of your own logic. if there is an illuminati, there are probably wise enough to realize the dangers of dogmatism, leave dogma for the sheep, to beat them, you will at least need to think like them.

to assign 100% truth to there being an evil almost omnipotent overarching conspiracy is to make yourself dogmatically slaved to the notion. you are no different than someone who assigns 100% truth to the notion that the government in general is here for the good of mankind. also you will find your conversations ineffective and futile, because you will not be able to establish any common ground in your speak, it will be a constant disagreement over who is making the right map.

Google "Prometheus Rising", you can find pdfs of it online it's not hard. Read it, and pass it on. the only hope to get the "sheeple" to wake up isn't to color some evil villain or NWO they need to fight -- its to correct the dangerous elements of their logic.

You know, Hitler was convinced he had found the head of the conspiracy.... And he was a hero, to many peoples eyes.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I understand what your going threw. I was confronted with this truth to. For a while at least.

When I was introduced to all of these theories and wild west stories, I just read it all cause it was entertaining. It took me about 6 months to get fully posted on conspiracy and alternative news, ideas and reality, on Dutch sites,to wake up.
Not so much because I started to believe but because the world around me changed. Possibilities, action-reaction, politics, religion. It was all starting to make sense, explaining what I already thought to be strange or didn't understand. Well then every comforting theory or explanation became true. For about a month or so. Confronted with what you say to experience now.
I decided to end believing all. Like SaturnFX said at the end of his first post to you.

This lead me to see things in a lot more perspective detail. I say perspective cause I don't really know anything, as the sources claiming all things weird. Well... unreliable at least. Well even our climate scientist screw our minds so.

I stopped watching tv. I began discussing about it, and everything else.
I think my time spend on all these nonsense, way better then football or soccer, darts, ice skating What ever ! I enjoy it. I stopped telling people everything, except with the flu vaccine. I became aware of the fact in all our history we are already ruled by a small elite group, using us for their benefits.Only now since the Internet we are able to learn about things so fast it's still warm.

I trust almost all has a small part of truth in it and choose for in between understanding. This is usually right. I remember Occam's Razor ( a very recent thread on it on ATS ).

My advice to you is. Stop just for a few weeks and just live life like anyone else. It makes your perspective a little more balanced. You will not feel as paranoid after it and you read conspiracy with a different perspective. I assure you, with me it worked quite well.

Last note.
Try living by the day and make what you do fun and most of all enjoy.
It could all end in a heartbeat you know. There is still no debunked 2012. NWO Is as real as the smell of a fart. Even if you don't hear about it, there is sure some smell to it.

Never forget. Nothing has changed, stop caring when powerless and if there is something coming our way. Live life to the fullest. Love and make some fun. ( In between reading and posting a few threads of course.

Meditation is also recommended. It allows you to clear your mind.

As I and others said before. Don't believe a thing I said but try and learn for yourself ! My advise is all self experienced. Not baked up by a source or evidence at all.

Good luck and stay positive.

Peace !
-SK

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think the real truth of the matter, Kn0wh0w, lies in acknowledging the truth from the fiction. Behind every juicy, fact-filled, delicious conspiracy are a whole bunch of completely insane delusions formed by angry little people who lost the will to make their own way in life. The "off" button you speak of, for me, has always been in finding the difference between these two types.

Every time a government assassination plot angers me to the point of boiling, my release comes in finding some crackpot who believes that "evil reptilian alien lords called the Annunaki are living under British royalty estates and secretly controlling the entire world through a system of matrix-like programs."

Once I've located one of these people - I am finding that these boards are rife with false-flag conspiracy theories - I find it is very helpful to try and turn them onto a real conspiracy, with real-world effects, that might really one day lead to the removal of their freedoms.

Usually, if I can make someone abandon a crackpot theory in favor of something with some kind of evidence, then I feel a little better. Having done my part to enlighten even one person in the dark might make the difference between my own personal faith in myself, and lack thereof.

I'm not saying that this works for everyone though. But it works for me.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

well some of it does work, like the part where you´re saying something about the reptillians controlling the british elite etc, i´ve came across this in David Icke´s books and had a very very good laugh at that.
the information he presents about the reptilians is all hearsay and you got to take his word for it. well i didn´t and that led me to believe david icke is full of it. nevertheless i DID read further and found that his books are a real eyeopener to someone just new on these subjects. just take it with a pinch of salt.

but what i´m actually trying to say here is that i appreciate all of your guys input and come to the conclusion that every truther, or allmost every trutherhas been at this point??

in that fact i find some comfort, but i still don't see what benefits does this knowledgde have for me, when i alone can't change a damn thing about them..

[edit on 18-2-2010 by kn0wh0w]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
There is an "off" button, but it is not very rewarding. Just go out, drink a lot, have sex all you can, take drugs, drive fast, watch Friends, etc.

As for your quest for the Truth, there are more Truth in Life than in the conspiracies. And there are tons of good books out there if you still want the Truth, you just have to search in the right place. Nothing changes, so maybe good'ol books hold much more Thruth than you can imagine.

Peace

P.S. : If you are sometimes overwhelmed by anger and irritation, do some sports, it helps, or even better : do something to make the world a better place.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts
There is an "off" button, but it is not very rewarding. Just go out, drink a lot, have sex all you can, take drugs, drive fast, watch Friends, etc.

pretty much been there and done that..

and i feel i have a pretty good view on the world, i have pretty good values. i like to believe, myself to be a good and decent human being.
it's just the frustration what to do with this knowledge, because i can't really say it has gotten me any further and/or made my life any more comfortable

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
it's just the frustration what to do with this knowledge, because i can't really say it has gotten me any further and/or made my life any more comfortable

What's your dream ? Make that dream a reality. As simple as that. And don't let people tell you what's good for you. You know better.

And if someone doesn't agree with you, take time, have a lunch with him, explain your point of view and listen to his. Then find a compromise.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Hi Sinterklaas.
as a fellow dutchman i'd like to say; Aangenaam
(wich means something like; nice to meat you)
i enjoyed reading your post and appreciate, you sharing your view with us.
as far as not watching tv goes, nah-ah hellll no. I need my daily dosis of Comedy Central, Discovery, National Geographic and last but not least.... Dr. Phil

about meditation, i actually never took the time to research or read into that subject.
maybe it will be a good outlet but i'd like to wait a couple of week with that, for the sole reason that i'm going to take up boxing in a couple of
weeks. (when i've recieved my paycheck
wich will be in two weeks)

if that doesn't give me the result i expect, wich are;
- a big stress releaver, so i feel relaxed after 1.5 hours of boxing.
- keeping that rock hard body in shape

- work on my condition (since i use to be a pretty heavy smoker)

i know the last two points probably can't be achieved trhough meditation but if i don't find my peace and quite, i'll get back to you on meditation if allright with you ofcourse..

take care fellow dutchman.

pz

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

what i want is a dream, a utopia. a world where all humans are equal, where we're all at one with nature and stop robbing mother nature from her resources, wich is going to backfire heavily.

if we keep going on this path we've taken as humanity, mother nature IS going to clense herself and remove us pitty sorrow little humans from the face of the earth.

what i would like to achieve in life is;
- leave my kids a legacy
- be a great dad and husband
- living carefree (financially and physically)
- i'd like to achieve a certain position where i can do whatever i like.

example; if i wanna go to the bahamas tomorrow, that i'm able to GO tomorrow. at least not a life where i got to live from paycheck to paycheck, which a lot of people are these days.
that is another thing that gets me enraged, the big differences between rich and poor.
you don't know half how mad i get when i see some children digging for food through garbage, i't just sickens me to the core.

i'd like to correct al this, which i can't and that is what driving me nuts.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

the feeling of powerlessness is the worst, the thought of knowing that you, yourself, can't change the current situation or problems in the world, is what bothers me most.

The above quote says it all.

One person two people, a few thousand cannot make a difference. One person alone is a drop in the bucket.

If enough people woke up and took responsibility possibly we could stop this madness.

It's like the bully in the school yard. Everyone stands quietly by or goes off somewhere else (stays asleep) and keeps letting the bully, bully.

It's usually only one or two bullies, the vast majority of people are decent but too scared to do anything about the bully.

If enough people woke up and banded together we could all break out of this Matrix.

But, it would take a real majority to unite together and refuse to let the few sit down at the table and cut 3/4 of the pie for themselves and leave 1/4 for everyone else.

Do I wish there was a off button?

There's never been a off button for me. I've always known things are beng run screwy.

Humanity is one crazy animal.

The many allow the few to rob, bully and victimize the majority.

What most people refuse to realize is that what truly affects one of us affects all of us, we are that intricately connected like treads in a fabric or gains of sand on the beach.

and "god" is the beach.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by ofhumandescent]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join