It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Invades Non-Commercial Amish Farm in PA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is troubling, a pair of FDA officials attempted to conduct a raid on an Amish farm because the farmer has a cow. True story.

Kinzers, PA – At 9:40 a.m. Thursday, February 4, only a few miles from the scene of the Nickel Mines Amish massacre of 2006, another drama against the Amish began as agents of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) came onto the property of Amish farmer Dan Allgyer, without permission, claiming to be conducting an investigation.

Agents Joshua Schafer and Deborah Haney, from the Delaware FDA office, drove past Allgyer’s “No Trespassing” signs and up his driveway almost to his barn, where Allgyer happened to be outside. Allgyer approached the car, the agents got out and Allgyer asked them why they were there. They produced a piece of paper, asked Allgyer if he was Dan Allgyer, which Allgyer confirmed, asked him his middle initial and phone number, entered the information on the paper, told Allgyer they were there to do an inspection and started reading the paper to him, saying it gave them jurisdiction to be there.

The agents – Schafer did most of the talking – said they had a right to be there because “you produce food for human consumption.” Dan asked why they believed that and they said, “Well, you have cows. You cannot be consuming all the milk you produce.” They further stated, “If you get a milk truck in to move all this milk you sell milk to the public, therefore we have jurisdiction.”

Dan said, “This is a private farm, I do not sell anything to the public.”

As they continued to harass him about doing an inspection, Allgyer said, “You can sit in your car. I will call my lawyer.”

The agents remained standing.

Allgyer called his attorney who advised him to have the agents call him. When Allgyer told them to call his attorney Schafer replied, “You are the owner and you have to speak for yourself.”

They pressed him to talk and Schafer asked, “Are you refusing us an investigation? Allgyer replied, “That’s not what I’m saying.”

They kept repeating, “Are you refusing an investigation?”

Allgyer kept saying, “Call this guy” – meaning his attorney.

Allgyer said they must have asked him six times.

Read more: Food Freedom

Is this just a couple of FDA goons on a power trip or the start of something more sinister?

[edit on 17-2-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Stuff like this makes me sick. Why does the FDA have to try to stick their noses into every aspect of a person's life? It seems like there's nothing you can do in any aspect of your life without the govt trying to regulate it.

This also looks like the FDA is starting to implement the Codex Alimentarius BS.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Okay, maybe I'm completely clueless here. But is it normal for an Amish farmer to have a lawyer?

I mean, I'm not Amish and I don't have a lawyer....much less one that I could call at a moment's notice. I'd have to go look in the phonebook or something.

Just sounds a little strange.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Okay, maybe I'm completely clueless here. But is it normal for an Amish farmer to have a lawyer?

I mean, I'm not Amish and I don't have a lawyer....much less one that I could call at a moment's notice. I'd have to go look in the phonebook or something.

Just sounds a little strange.

I thought that was strange to.

The story seems to originate from the National Independent Consumers and Farmers Association so maybe he's a member of that organization and contacted one of their lawyers.

Edit to add: With all of the govt intrution going on nowadays, it might not be a bad idea for everyone in the US to keep a lawyers phone number handy for when they decide to kick in YOUR door.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Amish don't generally have phones either.

Mennonites (sp) "look" like Amish but enjoy some modern luxuries such as cars, phones, electricity etc. Most of the Amish "trinkets" you buy there in Central PA are made/sold by Mennonites. Amish generally stick to their own.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What he should have done was call the State Police. Without a signed warrant and proof these idiots have no standing. They had no proof he sold anything. They ASS-uummed and pressured him for an admission. If this story is true this farmer, Amish or otherwise, has these two buttheads by the short hairs!

Zindo

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Ridiculous
An actual raid, what's the deal?
Is it too good for health?

top topics

join