It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallout: New Vegas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Coming out Fall 2010. I loved Fallout 3 and I just hope this new one lives up to the Fallout name. I especially love the radio station in Fallout 3 with the 40's music and imagine they will add some Sinatra or something else 'Vegas'
I can't wait!

Apparently i'm a noob at embedding YouTube video's

www.youtube.com...
[edit on 17-2-2010 by Anjin]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I can't wait! Hopefully Bethesda is also working hard on the next Elder Scrolls game, but Fallout is almost as good to me. I especially like the addition of the video cowboy screen to the lawbot.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
So looking forward to this!

I've read it'll have a bit of a different feel to it to fallout 3 because Vegas is still powered by the Hoover damn and it wasn't hit directly in the war so for the most part, the city is still up and running.

You don't play a vault survivor this time either, dying for TES V though, hopefully they are secretly working on that bad-boy.

Off topic but where the hell is battlefield 3? I've been waiting for 5 years :shk:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Is it too soon to call in sick?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

They are releasing Battlefield Bad Company 2. If you haven't played it, do so. It is amazing!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I have just recently, around x-mas, discovered the joys of Fallout 3. I've loved Elder Scrolls 3 and 4 and was curious to play F3 after having friends telling me about how good it was.

I can't wait for New Vegas. From what i hear, although it's using the same tech from F3, that the original creators of Fallout are putting their touches on this one.

I hope it's bigger than the last Fallout, it took me about a month to complete all 20some quests plus the expansions. I haven't gone back since.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Looks cool, FO3 was awesome!! When does fall start for you yankees? I think thats our spring.

Should be cool.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by KainRich

Obsidian studios is making this one, they have many of the original fallout team. They will be using the fallout 3 engine and sort of making a hybrid, so we get the best of both worlds. Should be awesome.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
You know, I love the fallout games. My favorite being Fallout 3. I would be highly disappointed if New Vegas didn't live up to its predecessor.

It would be a tragedy.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
My wife just got me Fallout 3 this past Christmas,and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed playing it.I liked it so much I got Oblivion,and I'm still playing it.

I can't wait till New Vegas comes out,only a couple more months to go!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I enjoyed Fallout 3 a lot, but if any fans haven't played the first two, you really should. In my opinion they're a lot better. You can buy copies that are DRM-free, compatible with modern OSes and cheap. Here's Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. FO1 had the best feel of any of the games, but I had the most fun with FO2. There's so much stuff to do, like become a champion boxer, join a mob family, one town is full of Western-style missions. The endings of the first two are better than 3, as well. Every town has a different ending depending on your actions. I think the locations are better as well. In FO3, there was basically two major towns. Sure, there were a ton of places to explore, but usually there wasn't much to do in them and they all looked the same.

I am very excited about New Vegas though.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I 'liked' Fo3 - and as good as it is, I can't help feeling that some parts of it are rushed and the expansion pack ALWAYS bugged out on me, making it impossible to activate the continuation of the main quest line.

Although niggles aside, it was quite imaginative and created a bleak but exciting world to play in.

Hopefully the new fall out vegas will clean up some of the bugs and i'm verye excited to see what the original writers will throw into the mix.

--

On another note I really wish someone would hurry up and get the gears moving for the new elder scrolls.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
My wife is no gamer but I got Fallout 3 and that all changed. She beat the game (and every mission) as she played nonstop for days. lol Again she doesn't play video games.

She is making me preorder new Vegas for her and from what I've read about it so far it will use the same engine as FO3.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Some new vids!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
this game has me giddier than a 16 year old girl before Cheerleader try outs.

Fallout 3 its self had me glued to my TV for weeks...trying to beat it every way possible, blow up the nuke or don't?

Oh yeah - what a game!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

My wife and I would agree although she is far more hooked than I. I don't get my game this month because she is making me preorder. I won't complain though, I was going to get this anyway!

Did you check out the new vids?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

oh yeah, i can't get enough yet, Game Informer had a great article on the game too....i hope it's a worthy sequel....and not another "Bioshock 2"

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I am certainly looking forward to this release, my friend. I played the hell out of Fallout 3 and did -just about- everything a man could do in the game. I admit, i'm so played out on that particular version of the game I haven't put the disc in my console for quite some time now

But, played out as I am on Fallout 3, i'm going to be all over some new material to quest through, explore, and blast creatures in slow motion to millions of pieces via VATS

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Bioshock 2 was ok but yes a bit disappointing. From what i've seen and heard about fallout new vegas it's going to be better than FO3

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I've heard that Fallout New Vegas is totally amazing in from the critics and magazine previewers at GameInformer. From everything I've seen...it just looks crazy. I am super excited about the iron sight aiming that they've introduced. After gambling a bit on Red Dead Redemption, I am also kind of excited to see how Bethesda and Obsidian (?) will handle that. Always a fan of new weapons too! I'm hoping that that map is at least as large as Fallout 3, I don't see any reason it shouldn't be but it's hard to tell. Does anyone know where a map can be seen? Even just a rough idea of the map would suffice.

Also, is anyone going to try out the hardcore mode (I think that's what it's called). Your ammo weight is taken into consideration and you can carry considerably less equipment. Also, you NEED to stay hydrated and eat. At least, I think that's what I read about it...should be a challenge. Fun nonetheless.

Finally, I really need Elder Scrolls V...I saw a video of it on youtube, or what was supposed to be a video of some of the gameplay in testing BUT...you really can't trust youtube videos. All I know is that IF those vids were real...WOW. I mean, a giant dragon and I saw a crossbow I think. Great graphics too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join