It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Humans create dimensional being with mere thought?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Have you read anything [fiction] by Robert Holdstock ?

robertholdstock.com...

He builds a world, such as you speculate upon, (although you'll find that the world goes on to become more of a backdrop to the characters in the tales, than the central character of the tale itself, which is absolutely in no way a criticism, I have found very much in these stories ...).

"Mythago Wood" starts the story, followed by "Lavondyss" and "The Hollowing". "The Bone Forest" also has a short story about this world).
He has written quite widely beyond this too.

"Every folkhero and legend who had ever been known in English history had an analog, or mythago, residing in the woods, whose very existence was tied, not to belief in the legend, but simply to the imagination of the surrounding minds."

Quote taken from www.sfsite.com...

[edit on 6-6-2004 by 0951]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
If i imagined hard enough and concentrated i would create a living being?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I wish I could think hard enough to conjure some money, because man...I'm broke.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namtar
I wish I could think hard enough to conjure some money, because man...I'm broke.

aye that would be great

Also maby a nice car house n perfect girlfriend

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I definately believe that humans have the capacity to 'create' things or beings with out thoughts.

Thoughts are energetic, just as everthing else in this tiny universe that we live in...
I do believe that this will be the science of the future. Its the bandwagaon- Jump on it!

Heather

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
not that i'm against haveing another form of beings on our planet or in the universe ,but if people create beings and loose controle (like one of the people that posted before me described someone else doing) then whats stopping the rest of the entities we create from loosing controle too. and you know that if someone decides to post information about creating new life forms then the wrong people might get it (eg people that arnt capable of controleing them or have bad entintions) and doom us all in the long run. if anyone reads this and discovers a method and decides to share the information be sure that the people getting the information are qualified and deserve to know how its done i dont want things to end up like they died for dave inthe space oddysy (its a movie from around 40 to 50 years ago i believe the whole title is "2001 a space oddysey" its a very intristing movie i recomend it)

~JDF

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join