Ok as I have stated in a previous post I am covering the “who the great pyramids were build for” part of this research project.
Something which I am very excited about as this is a subject that i find extremely interesting.
Now the great pyramids of Egypt are some of the most mysterious and astounding pieces of human achievement ever to be discovered.
It is believed they was built over a 20 year period which seriously begs the question, who put in the time to build them, and who exactly was they
So firstly I’m just going to establish some key figures around the time of the building of the great pyramid’s and a small biography about those
people and what they have done, aswell as family, and achievement's to try and gain a better understanding of them.
- Son Sneferu, out of Meresankh I
- Wife, Queen Meresankh I
Son - Sneferu
- unknown, possibly Maidum
- Pyramid at Maidum, (finished by Sneferu) Elephantine Island Fort
- Father Huni out of Meresankh I
- Son Khufu out of Hetepheres I
- Father Huni
- Meresankh I
- Khufu out of Hetepheres, Nefer-maat, a vizier, mother unknown, Kanefer, a vizier, mother unknown
- from his first queen (unknown): Nefermaat, Rahotep, Ranofer, unknown child
from Queen Hetepheres: son Khufu
from third queen: Kanefer, Ankh-haf
- Dashur. It is assumed that he was buried in the Red Pyramid, as the mummy of a middle-aged man was found in the burial chamber.
- Red Pyramid, Dashur, Bent Pyramid, Dashur, Pyramid of Maidum, Seila Step Pyramid
- Father Sneferu, out of Hetepheres I
- Son, Djedefre
possibly succeed by an older son, Kauab, who was usurped by Djedefre, a younger son by a lesser wife
- Father, Sneferu
- Hetepheres I
- Kauab, out of a Meritates
- Khafre, out of Queen Henutsen
- from Queen Meritates: Kauab, Hor-Djedef, Hetepheres II, Meres-ankh II, from Henutsen: Rekhaf (later Khephren) Khufu-khaf from
unknown mother: Re-Djedef (who would succeed as Djedefre) Hor-baf (possibly the unattested king Bakare) and Khamernebti I
- The Great Pyramid at Giza
- Great Pyramid at Giza, Mortuary Temple at Giza, Queen's Pyramids at Giza, Solar Boat (near Pyramid of Giza)
- Father Khufu, out of a libyan consort, May also have usurped the throne by killing his older half-brother Kauab.
- Younger half-brother Khafre (who may have murdered him)
- Father Khufu
- an unknown Libyan consort
- Hetepheres II, also married to Kauab
- Setka, Baka, Hernet out of Khentetenka
- Neferhetepes out of Khentetenka
- Abu Roach pyramid
- Pyramid at Abu Rowash, Sphinx at Abu Rowash
- Half-brother Djedefre (as a younger son, he was required to wait out the reign of Djedefre)
- son, Menkaure
- Father, Khufu
- Meres-ankh III (daughter of Kauab and Hetepheres II)
- Khameremebty I , possibly his half-sister
- Nebemakhet, Misuerre, Khenterka, Duaenre out of Meresankh III, Menkaure out of Khameremebty, Nikawre, Sekhemkare
- Khameremebty II out of Khamerenebty
- Shepsestkau, outo f Meresankh III
- Pyramid at Giza
- Pyramid at Giza, The Great Sphinx, Valley Temple at Giza
Ok so after establishing some of the key figures around the time of the great pyramids and there family life’s, burial places etc. I will be digging
deeper in my future posts to try and show the exact motives for the building of the great pyramids.
Some helpful link's I used to learn more about the key figures I highlighted above.
Helpful Link 1
Helpful Link 2
Helpful Link 3
Helpful Link 4
Helpful Link 5