It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Arent We Jumpy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

Just found this.

I would say we are most definately going to get hit soon.

I sure hope not..

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
That short warning did its job. To keep people in fear.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Law enforcement officials in two or three unidentified cities had been warned of intelligence that indicated the prospect of an attack during the next 24 hours,

Here's a story with a bit more detail:
Seattle PI

Including "Further analysis determined the warning unfounded and the potential target was probably outside the United States, the bureau said."

What I want to know is .... how can you mix US cities up with cities outside the US? How many Clevelands/Detroits/Dallases/Phoenixes/whatever are there?
Sheesh.

-B.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

Law enforcement officials in two or three unidentified cities had been warned of intelligence that indicated the prospect of an attack during the next 24 hours,

Here's a story with a bit more detail:
Seattle PI

Including "Further analysis determined the warning unfounded and the potential target was probably outside the United States, the bureau said."

What I want to know is .... how can you mix US cities up with cities outside the US? How many Clevelands/Detroits/Dallases/Phoenixes/whatever are there?
Sheesh.

-B.

Here Here

It is very true how do you mix up USA with Iraq or wherever, i want to be the first to say i am going to sleep better now i know we are secure.

Leigon...........Out!

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Oh how about this quote

"Rep. Christopher Cox, R-Calif., chairman of the Homeland Security Committee, said he found it regrettable that Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge wasn't with Ashcroft for the news conference and suggested that there had been poor coordination between the agencies." www.washingtontimes.com...

Now what i want to know is we are STILL having communication problems in national security??

Anyone???

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Anyone who has been at ATS for longer than two cycles of "US mainland terrorism warnings" - who can't see through their transparency to the BS behind them and the people making the announcements - needs some remedial school. Unfortunately Washington Times and Fox News are not providers.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
at this point the warnings are doing more damage then good...people dont take then seriously..and when there is an attack no one is going to take the warning to heart becuase Bush and his admins cant figure out whats real and what isnt

i tend to think the warnings are more to watch their own asses rather then watching americas

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I agree, throw a terrorist attack warning out there every few months just so they can say "told ya so" if one ever hits.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If I were American, I'd be more scared of the inability of govt officials to agree than of the threat itself...

I mean, Ashcroft and Ridge's respective departments *do* share info... right?

VzH

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
That short warning did its job. To keep people in fear.

Right !

Let me tell you something,

Bush is Bush thanks to terrorism !
- Patriot Act - limitation of freedoms
- war in Afghanistan
- Guantanamo - violation of Geneva convention
- war in Iraq

I will not be surprised, if all this was only an invention in order to help the president for the polls.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I think they just get bad info. You've got some people saying this and that is gonna happen, and the intelligence people get some corroborating evidence, next thing you know we have a warning.

You anti-Bush people can't have it both ways, either they are trying to keep the populace scared, they trying to cover their butts, or is to desensitize people?, because I think, as someone else said, the warnings are having the opposite effect, people are now going to ignore them. Americans have the attention span of a gnat with ADD. They (Government) have to know constant warnings with no capture of terrorists or incidents, simply reduce the threats given to normal hum drum sky-is-falling rants by the government.

I think you are all over looking the obvious non-conspiracy related issue, and that is our intelligence service is pretty shiitty when it comes to human intelligence (humint) gathering. We are relying on unreliable people. It isn't complicated conspiracy, its incompetence. It will be years of hard work before we get the kind of solid people undercover and in place to be useful.

IMHOA

Variable

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Sheesh.

-B.

Banshee, think about it. No matter how good the intentions may be, the government is still the government. The really smart people are in the private sector making money. These guys are average - at best!

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If we get hit, throw all arabs into concentration camps. Like the japs in WW2.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Uhhh Freedom Fighter...please tell me you are kidding right?!! That is a terrible thing to say!

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by VzH
I will not be surprised, if all this was only an invention in order to help the president for the polls.

"Ain't no terror threat unless approval ratings slumpin'."-Paris

(Please ignore the grammatical errors in the above quote.)

new topics

top topics

join