It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

67 year old man beats the hell out of thug on bus

page: 44
<< 41  42  43   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

In truth, the video is none of that. It is not the culture war writ small and fought on a bus. It is just two people in need of help; one with alcohol problems and the other with severe mental illness.

While I agree with you that this is about two people fighting on a bus, I think you have to willfully overlook a lot of the video to pretend this isnt about racial tension.

FHB took offense and began making comments presumably because of his feelings about racism. Whether or not EBM actually said anything with racist overtones is up to debate, but I doubt it. He is ex military, and spit shining is what you do to dress shoes in the military, and, he seemed genuinely perplexed at what FHB was going on about.

Granted, in many of the follow up videos, he does show some signs of mental instability, but we dont need that to see for ourselves what happened on that bus. Mentally unstable or no, he did nothing wrong. He certainly did nothing to instigate the racist crap that came from other people on the bus (the girl shouting "beat his white ass") Her comments were pure malice, and racially charged. Is she mentally challenged too? Doubtful. She is just nasty and mean. One could argue that EBM's actions were even more commendable BECAUSE he clearly has some mental issues. He still had the presence of mind to walk away.

I agree with Poet that there are those who are just tired of a "history of racism" on the parts of a made up homogeneous group of "whites" (which falsely assumes that all whites are in cahoots or agreement, or even share the same history) against everyone non-white and that this justifies bad behavior on the part of every non-white person when they lash out at whites. It doesnt. Every individual human being, no matter what color, is responsible for their own actions. Not the actions of others who happen to look like them, or talk like them, their own actions. And, furthermore, your claim to victim status is also restricted to your own experience. You do not get to co-opt the suffering or victim status of people who look like you or talk like you, and then use it as an excuse to victimize others.

I think that people like this video because one person who was acting like a racist jerk and a bully got his clock cleaned. The tables were turned, and the bully got his butt whupped. I think that appeals to a lot of people. I would be equally happy to see a video of a white supremest getting his clock cleaned by an old epic black guy.

However, I do think that the video also brings up a point that we in America have not really addressed, and that also proves to be a draw in this case. That point is, that there is a lot of racism against whites. And, it is virtually unspoken of in the media. And a lot of us dont really care to put up with it anymore. I dont want to become a racist myself in response to that racism, I think that would be a stupid thing to do. But I certainly have no sympathy for anyone who uses injustices suffered by them or persons like them as an excuse to perpetrate injustice against me. Its just time for us all to be accountable for our own actions. No excuses.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
hahaah that is just rich but only in america is a beatdown followed by "we can press charges" and "that was self defence".In our country when you whop ass or get whoped you shut your mouth and thats that.Take the beating like a man!!! I personaly would kick the face in of that woman with the camera i hate violent people
they make me violent

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I haven't read this whole thread, it's pretty long, but as soon as the guy laid his hands on the old man, all bets were off. Sorry pal, take your beating like a man.

We can press charges, I got it on video!

Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Even though this thread is largely dead, the Epic Beard Man goodness keeps coming.

(Spartan Remix)

(NES Mike-Tys.. err.. EBM Punch-out)

(EBM betrays Hitler)

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
That dark haired girl on the bus looks like she time-shifted from the 80's and isn't even aware of her surroundings? lol

I mean really, she looks like she was on a transit bus in 1986 coming back from her high spirited step-aerobics class, then her persona time-shifted to the Battle of Epic Beard Man, and she wasn't able to comprehend any of it. haha

[edit on 22-3-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
That dark haired girl on the bus looks like she time-shifted from the 80's and isn't even aware of her surroundings? lol

She was attractive though.So who cares?

[edit on 25-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I just choked on my beer when i read that ....

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This isn't the first time that old dude(Thomas Alexander Bruso) was in video. this is him at the Oakland Coliseum. www.huffingtonpost.com... i don't know how to put the vid in here so yeah.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This is the best parody I've seen on epic beard man lol..

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Nice video but this is the best of all the videos of bullys getting a** handed to them =).

www.youtube.com...

When i first watched this video i neerly wet myself laughin.
edit on 3-4-2011 by LvSLoLo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Was his bag ever returned?

top topics

<< 41  42  43   >>

join