It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysterious domes of Siberia's valley of death.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Hi,

Sounds like a great Fairy Tale which was told to the children of the area.... most probably to scare them away as the area has been used for nuke testing!!

Wouldn't be surprised that people have lost their hair or there are strange looking people living out there after nuke fallout... maybe they look so hideous that they feel too ashamed to get out and go to some place which is much better to live. You remember 'Quesi Modo' the hunchback of Notra Dame? Look what happened to him...

But.... and i say BUT very lightly, there could well be Domes or whatever out there as it is so vast and wasn't always covered in Ice!!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

I think the only way we are going to locate these boilers /cauldron domes is to follow the root along the trade lane !

from Bodaybo to Annybar

look at google earth , starting at Bodaybo and going to the laptev sea which is north ! the easiest way to get there is to travel north west to Vitimskiy then follow the river north to Zaton Viska , untilt the river becomes the Reka Lena and follow this all the way to the Laptev sea at the coast the Reka Lena travels North East from Zaton Viska , following the Reka Lena all the way to Yakutsk, then dead north to the Laptev .

The valley has to be around this trade route ! the area is mountainous and treacherous following the river would be the prefered trade route all those hundreds of years ago !

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Even though the resolution on Google Earth of the area is low, could someone post up the coordinates of the suspected area? I can't seem to get get anything up on the searches for areas or rivers. I am a GE noob.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Here is another link to Valery Uvarov's site and his findings on the Valley of Death: www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

He seems like an interesting character and that page also has a few other articles that are a good read. I do remember reading about the "valley of death" and how the indigenous people passed down tales through their oral history of a large tower descending from the sky and crashing into the ground. For days or weeks after a large pounding sound was heard as the tower buried itself, and this was the source of the fireballs that supposedly destroyed the Tunguska meteor. Almost as if Siberia has its own defense system.
All the tales of it being warm in those underground mounds and the illness afterward smacks of radiation. I also remember reading about how anyone that ventured near the holes where the tower buried itself and the exit holes for the controlled fireballs, these people didn't return. If only there were more honest tv shows or expeditions with enough funding to research these things first hand, that would be a blast.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I thought that these domes were part of an earth defense system that monitors the skies and destroys any asteroids or other objects that may impact the earth. It occasionally fires shots off into deep space to adjust trajectories or destroy objects before they become an issue. The Tunguska event may have been a case of the device destroying a very large object prior to impact in order to prevent an extinction level event.

Maybe Josh from Destination Truth will go explore these?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Think theres anybody on this board lives near that area and is willing to go exploring?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
For something that is so well documented (4 different sources in the OP). Why is it that none of them produce an actual photograph, rather than illustrations?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well this is SUPER interesting to me. I am going to do as much research as possible about this. I am in Russia often on business and have wanted to go to that part of Russia for a long time. If my research finds that there truly is a mystery about the area that is worth investigation, my health permits, and I can find a couple of people to go along I will gather some equipment (including a Geiger counter) and try to find the area. I know there are certain areas in Russia where foreigners are not allowed so that could be an issue.

Best mystery I have seen on ATS for a while.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

This is cool. This is the sort of stuff I'd be researching if I was a billionaire, screw yachts and vacation homes I'm going on expedition to Siberia

Has anyone but the locals checked on this claim? You'd think there'd be archeologists digging these things up and releasing Nat Geo documentaries and such and yet this is the first time I've ever heard of this... or do the scientists think the stories are all bunk?

I doubt they are alien but that doesn't mean they don't have one heck of an archeological tale to tell.

Star and Flag

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If you guys are really interested I urge you to check out Valery's research at the link I posted earlier. Here is a direct link to his 4 part article: www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The first part is pretty much exactly the same as the pdf gazerstar posted, but there are 3 more parts with additional information. Its quite a long read fyi, buy very interesting.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There seems to be some connections to the Tunguska event. On the second page of the story given at www.astrologycom.com...

It goes into greater detail about the history of the area and these "Freak" explosions recorded around the world.

Once some old men said that flowing in the place called Tong Duurai is a stream called Ottoamokh ("holes in the ground") and that around it there are incredibly deep openings known as "the laughing chasms". That same name also crops up in legends that state that this is the dwelling of a fiery giant who destroys everything around. Roughly every six or seven centuries, a monstrous "fireball" bursts out from there and it either flies off somewhere into the distance and (judging by the chronicles and legends of other peoples) explodes there, or it explodes directly above its exit point—as a result of which, the area for hundreds of kilometres around has been reduced to a scorched desert with shattered rocks.

This is also the source for the fiery whirlwinds that from the descriptions sound very similar to the effects of present-day atomic explosions. Roughly a century before each explosion or series of explosions, a fast-flying fiery sphere emerged from the "iron orifice" and, without causing great damage, soared upwards in the form of a thin column of fire. At the top of this, a very large fireball appeared. Accompanied by four claps of thunder in succession, it soared to an even greater height and flew off, leaving behind a long "trail of smoke and fire". Then a cannonade of its explosions sounded in the distance..

And to top it off, legends also state what is responsible for this destruction.

For a long time, the structure gave out unpleasant, ear-splitting noises and gradually diminished in height until it disappeared under the ground altogether. In place of the tall structure there was an immense, yawning, vertical "orifice". In the strange words of the legends, it consisted of three tiers of "laughing chasms". Its depths supposedly contained an underground country with its own sun that was, however, "waning". A choking stench rose
from the orifice, and so no-one settled near it. From a distance, people could sometimes see a "rotating island" appear above the opening, and this then proved to be its "banging lid". Those who were tempted by curiosity to take a closer look never returned.

Imagine that, a country deep underground that has its own sun, absolutely fantastic. www.astrologycom.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Interesting stuff. I wonder if these "laughing chasms" have any relation to the "Mel's holes" that were discussed on Art Bell a few years ago. They also allegedly appeared bottomless and had very strange paranormal properties.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
Interesting stuff. I wonder if these "laughing chasms" have any relation to the "Mel's holes" that were discussed on Art Bell a few years ago. They also allegedly appeared bottomless and had very strange paranormal properties.
On a deeper level, maybe.

In Ohio we had the "Blue Hole" that also was said to be bottomless, except this one was a natural spring in that it put forth a great amount of water, less free oxygen in the water. It was open to the public for many years until the State of Ohio closed it because handicapped access could not be acquired. Funny thing was, there were no steps to overcome. Anyways the state uses the water to breed fish, but in order to do this they must "Oxygenate" the water. Very odd situation.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

appologies for diffting off topic , but :

hi - this ohio " blue hole " ?

have the NSS [ national spelogical society ] - the american sports caving governing body , or any individual grotto [ caving club ] or indepentant cave divers actually investigated this " in depth " excuse the pun ?

or any state agency or university geology departmenrt - anyone ???

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I just found some more interesting information about Yakutia. Evidently, it has a volcanic pipe mine that produces diamonds. I wonder if the hard covering on the metallic objects is diamond dust? The Russians were exposed as artificially creating diamonds with a secret technology that no one else had discovered yet. Could they have been using nuclear technology to create them? Could the metal buildings be part of their operation? Could the 'thin black one-eyed people with clothes of iron' that the old man talked about in 1971 be Soviet guards wearing black clothing, bullet proof vests, and one hole ski masks? In that scenario, no wonder people died who got too close to the area. What do you think?

The search for diamonds focused on the Siberian plateau in Yakutia province that lay between the Lena and Yenisei rivers, which Russian geologists concluded resembled geologically the "shield" of South Africa. Both formations had remained stable for cons of geological time, and neither had been deformed or "folded" by convolutions of the earth. Since kimberlite pipes had been found on the South African shield Russian geologists theorized that they might also exist in this Yakutian shield. The first party of diamond prospectors flew into Yakutia in late 1947. The expedition was ill-prepared for the punishing environment, however, and after suffering astounding privations on the tundra, it had to be abandoned. Moscow ordered the search to be continued, regardless of cost, and the following spring more geologists were flown into the wastelands of Yakutia. They were better equipped, with X-ray diamond detectors and other sophisticated prospecting gear, and they found a few microscopic diamond traces-but no pipe. Finally, in 1953, a young Russian geologist named Larissa Popugaieva, working in her laboratory in Leningrad, noticed that the prospecting samples from Yakutia contained an increasing percentage of tiny blood-red garnets called pyropes. Since she knew such garnets had been found in kimberlite ore formations in southern Africa, she proposed that prospectors, rather than searching for diamonds, follow the trail of the garnets. She then joined the diamond-hunting expedition in Yakutia, and intrepidly tracking the garnets, managed to find their source near the Vilyul River Basin within a matter of months. It was a volcanic pipe mine she named "Thunder Flash." Unfortunately, however, the proportion of diamonds in the ore in Thunder Flash was not high enough for feasible production. Dozens of geologists, all looking for traces of blood-red garnets, then began scrutinizing the banks of the Vilyul River for more volcanic pipes (which the Russians call trubkas). In the spring, of 1955, another young geologist, Yuri Khabardin, came across a fox's hole in a ravine with blue earth. He found that it had high diamond content, and excitedly began sending a message over his shortwave radio. It said cryptically, "I am smoking the pipe of peace." In Moscow, the prearranged code was immediately understood to mean that the geologist had discovered and tested a kimberlite pipe.

The enigma of the Russian diamonds became all the more perplexing when De Beers received fragmented reports about Russian advances in high-pressure physics. Even though the specifics of the Russians' progress remained clouded in secrecy, it had become readily apparent to everyone in the diamond industry by the mid-1960s that Russian scientists had developed the technology for mass-producing synthetic diamonds for industrial purposes. Russian factories, located mainly in Kiev in the Ukraine, began to churn out a wide variety of diamond grit and other abrasives, which were offered for sale to European dealers; at international conferences, Russian technicians claimed that they had developed synthetic diamonds ten times larger than had been produced in the West.

www.edwardjayepstein.com...

[edit on 17-2-2010 by gazerstar]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Star and flag!

Excellent and intriguing post, I enjoyed very much reading it. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

appologies for diffting off topic , but :

hi - this ohio " blue hole " ?

have the NSS [ national spelogical society ] - the american sports caving governing body , or any individual grotto [ caving club ] or indepentant cave divers actually investigated this " in depth " excuse the pun ?

or any state agency or university geology departmenrt - anyone ???

I believe the answer is no, except maybe very limited dives were performed. I would have to research it again to be certain. Key word search "Ohio Blue hole". Its closed now but some of the information is still available on the net.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

The link to the article above that I posted talks about a blue hole found in Yakutia that had diamonds in it. Since the Ohio blue hole situation is questionable, it leaves much to think about doesn't it?

[edit on 17-2-2010 by gazerstar]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

its absolutely amazing what can be found even in such remote areas as this . the legend is interesting and the phtos are are even more compelling i have several theories on this as im sure alot of us are thinking the same thing here extraterrestrail related?or government military experiment?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Awesome definitely more info needed. I will have to dig on this some. I would like to know what kind of metal that is. Adamantium? That would be awesome. ^_^

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join