It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Companies Not Hiring Nicotine Users

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Really who is your company stealing from?

Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is, bigshot.

I call and raise son.

I ask again do you have a set and are you willing to make a little wager. Say a measly 1million dollars. After all your company is doing good according to you right.

Heres the wager, I lay down cigarettes cold turkey for say six months. If I do you pay me one million dollars cash.

If I smoke during this time, I pay you the million dollars.

Well, do you fold? I think you will.

You should have the assets to cover the wager. I call,**************

edited by choice.

What the other thing he was referring to was the informal network of things getting done. I know I use and abuse it every chance I get.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I don’t know where you get the info that smokers take more days off and are not as productive as non smokers. I smoked for 5 years and I never have taken a day off from work not once in 5 years. I have quit for the last year smoking cigarettes and only smoke a cigar every day after dinner. Just because a person smokes does not give anyone the right to discriminate agenst him/her. I lived and studied in the USA for 6 years and it makes me sad that an American can say it is right to not higher people because they smoke.

Honestly Sir, I don’t think you deserve to be an us citizen.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crito
Slaving your life away for a corporation is a privilege. If you don't like the rules move into the woods. Since I don't drink booze or smoke I'm all for people who do being denied employment. Fat people shouldn't be given unemployment benefits or welfare checks either. We have too many lazy people in this country who want to sit around drinking beer, smoking cigarettes and eating cheeseburgers on my dime. Let them freeze and starve to death I say.

Some people don't appreciate liberty until theirs is taken away. You should have stood up for the other guy's rights because now he won't stand up for yours.

Tiger Woods said something interesting in his confession today. He understood he was a role model and wanted to represent traditional American values of integrity and decency.

I am not sure who has integrity anymore or whether that is an American value. I know the concept of decency is rather antiquated in the world today. Just look how people feel, this post for example and this is not unusual. This is typical American sentiment.

Although it is still an honorable and good trait to have, decency toward others has not been an American value for quite awhile now.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Crito

Have you ever herd of Lymphoma it is a cancer of the lymphatic system and some forms of this cancer you gain weight collect water on on your body. Some people grow up to 400 lbs.

lymphoma

should these people be denied unemployment? Should a gay guy be denied unemployment? Should a daibetic be denied? Should someone who is mentaly handicaped be denied? Should smokers be denied? Should some one who drinks be denied? Who chooses who gets denied?

It is all about discrimanation in the end, what it all boils down to is who can tell if you smoke or not and your personal health is your personal health. No one can tell you what you can and can't do with your body in the end it is up to you to smoke or not. Discrimanation is wrong no matter how you look at it. You don't like smokers keep it to your self. Don't like fat people keep it to your self i am a big person but that dose not mean I am lazy you trow all fat people into one mold and that is not true about all fat people.

It is like say all smokers and negative smelly people, not true and general statement. Stereotyping is wrong.

As for hiering smokers I believe companies need to stay out of our personal lives and let us live the way we want.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crito
Since I don't drink booze or smoke I'm all for people who do being denied employment.

Since I'm a strict vegetarian who doesn't consume high fructose corn syrup, I would love to see those filthy meat-eaters who eat disgusting processed food lose their jobs.

Now where's my margarita?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by recycled

Do you know that both tobacco and hemp were discovered amongst the supplies left behind for various Egyptian rulers?

Did you know that nicotine is said to undamage the ravages of a calcified pineal, caused by fluoride, as well as many other modern brain dilemmas, such as adt (sorry if I got the acronym wrong..I just refuse to learn the building blocks of disease), etc.

In fact nicotine and it's effects are under a great amount of study. It seems that it may be good for restoring certain balances.

I suspect they'll have a little more on their plate than nicotine elimination, once it hits the fan for them. Short take on this...nicotine interferes with mind control games, and the other one...it renders mind control almost ineffective. Something to do with the fat deposits that are stored away each time it's 'taken'. Hence, one must be associated with having 'disease' in order to use it. You'll see. The propaganda isn't going to let up any more than the crew of a floundering vessel releases it's grip on the wheel when seas are rough. It is going to get worse before it gets better. Then, we're supposed to forgive them, so they can cue up and start it again...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join