It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We may have reached the point of no return

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Subjective Truth,

A BIG nod and stars for protecting your thread.

To the Whiners:

America, for all it ills, is the best country in the world and I am proud to say as such. Why does America have such an influx of immigration if that was the case, past, present and future?

Many are quick to blame the free-market economy and fail to see that it is that same economic system that has benefited them. There are flaws in the system, we all agree. Greed being the prime evil, but it is that greed that has flourished most of the economy’s of the world. This same free-market economy has also become a dangerous machine that needs downsizing.

Most of the ills of the world have been happen for thousands of years and they will not end tomorrow…so my question is to you complainers/whiners…what are you doing in your community to make a difference? Are you helping the less fortunate i.e. tutoring the less educated, helping the homeless, mentoring a parentless child, acting as a Boy Scout Leader, etc? If you are not…then maybe, you are also part of the problem!

Not all of the ills of the world are not caused by the United States. I know many great Americans know one hear will ever hear or read about…but are GREAT American because of the people they help in their community. Remember, all politics begins at the local (community) level and that is where change begins.

America's military trained me well...universities educated me well...!

Sorry Subjective Truth for my rant…sick of the bitching and whining about America!

Best regards,

rgseymour

[edit on 03/31/2009 by rgseymour]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by swecret

Queensryche Revolution Calling...yeah, I USED to think they had a call to rise up against the NWO...until I realized they were just trying to tell a ficticious story and sell an album.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rgseymour
I understand you concern and the news is not very comforting, but I am one who NEVER throws in the towel and I am not alone. Americans are very resilient and I feel we will live to see another day...many more as will the Greeks!

Best,

rgseymour

So lets wait few centuries ... Something like "Greece" is here fore 2.500+ years, something like USA is here for 200 years. Not to mention that I'm still awaiting The Holly trio Socrates, Plato, Aristotle made in USA TM to emerge ...
Yes, Americans maybe are resilient, but Greece people proved it during Nazi occupation and later during CIA supported right wing dictatorship. Something saying me that there will be Greece in times when USA will be forgotten entity ...

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I'm not ready to call the United States a lost cause yet, not by a long shot. Might I suggest a third alternative to the "revolution" and "fall of Rome 2" options that I hear on ATS daily:

I think the United States is loosing supremacy, not relevancy but the world is catching up in importance to America. This could be seen as good or bad depending on your viewpoint. Your decline will be more along the lines of the British Empire than Rome. You'll come home as your overseas intrigues slow down, invest less in military and more in domestic affairs. The standard of life for your citizens will not be affected too much beyond ego, though there will be some hard political choices to make.

Welcome to middle age America, it's time to settle down, relax, and focus your government on how to make life best for your people.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rg seymour

I loved your rant and I am glad you put it my thread. It really speaks to me and I agree with all of it . We need community it is the key to are long term survival. This is why they try and tear us apart every way they can. Good neighbors stick together and become an extended family.

I grew up in Utah and no I am not a Mormon. But take away the religion element and they have it right. I moved there when I was 5 and my mother became ill with breast cancer. My dad was always at the hospital we had just moved and did not know any neighbors. They heard about are problem and all the mothers would come take turns taking care of me and all the needs a 5 year old has. They knew we were not Mormon but the did it anyways. A better people I have yet to find.

The block I grew up on had 100 kids of all ages. We were like one big family the doors and refrigerators were always open. If you were over playing at a house at lunch time you were feed. Also they would all discipline you like your own mom would if you swore you would get a smack. And you if were good you would get good job or keep it up.

And just to let everyone know my mom survived and the cancer and it has not returned "knock on wood". We should all have communities like this religious or not. Also the Mormons never held it against me or pushed me to join. I lived there for 10 years. I would like to live there again some day. I love little cotton wood canyon. It is so beautiful in the fall and the valley lights at night are breathtaking.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Subjective Truth]

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad

I disagree as long as we have the constitution we will survive. It really is that simple. If we hold true to it we survive if we stray to far we will perish at the scrap heep of history. Greece has a great history and strong people. They will also survive.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Project Jimmy

Who thinks America is a lost cause? I certainly don't and I hope you don't think that was the meaning of this thread. We will survive as long as we hold true to the truths laid out by our founding fathers. If we stray to far we are toast. I think alot of people think just because bad times are coming that it means the end. I think of it like a rebirth or a return to the truth.

Real change comes from real suffering. If things are good or easy the people tend to become apathetic. That is were we are right now. We will see real change when things get bad and until then everything will stay in a the holding pattern. What I think is the hard times might be coming not the end of this great nation. Maybe I did not make that clear enough I am sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join