It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Can See The Future. The Truth About TimeSlips, Deja Vu and your Mind.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I have been researching psychics, prophects, predictions and time travel for a long time. Over the course of my research I gathered as much information as possible from books and the internet. Below is why I think that anyone can see the future by training their mind.
I will start by talking about timeslips, then deja vu, the theory that time is man-made, and scientific research from 2007 proving that anybody can see atleast 3 seconds into the future.

Wikipedia says:

"A time slip (also called a timeslip) is an alleged paranormal phenomenon in which a person, or group of people, travel through time through supernatural (rather than technological) means. As with all paranormal phenomena, the objective reality of such experiences is disputed.

CASES:

Ghosts of Versailles

One of the best-known, and earliest, examples of a time slip was reported by two English women, Charlotte Anne Moberly (16 September 1846 - 7 May 1937) and Eleanor Jourdain (1863–1924), the principal and vice-principal of St Hugh's College, Oxford, who believed they slipped back in time in the gardens of the Petit Trianon at Versailles from the summer of 1901 to the period of the French Revolution.

The Vanishing Hotel

A widely-publicised case from October 1979, described in the ITV television series Strange But True?, concerned the Simpsons and the Gisbys, two English married couples driving through France en route to a holiday in Spain. They claimed to have stayed overnight at a curiously old-fashioned hotel and decided to break their return journey at the same hotel but were unable to find it. Photographs taken during their stay, which were in the middle of a roll of film, were missing, even from the negative strips, when the pictures were developed.

Other cases

More recent reports include a series of accounts of apparent time slips in the area of Bold Street, Liverpool from the 1990s to the present day."

Could this explain why ghosts only haunt certain buildings?

Could some EVP just be the result of a time slip?

It is said that during a time slip, you feel depressed, this is the result of magnetic electric interferances.
Could this explain why ghosts create magnetic electric interferences?

What if timeslips could also go into the future?
This might also explain the Heiroglphys of airplanes and tanks from ancient Egypt.

This could explain Nostradamus predictions, as well as the book '1984,' by George Orwell.
However, some of the predictions by Nostradamus ended differently than how he had thought. Could this be because of some parallel timeline?

Deja Vu is yet to be explained by scientists, though many believe the following:

"Since the first years of the 20th century, déjà vu has been subject to serious psychological and neurophysiological research. Scientifically speaking, the most likely explanation of déjà vu is not that it is an act of "precognition" or "prophecy", but rather that it is an anomaly of memory giving the impression that an experience is "being recalled."

This explanation is substantiated by the fact that the sense of "recollection" at the time is strong in most cases, but that the circumstances of the "previous" experience (when, where, and how the earlier experience occurred) are quite uncertain. Likewise, as time passes, subjects can exhibit a strong recollection of having the "unsettling" experience of déjà vu itself, but little or no recollection of the specifics of the event(s) or circumstance(s) they were "remembering" when they had the déjà vu experience. In particular, this may result from an overlap between the neurological systems responsible for short-term memory (events which are perceived as being in the present) and those responsible for long-term memory (events which are perceived as being in the past). The events would be stored into memory before the conscious part of the brain even receives the information and processes it.

Another theory being explored is that of vision. As the theory suggests, one eye may record what is seen fractionally faster than the other, creating that "strong recollection" sensation upon the "same" scene being viewed milliseconds later by the opposite eye. However, this one fails to explain the phenomenon when other sensory inputs are involved, such as the auditive part, and especially the digital part. If one, for instance, experiences déjà vu of someone slapping the fingers on his left hand, then the déjà vu feeling is certainly not due to his right hand experiencing the same sensation later than his left hand considering that his right hand would never receive the same sensory input. Also, persons with only one eye still report experiencing déjà vu or déjà vécu (a rare disorder of memory, similar to persistent déjà vu). The global phenomenon must therefore be narrowed down to the brain itself (say, one hemisphere would be late compared to the other one)."

As for the theory wether or not Time is even real, consider what Norman McDowell thinks:

Continued in Next Post

[edit on 16-2-2010 by TimothyMartin]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

"time is a human perception because: The human body. YOUR human body is in all three of the "times"; past present and future. Look at a clock. The person you are now, in the present, in one minute will be in the past. That same person right now is one minute in the future in the future. let me rephrase that: In one minute's time the you that you are now will be in the past. The future you will become the present you and then almost instantly the past you. therefor it is the MIND, not the body, can only be in one time at once, the present. It is the mind, or the conscious, or perception that keeps ourselves seeing things in the present. Nothing else, stones, cars, even our own bodies are in only one time at once. therefor it is a perception, not a force or dimension.

for time to exist there needs to be a past a present and a future.The present is dependent on the the past, as is the future, and the future is dependent on the present. The past cannot be changed. The present is nothing but the perception of the future turning into the past. the future cannot be changed because it has not occurred, if it could be changed for instance if I flipped a coin and it was going to land on heads, but it was changed so that it would land on tails, the future still would not have changed. (If the future could change there would actually need to be an already existing situation that says this is the future, however if there were this situation, it would be known and therefor would have had to have happened already in the past. which no longer makes it the future) Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. in stopping one thing from happening you have created a new thing to happen, which is still the future. So if the future cannot be changed and the past cannot be changed and the present is virtually non-existant because there is not a measurement of time small enough to measure the present, than time is absolute. It is all inevitable from beginning to end. Time changes nothing. Time changes nothing. Change is NOT consequential through time. If anything time is only the measurement of change. What is the purpose of time? Time is very useful for us humans.

-time is the measurement of changes in energy in the universe.

-So complicated, all of it...I don't know why certain atoms are attracted to others, or why atoms even exist, or why life decided to form. Apparently it formed because a mixture of carbon and electricity, billions of years ago, on earth at least. But the purpose, why would there be life rather than not? Why not just elements?

-anyways, life could never have emerged without change. It never could have developed without change. Maybe....life did not develop the perception of time in order to evolve.

-Non living things move with energy and need not know why. Life is change. Always from its birth to death big and small life is drastic change. Life if change, time is the measurement of change, time is the measurement of life, time cannot exist without life, time only exists because life exists, life exists because change exists....why does change exist?

why does change exist?"

The mind is programed to be able to see the present and past, but if time does not exist, and everything has already happened, past, present and future are one, then we can see the future as well. We need to reprogram our minds to see the future.

An experiment was done in 2007, the full article is here: Many Scientists Convinced that Man Can See The Future

Radin became convinced that thoughts and feelings - and occasionally-actual glimpses of the future - could flow backwards in time to guide soldiers. It helped them make lifesaving decisions, often on the basis of a hunch.

He devised an experiment to test these ideas. He hooked up volunteers to a modified lie detector, which measured an electrical current across the surface of the skin.

This current changes when a person reacts to an event such as seeing an extremely violent picture or video. It's the electrical equivalent of a wince. Radin showed sexually explicit, violent or soothing images to volunteers in a random sequence determined by computer.

And he soon discovered that people began reacting to the pictures before they saw them. It was unmistakable.

They began to 'wince' a few seconds before they actually saw the image.

And it happened time and time again, way beyond what chance alone would allow.

So impressive were Radin's results that Dr Kary Mullis, a Nobel Prizewinning chemist, took an interest.

He was hooked up to Radin's machine and shown the emotionally charged images.

'It's spooky,' he says 'I could see about three seconds into the future.

Your mind has everything stored away, things that havn't even happened yet. We need to learn to access that part of the brain in order to see the future.
I do not claim to have the information how to do so, but I have seen things happen seconds before they do, and known what people would say before they said it.

Further Reading:
Can This Black Box See Into The Future?

Can Dreams Predict The Future?

Edited for updated links.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by TimothyMartin]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Your mind has everything stored away, things that havn't even happened yet. We need to learn to access that part of the brain in order to see the future.
I do not claim to have the information how to do so, but I have seen things happen seconds before they do, and known what people would say before they said it.

* this answer is from occult understanding. Do not believe what i write, for it stems from my own personal experience.

The information you say is stored away in the mind is not precise. You can, however, use it to access this information, that is commonly called, in occult language, the life plan. But for this to happen, you need a very high level of consciousness, to be able to have access to certain records in the astral plane. In these records, you can find your own life plan that you studied before you arrived in the 3rd density, and you approved of the life plan you are currently experiencing. Of course, you are denied the right (in most cases) to remember it, for it would not benefit the soul's experience.

Sometimes, people get insights into their own future. You have cited a few examples in your posts. These insights are special permissions that are allowed by guides in the astral plane, and are part of the programming you are subjected to. And of course, we have the psychics who are in position to receive trans-communications (astral merger) from entities of the astral world. But how can we tell if the information we get from these entities is 100% accurate? the answer is "We can't" because we have no knowledge of the laws governing that particular plane, and we are unable to know for sure if we're getting the correct information.

If we do, however, attain very high levels of consciousness, we do not need to access these records, for we have broken our karma link with the soul, and therefore are not subject to any form of life plan, or manipulation of any kind.

The need to know our future is a certain form of egoic insecurity, that stems from anxiety caused by manipulated thoughts we receive within the mind.

Edit to add: Intuition to its purest form would be another way to have access to some of the information, but unfortunately, not many humans know how to use it, for they have no knowledge of all the inner workings of the mind, and also have no clue of the cosmic forces involved in their own physical experience.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by lagenese]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

I practiced the occult for along time when I was younger. Now I mainly study it.

I think the information you supplied is amazing. I remember reading that we all have a choice of our existance before we are born. Who our parents will be, what problems we will face etc.

My original post was only about the facts science proved so far, which is why I didn't mention the Occult.

In my opinion, too much knowledge of the future would be boring.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TimothyMartin

Yes, too much knowledge would be boring, and would not serve the purpose of the refinement of the soul's experience. The ultimate goal for humans who are raising their levels of awareness and consciousness is to eradicate any form of manipulation of the mind, (including any life plan) from any outside source, either from visible or invisible spheres of reality. But this process brings lots of suffering for the ego, who has been conditioned for so long by his soul memory and the memory of the human race.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

It is interesting though how some are so talented in seeing the future...

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TimothyMartin

Yes, it is interesting. On a personal note, i prefer living in the present of my consciousness as much as possible. The quest for knowledge of future events may bring for some people anxiety problems or fear, which is, to my point of view, a waste of energy.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

But still, seeing the future could help you avoid some very terrible decisions...

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Reading about time sleeps always fascinates me. I really, really wish one day I could experience one myself. After all, I'm a "see it to believe it" kind of guy.

I did write down a few notes regarding some personal "visions".. and a few pieces I remembered from various dreams. So far, none of the material has come to pass.

I'd like to think that Deja Vu (while it does get me now and then) is nothing more than the product of faulty memories, events intertwined together, images we've seen before from the countless hours of TV and movie viewing. However, that's just my opinion. But there were a few times where I was almost certain I had experienced the same moment before.. or at least envisioned it when I was growing up as a kid, dreaming of my adulthood, etc.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
All this metaphysical mumbo jumbo isn't very scientific.

The passing of time is relative to a particular frame of reference. Einstein's relativity predicted this and it has been experimentally proven to be true. A clock in the top of a tall tower moves at a different speed than a clock in the bottom of the same tower. That means there's no such thing as simultaneity, a universal "now". Without "now" what remains of time? Just memories (mental records) of it passing, which are what create the illusion of an ever-forward pointing arrow. For all we know a shattered glass does indeed defy the second law of thermodynamics and reassemble itself, only to repeatedly shatter over and over again in a myriad of different ways. A photon aimed at a piece of paper with two slits travels back and forth through time going through both holes. Because we only have very vague memories of the trips back we perceive interference patterns and waves.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiQuiD_FuSioN
I'd like to think that Deja Vu (while it does get me now and then) is nothing more than the product of faulty memories, events intertwined together, images we've seen before from the countless hours of TV and movie viewing. However, that's just my opinion. But there were a few times where I was almost certain I had experienced the same moment before.. or at least envisioned it when I was growing up as a kid, dreaming of my adulthood, etc.

From my personal experience, I will say that it's definitely NOT the generic scientific explanation of faulty memories of images we've seen before.

I get deja vu about once every month. And there were many, many times where the things I see are completely original. It's like I can see into the future. I can predict exactly what a person is going to do and say. And no, it's not like I predict it - it's more like I am seeing a movie that I have already seen before - EXACTLY second by second, frame by frame - original experiences that I experience for the very first time.

I remember my very first deja vu happened when I was about ... 7 or 8 years old. My family took a trip to somewhere we have never been to before. But I told my mom "Weren't we just here yesterday?" I swear I had been to that place the day before and at that time - I really believed it 100%. But now thinking about it .. it's impossible because we rarely take trips and there was no way we'd go there two days in a roll.

So I am pretty sure it is not faulty memory explanation. My longest deja vu lasted for about 1 minute. There's no way my brain comes up with 1 minute worth of content from my memories.

Anyways, I am more interested in how I can access this ability to benefit my life though. Because as of now, they happen randomly.

top topics

join