It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyquake in Uruguay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Have you ever read anything like this?

An earthquake in the sky?

I wonder if this is a new kind of event or it exist a long time ago. Never read it before.
I read it at a portal from Montevideo, Uruguay and found it very strange.
It says that "there is no scientific explanation".

I have not found an english page about it, so I'll give the original link and google translation from the portal:

Original

Google Translation

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I remember threads like this popping up every so often on ATS. I'm sure if you google skyquake you'll find them. I really don't know what they are...I've never heard or felt them.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Op, and others, check out this specific part from the source

" The "Cielomoto" does not seem to have wide acceptance in the scientific community, although it has been given to all kinds of pseudoscientific speculation level, even to the rage among those seeking conspiracy theories. Las explosiones misteriosas en el cielo de este tipo, como las que se sintieron ayer, han llevado a que muchos aseguren que se trata de proyectos gubernamentales para controlar las condiciones atmosféricas (altamente improbable en nuestro país teniendo en cuenta la infraestructura de la Dirección Nacional de Meteorología) o directamente lo achaquen a la ufología. The mysterious explosions in the sky like this, as they felt yesterday, have led many to ensure that these are government projects to control atmospheric conditions (highly unlikely in our country taking into account the infrastructure of the National Meteorology) and I chalked it directly to ufology. "

The writer doesn't think HAARP could have been used because this took place in Uruguay? lmao It's funny the writer even mentions it. Mr Ventura and the ATS are at least getting weather manipulation ideas out to the sheeple.
This is extraordinary stuff, more weather stuff for the ATS weatherpeople, though like the other poster said it's been on here before.
I just find it peculair the writer mentions conspiracy theories and HAARP.
And then says it's unlikely due to the fact that Uruguay is far away from HAARP's source.
This writer knows we talk alot about weather manipulation, but he doesn't know the theories behind it. He's no ATS member/lurker

HAARP can play with the sky anywhere, right ?

This whole thing sounds to me like big thunder anyway.

Read the link I quoted from the OP's source if you are confused. It's all in English. I don't know why some of this got translated back into Spanish.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The writer mentions government projects that control the weather. Not HAARP, though that's what we on the ATS think HAARP does. Some of us here think that.
I did not mean to actually use the word HAARP as the writer does not specifically say that word.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pterra

Ive never heard of sjkyquakes before

To me, the sky looks like its covered by storm clouds, or there are embedded cumulonimbus clouds within it.

I really think its just thunder

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Mr weather beat me to it r, skyquakes is thunder especially with cumulonimbus clouds, was there a cold front moving in that day? perhaps the clouds being anvil shaped?, anyways there has been thunder so loud its shaken our entire house and broken glass

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have noticed that many sky quakes happen in coastal cities and during cloudy weather or temperature inversions.

I believe these conditions create a tunnel effect that transmits sound for 100s of miles or more.

We get a lot of them on the Calif coast.
and they also happen off the coast of Florida, Outer Banks, VA and the coast of the UK.

I believe this tunneling effect can amplify and transmit sounds of supersonic jets, lighting and other load noises many times further then they would normally travel.

I know that under these same conditions radio signals travel further then normal. i have had low power 2 way radios that on shore would not get through across town.
These same radios would transmit to stations a 100 miles or more across water.
The only difference between sound waves and radio waves is frequency.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Here's what the site says about it , Oz, and other weatherpeople, and I have translated it a bit differently than Goggle did. Accurately IMHO, though I've done it as a human would, not a mahcine. I've pasted it in Spanish first so I could look at it and then translate it. The English follows.
"Cielomoto", una compresión de gases en la atmósfera que se relaciona con las condiciones climáticas de los últimos días. En inglés se le conoce como "Skyquake" y es percibido de vez en cuando en otras zonas del mundo (por ejemplo, en San Diego, Estados Unidos, en abril del 2006).

A compression of gases in the atmosphere that relates to the climatic conditions of the last (few) days. In English it is known as a Skyquake and is/was perceived(also perceivable) in other regions/zones of the world, for example in San Diego, USA, in april of 2006

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I have noticed that many sky quakes happen in coastal cities and during cloudy weather or temperature inversions.

That is true.

Where I live at the moment they test bombs and stuff. The military personnell always call to ask what heigh the inversion is at, as it can determine the distance of the shockwave and soundwave

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I live in Uruguay...close to the coast...Didnt feel anything, at all.. I dont watch the news much but I havent heard anything...

The article says that some say it was because of the gases in the atmosphere, someone else says it was a plane that brokw the sound barrier, but no convincing explanation.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Romii]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
well i think that its pretty much covered. thunder it most likely is.

the picture is a dead giveaway of a CB base (bottom of a cloud, not a base like military base...), and with that comes... well... thunder.

thanks OZ for the heads up on the thread!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
That's a catchy name, skyquake! Really though, I don't really see how it is compared to an earthquake, since an earthquake is the earth's tectonic plates grinding up on each other. I don't think tectonic plates are in the sky...

But yes, I have experienced thunder that has shaken buildings I've been in. It's pretty crazy stuff.

new topics

top topics

join