It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Vegetable Abuse Sign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Local story for me which I found hilarious! This sign is just a few miles from my house.

It's an ad for an "adult gift" shop...big cucumber with the words "Stop Vegetable Abuse"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/befc98635e22.jpg[/atsimg]

At least one parent called the billboard highly offensive.
Rebecca Blake spotted the billboard one Sunday as she headed to church with four teenagers in the back of her car. Stunned by the seemingly harmless billboard, Blake e-mailed NBCDFW. "We saw a big billboard with a cucumber on it and a face and it said 'Stop vegetable abuse,'" she said. "My daughter Sara said, 'What's that? Stop vegetable abuse?'"
Billboard Sparks Controversy Beneath the frowning cartoon cucumber were two web addresses, www.condomstogousa.com and www.sarassecret.com, both shops that sell lingerie and adult novelties. For Blake, the PG image of a cucumber took on a rated-R meaning.
"For them to have to be exposed to something like that in a very public place is just uncalled for and offensive," said Blake.

Source Story

Meanwhile Dallas has billboards all over advertising strip clubs with chicks bending over looking back at you, etc...

join