It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Lie of the week!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Lie: There has never been as much emphasis and resources brought against AL-Qaeda. The success rate exceeds anything that occurred in the last administration...The president of the United States is prosecuting the war against AL-Qaeda with a vigor that's never been seen before. It's real, it's deep, it's successful.---VP Joe Biden, whose confusion is real, deep, and seen quite frequently www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

That remark by Biden sounds like something you would expect to hear in a stand-up comedy routine.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Hahaha doesn't it

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
They just completed a 15,000 troop assault. I do think that is significant. Although, Biden does have a funny way of putting things.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm not sure you're in a position to say that's a lie.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Really so you are denying that Biden and Obama have been against a surge and said it would never work and you are denying the Bush Administrations surge and success's in Iraq? this is a prime example of one Administration taking credit for another success's

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight

I'm not sure you're in a position to say that's a lie.

Seriously? Here is evidence of Biden opposing the surge before he supported it www.breitbart.tv...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Not sure that's related to this.

The surge was in Iraq, which wasn't the actual main front against AQ.

The real front is Afghanistan/Pakistan.

And Obama seems to have done a LOT more in relation to those to places.

So yeah, not sure that's a lie.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

So waiting 7months make a decision to send half the troops general Mccrystal(pardon the poor spelling) requested and taking a soft stance on terrorism in general IE: Having Napolitano renaming terrorists and acts of terrorism and the white house reading Miranda right's to terrorists in Guantanamo and limp noodle responses to the war on terror they have offered make it true? respectfully sir i disagree with you....

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

The shoe bomber was also mirandized.

Sending those troops increased the number in AG, increased means MORE.

And we're doing more, by all accounts in Pakistan.

So more more more.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

Uhm sir respectfully i do know what i am talking about and terrorists shouldn't be mirandized seeing as they are not American citizens and its a mockery of the justice system but that's another story, but you are more then welcome to your opinion and to of course disagree i just post the assertion and cite the sources

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Again, you're referring to Obama being worse, the whole original post was a comparison you thought was absurd.

I am saying that if you do the ACTUAL comparison you see that what Biden is saying is accurate.

That's my whole point.

Biden was making a comparison, it seems fairly apparent it wasn't a lie.

You tried to drag an unrelated comment Biden made into it. I showed you how it was unrelated.

That makes me think you're being partisan, which is often a synonym of dishonest.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeroeffect
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Really so you are denying that Biden and Obama have been against a surge and said it would never work and you are denying the Bush Administrations surge and success's in Iraq? this is a prime example of one Administration taking credit for another success's

A) The US is now chasing Al-Qaeda in A-stan....they were not an issue in Iraq.
B) Success in Iraq? Who's doing stand-up now?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

still kind of deflects the question and leaves it without answer and yes maybe pointing out the obvious again might clear things up a bit more?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I strongly urge you to read these two articles.

So far as I know, every terrorist suspect that's been captured since 9/11 has been mirandized once they were in custody.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Yeah thanks for that but that was clearly a Liberal website created to tell us stupid conservatives our criminal justice system is more reliable to the fact these terrorist dbags are WAR CRIMINALS who aren't US citizens and do not deserve our constitutional rights

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeroeffect
reply to post by links234

Yeah thanks for that but that was clearly a Liberal website created to tell us stupid conservatives our criminal justice system is more reliable to the fact these terrorist dbags are WAR CRIMINALS who aren't US citizens and do not deserve our constitutional rights

I would venture to say that the greatest aftershock of the Iraq adventure is an inability...or a reluctance...to ascertain exactly who and what a war criminal actually is. I'm thinking a lot of the previous administration is presently considering 'staycations', as their legal status is in serious question.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

well maybe as a Canadian you might need a refresher of the American legal system or just citizenship standards and what constitutes an American citizen

new topics

top topics

join