It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck, former 9/11 truther

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
For the next time you see Glenn Beck criticizing 9/11 truthers, or people who question their government.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ug. I usually stay out of these sorts of discussions, but, jeez, what a *bleepity* *bleepity* hypocrite!

What really gets me is he feels that people should be railroaded out of positions just becuse of their opinion on things. UG.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I believe he is really a conspiracy theorist that is too worried about his job. Either that or he said those things to get into the initial TPM.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by ExPostFacto]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

If I recall correctly he was going to do a story on the "FEMA Death camps" I remember hearing him say that I have evidence and I cannot debunk the fact that they don’t exists, when in fact they do... Then after that nothing for a few weeks then he comes out when a weak video form Popular Mechanics that proves nothing....

So I think they may have got to him.... Or they don’t exists. But if he "use to be a truther" then it is possible they do get to him.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Former alcoholic....former truther. We live, we learn....all forgiven.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

Beck supports more of the same in Texas.

What a FAKE, it sickens me that those that consider themselves "conservatives" can't see through this guy....

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

This doesn't surprise me one bit.

Fox influencing a Congressional Race ?

Just wait till the Beck Bobble Heads show up.

The man is a POS.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
The man is a POS.

Was it really necessary to so vehemently insult POS'???

(Even they don't want to be compared to this guy!)

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
He probably went through some type of re-programming by the powers that be.

Q: Does anyone know if he has had any dealings while eating pretzels?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
I believe he is really a conspiracy theorist that is too worried about his job. Either that or he said those things to get into the initial TPM.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by ExPostFacto]

I agree, I think he secretly believes 9/11 is an inside job and he only says he isn't to stay on the air. He is massively popular and I don't think he can risk such negative PR yet ... I think he will admit it eventually though ...

Of course I could be wrong, it's just a feeling I get ...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
He works for FOX "News."

Enough said.

Plus anyone that can read anything into other people can see he's just a big crybaby.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You can't, or shouldn't, trust anyone who's opinion is directly tied to their career.

This includes politicians, journalists, radio hosts...

Never use these people to form your opinions, find the truth for yourself if you really want to know. Taking what someone else tells you and using it to form your opinions is not thinking for yourself, even if you think you agree with it.

These people exploit the populations laziness, and then you get the angry idiots who think they're informed spouting BS everywhere and missing the real problems they're facing...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Question.. One i have been thinking about for a while now..

Does it really matter what person believes in the CT versions of 9/11?

Really, the main objective should be to find the truth.. You don't see Sherlock homes and Watson saying well you was tweets friend back in the 1300's so you cant hang with me..

Really all that should matter in the end is that the truth might come out and people will pay for what they did.. Thats all we want anyway right?

I dont see why it matters if Rosie, or AJ, or sheen, or whatever they name as some idiot of the week, we should just get to the end of the story like everything else.

Anyway I don't like beck or rush or quinn or any of them other people.. They talk one thing and do another complete different thing..

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Oh my God, I actually kind of agree with you. The average talking head is usually concerned only with ratings and the ability to sell his/her opinion. If Beck, et al thought there was any percentage in being a truther he would go there, but he can read the numbers and knows that its a dead-end. Which, in a way, kind of tells you something.

I don't neccessarily lump in journalist and politicians. In the end politicians have to produce something for their constitutents and journalist must eventually relay facts which can be checked.

The radio and TV opinion people are personalities that target an audience and either try to expand it or more deeply exploit it. Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, etc. could probably widen their audience by playing a litttle closer to reality, however, they need the dedicated listner to pawn their other junk.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
If Beck, et al thought there was any percentage in being a truther he would go there, but he can read the numbers and knows that its a dead-end. Which, in a way, kind of tells you something.

You say that now, but I bet suddenly popularity wouldn't mean anything at all when YOU are in the minority. And over the past 9 years 9/11 conspiracy theories haven't exactly gone extinct, and many scientific surveys/polls (including at least 2 Zogby's) have shown the population calling for re-investigation of 9/11 (that we have not been told the whole truth) is either the clear majority or else a very significant fraction of the population (ie 1/3), depending on the specific poll.

They don't just tailor to popular opinion btw. They play off of popular ideas but their real use to the corporations that own them is to create popular opinion by TELLING YOU what "most people" are worried about, thinking about, etc., and it's all bull. Nobody really gives a damn what Britney Spears or Tiger Woods is doing, as a blatant example of their misdirection and journalistic irresponsibility, until they shove it in our face for a week straight, and then of course people are going to start talking about it. That's what they're best at. Then even if a debate erupts as to whether or not this crap is newsworthy in the first place, it's STILL distracting us. The people who control mass media wield a lot of power, and it's not a democracy in what they choose to report, and what they don't, or even how they report issues. Companies like GE own these companies, and GE also produces weapons for our military. That is what's called a "conflict of interest."

You know one of the reasons the Nazis and Hitler were so popular is because Nazis commandeered so much of their mass media and just started pouring out propaganda that immediately began shaping public opinion. Every single sheep in this country looks to it to see what they're supposed to be bah'ing about.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

You know one of the reasons the Nazis and Hitler were so popular is because Nazis commandeered so much of their mass media and just started pouring out propaganda that immediately began shaping public opinion.

I have to respectfully disagree with this popular myth. The nazis came to power long before they had control of the mass media because they had a popular message. Hitler didn't convince anyone in Germany to hate Jews, anti-semitism was alive and well, he simply expolited it. If he told everyone to hate people that were left-handed then it would have never caught on without regard to control of the media, the spark has to be there first and then you throw on the gas and the kindling. Having control of the media simply stops people from putting out the fire.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
I have to respectfully disagree with this popular myth. The nazis came to power long before they had control of the mass media because they had a popular message.

How exactly was this message spread to the masses?

Did the Nazis go door to door?

Hitler didn't convince anyone in Germany to hate Jews, anti-semitism was alive and well, he simply expolited it.

Jew-hating actually isn't how the Nazis won their political campaigns, believe it or not.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

As I recall, and it has been a while since I have refreshed on this subject, there was a great deal of angst and frustration in the country because of the global depression and the fact that they were under military and economic sanctions due to their actions in WWI. Hitler capitalized on this by pointing out the people that were doing well.. a typical populist move...and demonizing them. The ones who were doing well at the time were, among other groups, Jews. They were easy targets. But, as I recall, Hitler gravitated towards targetting them because of issues in his childhood as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This guy is a total tool.

Did anyone watch him on CNN/Headline News (cant remember) before this?

He is an entertainer to a bunch of morons daily, but I am guessing some take his word to heart.

Plus as someone else said - he works for FOX NEWS. Get real.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

That's fine but it doesn't answer my question about what medium Hitler and the Nazis were using to reach masses of people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join