It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia tells Greece gas pipeline can help finances

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Russia tells Greece gas pipeline can help finances

www.etaiwannews.com

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has assured Greece that a major gas pipeline project will help it recover from its debt crisis by boosting state revenues, but has not publicly suggested any possible aid from Moscow.

Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou ended a two-day trip to Moscow Tuesday by promising the Kremlin that Greece's economic mess wouldn't sink the South Stream pipeline project.

The pipeline, set for 2015, would carry Russian gas to Europe under the Black Sea.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
First Goldman Sachs supports Greece by increasing their debts to such a level that they can't handle it anymore. Then Russia comes along and tells Greece their gas pipelines can help them get out of this mess.

Don't tell me Greece is also part of the extended Great Game!

Is it possible that Europe (and I'm a European) prefers to side with Russia than with the US? After all Europe would do anything to avoid US hegemony. However, Russia is still within Europe, so that's still acceptable.

On the other hand, this could be the road to encouraging Russia (and therefore also Ukraine and why not the other former Soviet states) to join the EU.

www.etaiwannews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

First Goldman Sachs supports Greece by increasing their debts to such a level that they can't handle it anymore. Then Russia comes along and tells Greece their gas pipelines can help them get out of this mess.
reply to post by MightyAl

How altruistic of them!!
.... But we are stupid of course and can't see the game... TPTB have got so blatant and obvious with their eveil schemes just of late!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Considering that a bomb has just exploded outside the J.P. Morgan offices in Athens, it simply doesn't surprise me.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I blame it on Jacob Rothschild and his good Russian oligarch friend Oleg Deripaska. Rothschild, Peter Mandelson and George Osborne were hanging out together at Rothschild's villa in Corfu, a Greek Island.

I could also connect it to the Bilderberg meeting, which Peter Mandelson and George Osborne attended in 2009 in Athens. They did have a bunch of Greek financiers at the meeting. So was this planned?

Who knows for sure, but who is Oleg Deripaska anyway?

Well, according to Wikipedia...

Deripaska is the sole owner and CEO of Basic Element, a diversified investment company established in 1997, with assets in Russia and abroad.

Basic Element's main assets are concentrated in six sectors - energy, resources, manufacturing, financial services, construction and aviation.

Deripaska's estimated fortune was $28 billion in 2008, according to the Forbes wealthiest list, making him the 9th richest man in the world.

Recently France also has been offering military armoured vehicles (and helicopters apparently) to Russia, as you can read anywhere in the news. And maybe you didn't know that Sarkozy is close friends with the Rothschilds also:

The Guardian article about Sarkozy & Rothschild tells you:

In the past, Sarkozy has admitted contacting his friends, who also include Edouard de Rothschild, chief shareholder in the left-leaning daily Libération, to complain when reports have troubled him.

Now to Germany. I don't know anything about Merkel's relationship with the Rothschilds (but I'd be naive to think they have no influence in Germany - the country where they come from), but the main point is that she does enjoy trade with Russia:

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has urged EU Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso and Czech Prime Minister Mirek Topolanek, whose country currently holds the six-month rotating EU presidency, to back the planned Nord Stream gas pipeline linking Russia and Germany via the Baltic Sea.

Source: Weekly Standard

So as you can see Europe enjoys a fair relationship with Russia, while the US abhors (or pretends to abhor) a military trading relationship with Russia.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MightyAl
I blame it on Jacob Rothschild and his good Russian oligarch friend Oleg Deripaska. Rothschild, Peter Mandelson and George Osborne were hanging out together at Rothschild's villa in Corfu, a Greek Island.

Do not mistake being acquaintances and business partners. Derispaska is loyal to only one faction, and that is what kept his oligarch empire from falling out of favor of the Russian government like many others have. He has backing among the Russian siloviki and the new "lawyer oligarchs". While he strives to maintain good relations with Western businesses and interest groups, he will always be on somebody else's leash - somebody higher up in the Russian political foodchain. He may in fact be no more than somebody's fat wallet.

I think you are putting too much weight on the Rothschilds conspiracy and the alleged strings that they pull. Even if they have much sway left, it doesn't extend to certain places, and Deripaska occupies one of these places.

new topics

top topics

join