It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Glitches

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Griefo

Wow that has befounded me!!!

seriously strange!!!!

My views are that reality glitches are a side effect of Bernards Watch

Nice thread

D.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by dainja]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Here is something really strange that happened to me : When I was 8, me and a friend was going to to visit the pigs in the pig pen on his farm. The pen had an electrical fence around it. I jumped over the fence, and the "loop" on my shoe lace was around the lowest metallic string in the fence. The string was solid from corner to corner on the fence, and it went through my shoelace... After alot of electrical shocks, and frantic untying, I got loose. Me and my friend remember this clearly, and I cant see how that is possible. Probably not the greatest story in this thread, but it was the first thing that popped into my head. First post btw

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dainja

Thanks ,I'd never even heard of Bernard's Watch before..

As for myself there have been plenty of strange glitches
that I've noticed and sometimes accidentally encountered.

At one point I found a book containing images
that appeared to be of every living organism in the galaxy
and I showed this book to my family and friends
before putting it back where I found it.

When I tried to find the book again a bit later on ,
it had completely disappeared and I never saw it again since.

My family and friends couldn't have taken it because
they weren't around when I put it back
and I didn't go far after putting it in there.

But no matter how I searched ,it never appeared again.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
One day while at college, me and a friend decided to walk from our campus to the next one (something we had never done before, but I've done hundreds of times since).

The walk between our campus and the other one took us around 30-40 mins, with us casually chatting along the way. Upon realising the time we decided to walk back (lessons where starting within the next 30 mins).

As before we where casually chatting and took the exact same route, however this time it took us less than 5 mins.

The road is completely straight and having made this route hundreds of times since that day (I had lessons on that campus the following years) there is no way the walk could have taken 30-40 mins, hell, we could probably crawl it in close to that time.

We where both completely dumbfounded by this and still have no idea what happened.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I want to share an experience I had a few years back which I think fits perfectly under this thread, and see if anyone has any thoughts on the matter?

It was about 2 in the afternoon in the middle of summer about 5 years ago and i was staying at my cousins house, I'd stayed awake all night watching films on his computer and Colin had been awake for about 3 hours, I mention this to off set the idea that we might of been in similar frames of mind and that might of had some effect on it.

We were chatting away as i was watching him doing some brief tidying before we got ready to go out for the afternoon, at one point he was in the middle of picking a coat up from the floor and about to hang it on a hook when suddenly everything went black (Note it was a sunny day with the curtains wide open in brightly lit room) and when i say "black", I mean lack of everything, I was standing in a complete void for about 3 seconds, I didn't even feel like i was standing on a floor, but it caught me so off guard, I didn't really have time to think about it much before reality snapped back and Colin stumbled face first into the wall. I was kinda in too much shock to say anything af first. After regaining his balance a bit, he turned and said "Sorry I er... had a... bit of a moment there... wtf?" Slightly confused by this, I replied "you saw that too? The..." and in perfect sync we both said with a slightly shaky pause "The Black" we both burst out laughing in a rather demented fashion, I think we didn't know if we should be amazed or completely terrified. The moment felt quite apocalyptic to say the least.

Neither of us could quite explain what we'd experienced, and it's one of those things that hard to describe just how strange it was without going through it yourself! But the only way I can think to say it is that it was like someone switched the light off on reality just for a second.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
ok so this just happened to me on saterday and i am still trying to figure it out. i went up to the bar with my buddy chad and his girlfriend chloe to shoot some pool and have a few drinks. we played three games of pool and i had about two beers in that time. we were getting ready to leave and go over a friends house so we made our way to the front patio in front of the bar. as soon as i got outside i started to light up a cigarette and i saw a bright flash of white and a second later i was in a completely different place on a road and had no clue where i was. i quickly looked at my watch as my cell phone has been recently shut off and im switching phone providers and no time had passed at all. very confused and worried i started walking down the street. i walked for almost 2 hours before i found a street i could recognize and realized i was an entire city over about a 15 minute drive from the bar. i was nowhere near my home but my buddy steve lived not far from where i was so i ran as fast as i could to his house. he wasnt home but he's a very good friend of mine so i went in and passed out because it was close to 3 or 4 in the morning. i woke up the next morning and got a ride home. as soon as i walked in the front door the phone started to ring i checked the caller i.d. and it was my buddy chad and he sound extremely relieved that i answered i quickly asked him what had happened and he said he didnt know that we were all walking out the door and wen i was lighting up my cigarette that i just started to fade and disappeared. the weird thing was that nobody seemed to notice and neither chad or chloe knew what to do and they drove to my house to see if i was there because they couldnt think of anything else to do. but all in all he was extremely happy that i had made it home and was safe because it scared the crap out of both of them. i wasnt even close to being drunk at the bar and i am still trying to figure out how this could have happened.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hi afterschoolfun,

Would be interested to hear more of what you meant when you said 'Until I started learning about how the world works'

Originally posted by afterschoolfun
I was outside playing w/ friend when I was pretty young, and all of a sudden everything went black for a second. My friend experienced this as well. Until I started learning about how the world works I always thought that "sunspots" were the cause of that phenomenon, spots that get blacked out on earth.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well like I had posted in another thread, time is playing havoc on me these days, last March it seemed I had unusual amounts of time to get plenty of stuff done that should have taken much much longer, now it seems the day is never long enough to get all the same things done!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
That is unbelievable! So the only people who seemed to notice you disappearing was your two friends? Can you remember what you were thinking about at the time (and shortly before) you vanished?

Originally posted by subliminalsubconcious
ok so this just happened to me on saterday and i am still trying to figure it out. i went up to the bar with my buddy chad and his girlfriend chloe to shoot some pool and have a few drinks. we played three games of pool and i had about two beers in that time. we were getting ready to leave and go over a friends house so we made our way to the front patio in front of the bar. as soon as i got outside i started to light up a cigarette and i saw a bright flash of white and a second later i was in a completely different place on a road and had no clue where i was. i quickly looked at my watch as my cell phone has been recently shut off and im switching phone providers and no time had passed at all. very confused and worried i started walking down the street. i walked for almost 2 hours before i found a street i could recognize and realized i was an entire city over about a 15 minute drive from the bar. i was nowhere near my home but my buddy steve lived not far from where i was so i ran as fast as i could to his house. he wasnt home but he's a very good friend of mine so i went in and passed out because it was close to 3 or 4 in the morning. i woke up the next morning and got a ride home. as soon as i walked in the front door the phone started to ring i checked the caller i.d. and it was my buddy chad and he sound extremely relieved that i answered i quickly asked him what had happened and he said he didnt know that we were all walking out the door and wen i was lighting up my cigarette that i just started to fade and disappeared. the weird thing was that nobody seemed to notice and neither chad or chloe knew what to do and they drove to my house to see if i was there because they couldnt think of anything else to do. but all in all he was extremely happy that i had made it home and was safe because it scared the crap out of both of them. i wasnt even close to being drunk at the bar and i am still trying to figure out how this could have happened.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Would be interesting to hear more experiences and ideas regarding this 'void' experience. A few of you have been reporting this type of 'glitch'. Maybe it deserves its own thread?

Originally posted by soulsanctuary
I want to share an experience I had a few years back which I think fits perfectly under this thread, and see if anyone has any thoughts on the matter?

It was about 2 in the afternoon in the middle of summer about 5 years ago and i was staying at my cousins house, I'd stayed awake all night watching films on his computer and Colin had been awake for about 3 hours, I mention this to off set the idea that we might of been in similar frames of mind and that might of had some effect on it.

We were chatting away as i was watching him doing some brief tidying before we got ready to go out for the afternoon, at one point he was in the middle of picking a coat up from the floor and about to hang it on a hook when suddenly everything went black (Note it was a sunny day with the curtains wide open in brightly lit room) and when i say "black", I mean lack of everything, I was standing in a complete void for about 3 seconds, I didn't even feel like i was standing on a floor, but it caught me so off guard, I didn't really have time to think about it much before reality snapped back and Colin stumbled face first into the wall. I was kinda in too much shock to say anything af first. After regaining his balance a bit, he turned and said "Sorry I er... had a... bit of a moment there... wtf?" Slightly confused by this, I replied "you saw that too? The..." and in perfect sync we both said with a slightly shaky pause "The Black" we both burst out laughing in a rather demented fashion, I think we didn't know if we should be amazed or completely terrified. The moment felt quite apocalyptic to say the least.

Neither of us could quite explain what we'd experienced, and it's one of those things that hard to describe just how strange it was without going through it yourself! But the only way I can think to say it is that it was like someone switched the light off on reality just for a second.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Yea.. This void experience that a few posters have had, really has me intrigued. I wish they would have expounded on the experience. I have a couple shared experiences with close friends of mine, that my friend and myself have been puzzled over. Never had the "void" experience.. but similar shared anomalies.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
My socks. One morning I put my black and white striped socks on, they were matching. That afternoon I noticed that one sock was actually checkered, and not striped. I even made a FB post about it because I don't do things like that due to OCD, and I felt pretty stupid putting mismatching socks on.

I didn't change them, because I didn't see the point. I would just wear the other mismatching ones the next day.

But when I took those socks off later that day, they were matching again! I remember how mismatched they were, so I cannot explain this rationally!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dainja
reply to post by Griefo

My views are that reality glitches are a side effect of Bernards Watch

[edit on 9-3-2010 by dainja]

Is the watch you're talking about from the movie "The Girl, The Gold Watch, and Everything"?

Anyways, I'm thinking of something odd that happened when I was back in college back in the early 1980's. It was on a weekend when I was home from the dorms and my sister had one of her boyfriends over for the afternoon. She has lots of stuffed animals, and I was talking it up with her boyfriend.

Just playing around, I pickup up one of my sister's teddy bears and stood it up so that it was facing us on the bed, standing/balancing on two legs. I then pointed my finger at the teddy bear as if I were holding a gun and yelled, "Bang!" in a fairly loud voice. After a brief moment, the bear slowly tilted backwards until it fell onto its back.

My sister's boyfriend said, "How did you do that?"

All I could come up with was, "You just have to know how to play with them."

Well, none of us that day could duplicate that event, and I've never been able to get that to happen just like that since. It seems like it was one of those almost magical moments.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Back a couple of years ago, I took a summer off to bum around Northern California. I wound up in this town where weirdness and "glitches" were about as normal as eating breakfast.

There was a guy I met while I was there who was a glitch unto himself. He walked everywhere he went, but he got places way faster than you could walking even at a brisk pace. One day I watched him, and as he was strolling away, he just kinda "jumped"... like he was crossing the street and then an instant later he was four blocks away. I don't think he had any idea that he was doing that, but he did it a lot anyway. He also told me about a time when he was driving up north of this town. He and his wife were having the worst fight they'd ever had, and he just snapped and and took the car off of a hill where the road curved around, killing himself, his wife, and their son... except that at the moment they'd have died from the impact, they all found themselves going around the same hill in their unwrecked car, badly shaken. He says he remembers the lurch of going over, and seeing the ground fly towards him, the impact, and then suddenly they were just driving along again. He said that when he met his wife, he knew that he had been put on the earth to love and protect her, and he figured that by killing her he had violated that purpose, so it all just clicked back to the point where he could just keep driving. I don't know about that part, but as for the story, I don't think he was lying to me.

In my time in this town, I met a guy who I liked, and we started seeing each other. It lasted about a week before he was gonna move on to a different town, and I refused to go with because it was such an abrupt decision and I hadn't known him for a long time. The day that we broke up, my mom saw us together with one of our mutual friends going towards the church where we hung out a lot, and another mutual friend saw us together at the park. These were people who knew that we had split up, so it was curious to them seeing us together again so soon. As we were spotted throughout the day, I was at the library drowning my sorrow with internet. I don't know where he was, but we were most certainly Not together that day. The people who spotted us weren't people who would have mistaken other people for us, either, and even if they had been, he was the only blond haired green eyed black guy in town, possibly the whole county... and I doubt that my own mother would think somebody else was me.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i was at football practice one time and we had to do 3 laps around the field no i couldnt do 3/4 of a lap without being out of breath but i started running and i went in to some sort of a trance where i could see what was going on but i didnt really know what was going on if that makes any sense so than i come out of this trance and i realize i did 2 1/2 laps and i wasnt out of breath AT ALL and i didnt even remember breathing, it was actally as if i didnt breath at all its hard to explain but it was VERY weird

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystic Technician

Interesting thread.

I've had a couple of strange experiences myself. Where I currently live, there's a large wall with doors and pay phones next to it. Well, I could swear that these large glass doors weren't always there. It's not something you just don't lay notice to. In fact, I'm pretty sure the pay phones were also where those doors are now.

At first I thought they had moved some things around and added the doors but everyone says they've always been there. Is it just me that remembered incorrectly? Or did a "glitch" indeed happen?

Another time, I was walking to our neighborhood store with a friend of mine. I noticed a yellow tractor drive by but only to not be there after all. I thought it was a case of Déjà vu gone wrong so I asked my friend if he saw a yellow tractor. And sure enough as soon as I started talking, a yellow tractor drove by drowning my speech in it's loud engine noise.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
delete.
edit on 14-3-2011 by HeresHowItGoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Really interesting thread! These examples are unique and it seems that more than one person shares each of these experiences.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Griefo

You can clearly see how the other truck breaks through the wall to the right.

There appears to be another tunnel lane parallel to this one, separated by a thin wall.

I call this a glitch in the wall. Big enough to let a truck through.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I cannot recall having any similar experiences, although sometimes when driving or doing other repetitive tasks I kind of get a weird feeling, almost like forgetfullness or something. It's hard to explain, but everything seems out of place. I always just assumed, and still do, that it is a psychological phenomenon and not related in any way to the paranormal or a reality discombobulation.

As for the video, I agree that there is an opening to the right, as you can make out the outline of the side of the door-frame. In one frame or so I thought I saw the back end of the truck still protruding from the opening, not having exited into the tunnel all the way.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join