It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Glitches

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slih_09

Originally posted by MR1159
reply to post by Slih_09

I believe that what we can see on the right of the tunnel is an exit to a construction area that is boarded up with wood panelling. As the truck is right next to this wood, a construction vehicle bursts through into the tunnel, hitting it.

I can see some sort of entrance but it seems blocked, and I can't see any evidence of it being open by the end of the video after the crash. :S

It may be the most probable thing though, but it's like the truck just materialized right there. =P

I also thought I could see some type of opening there. It is the only thing that could explain it. Plus the way the phantom truck gets turned around facing the opposite direction...it must of hit the truck in the passenger side door and it's back end swung around. It's the only thing i can think of.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Creepy video, I watched it a couple times and can only think that the magically appearing truck must be coming from an alley entrance (or construction area, like was already said). Doesn't appear to be anything like that though, very strange.

My only experience with this that comes to mind is one day during a peaceful walk where I looked up at the sky (about 30 degrees up above the horizon), mostly blue sky with some thick white clouds, each cloud moving briskly in the horizontal direction. I witnessed one cloud that appeared to be cut off in the middle, normal cloud on the right side, nothing on the left and a perfect vertical line forming the boundary in the middle.

It then moved to the right, growing out of the straight line edge, eventually appearing like a normal cloud (with more organic edges). It was like, for a moment, one of the video tiles that make up the sky started drawing the wrong image and didn't fit with its neighbor.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Slih_09

it appears to smash THROUGH the wall. Look again

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Slih_09

I can't see the section of wall where the truck may have come from because of the dust and the next vehicle blocking it. I also cannot see the aftermath of this crash, which I'd like included in the footage before I'd hazard a guess. The dust seems to come from slightly above the trucks height which throws off the angle of the wreck in my opinion. This may be a sign of a crashed wall. The dust appears to come outward from the wall in the little section i can see, and i don't notice collision sparks as you'd see from a vehicle crashing into the wall by force. I can only surmise that truck came from the wall, but how, or why I cannot answer with such little evidence.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
There was a theory going around here at one point that these and other reality glitches are left overs from experiments like Project Rainbow done carelessly from 1800 to the 1950's without any regard for future results. Einstien's theory that light, once bended inadvertently bends space and time was a key factor in later experiments of this kind and could explain why we are still seeing residual effects seventy years in the future. Many odd things were conducted in those times, most never made it to public knowledge.
I have experienced this phenomenon once before when my eyelids were closed and yet I could see through them. It lasted until I opened my eyes and closed them again.
The Bermuda Triangle, as we've all heard, is an area frequently reported to experience glitches like this with people reporting the absence of reflections among other things within it's perimeter.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Speaking of closed eyelids, I had this phenomenon where I start falling asleep while reading in bed. I'm still reading, the story continues... but all of a sudden I realize that my eyes are already closed and have been for a while!

I've also had a "glitch in the Matrix" some years ago where I saw a guy walk along a recreation path, looked away for a few seconds, and saw the very same guy walk AGAIN into the same direction. First I thought they were identical twins with identical clothes, but couldn't see the "first" guy reappearing from behind a group of trees, where I should have been able to see him. So, it was definitely the same guy.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Oh, and about things you can do once and then never again: I vividly remember that at the age of about eight, I went swimming. I swam underwater for what seemed like an extremely long time and all of a sudden realized that I was breathing underwater! As soon as that realization hit me, I choked and had to come up for air. Never been able to repeat it... maybe the conscious awareness of it prevents it from happening?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griefo
Here's a big glitch..

www.wat.tv...

Holy spit, wtf?????

the wierdest thing it looked like a duplicate of the original truck trippy wowww.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawk3y306

Wow you said you've seen the x's in the sky? was there something significant about the time you saw them or was it just random? you've piqued my interest in your experiences now.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Eddy_Jordan

Fascinating... It's reminds me of what I wrote earlier about the image that appeared to be photoshopped in the sky. Is someone messing with us? I ask that only HALF jokingly.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Don't know if this counts as a reality glitch or something else.
Whilst flying a few years ago, had a brief stop-over at an airport and decided to check my bank account balance. Went to an ATM and saw my full name and date of birth printed on the screen. Have never seen another ATM that even shows this kind of information.
After getting over the shock, spent the next twenty minutes looking around for hidden cameras, lol.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I've experienced a lot of things just like this, but I can't recall any of them with any detail at the moment. I think it's more glitches in my brain than anything else, though...

As to that video, I think it was shopped. The truck crashed for some reason, and then someone edited in that mirror image of it to make it look crazy. I'm not totally sure of that, but that's what it looks like to me. I don't see the opening at all...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
I've experienced a lot of things just like this, but I can't recall any of them with any detail at the moment. I think it's more glitches in my brain than anything else, though...

As to that video, I think it was shopped. The truck crashed for some reason, and then someone edited in that mirror image of it to make it look crazy. I'm not totally sure of that, but that's what it looks like to me. I don't see the opening at all...

It's not edited. To edit a video without leaving any identifiable sings of tampering or CGI is incredibly hard, I mean if it was CGI it would be WAY ahead of special effects used in movies like transformers, so no.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
Oh, and about things you can do once and then never again: I vividly remember that at the age of about eight, I went swimming. I swam underwater for what seemed like an extremely long time and all of a sudden realized that I was breathing underwater! As soon as that realization hit me, I choked and had to come up for air. Never been able to repeat it... maybe the conscious awareness of it prevents it from happening?

I have also had this experience, as well as being able to reach impossibly high places when I was very small. Not really climbing or jumping, but seemingly just changing locations.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ahh glitches in the matrix
I love when they happen. Actually the last one that happened was 2 days ago so its still fresh in my memory .

I was driving with a friend from my home town to the capital which is about 370km apart . So for the first hour we made about 100-120km and stopped for a drink and something to eat and back on the road .

Here is where the weird part happens . About 5 min after leaving the gas staion we decided to have a smoke , at the same time (while lighting the smokes) I get bored of the radio and switch to a new CD . We start talking about something , the next thing I know we are on track 16 of the CD and have done about 100-130 km .

Both myself and my friend we realized at the same time that something is way off (so its not only me ) and we try and piece together what we remember , and nothing . Last thing we remember is putting on the CD , lightning the smoke (yes a cigarette
) , and having some casual conversation , next thing we know I am ending some kind of sentence and we are like " Hey , wtf just happened ? Where are we and why is it already track 16?"

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There's another thread about similar episodes....."Time slips, anyone?" by Vanitas
I have 2 tales on page 2....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Th other day i was riding the bus into town at around 8:10am the same route every week day, we were driving past the football ground and i was just cassually staring out of the window watching a cyclist pedal alongside us.....then bam, im back at almost the start of my journey, at the point were the road joins the motorway....freaked out i started looking for the cyclist..as we passed the football ground there he was same guy same bike.

On the first "journey", my mp3 was playing Bad Romance as we turned onto the motorway, but the second time we exited onto the motorway it was playing the song i heard as i saw the cyclist longside the bus, it really freaked me out.

No one else on the bus seemed to notice....

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hello. I have perused this site for years but never took it upon myself to actually sign up for a membership, until I too experienced a "glitch" in reality.

A little about myself: I am 26 years old, have a 7 month old daughter and a lovely fiance, and have been attending college with the hopes of becoming an elementary school teacher. Anyhow, on to the "glitch."

A few nights ago my fiance and I were sitting in the living room. She had our sleeping daughter in her arms and I was messing about on my new Macbook, learning the ropes after being a PC loyalist for years. I believe the Food Network show "Good Eats" was on at the time as well, and the room was otherwise dark, lit only by the glow of the television and the glow of my monitor.

From the coffee table I was working at I have a view of the kitchen doorway of our duplex, which was pitch black. I believe I was on a humor website, so I was experiencing no morbid or dark impulses or thoughts; regardless, I caught a sight out of my peripheral vision and glanced up. Now, I rationally tried to explain what I saw next as maybe a "ghosted" image caused when I glanced up from a lit screen to a dark doorway...unfortunately the only image on my screen at the time was 2 paragraphs of text.

What I saw will remain with me, not because it was horrific but because it was so foreign; I saw a tall man standing there, indistinct except for the clothing he wore. I would say the figure was about 7 feet tall including the hat he wore, and yes, I got a distinct impression it was a male figure. It's odd how the details are set like concrete in my mind, but when I try to recall the event it seems hazy...the recollection is similar to a dream upon waking, more and more vague with every thought of it. What I gathered in the moment I saw it was as follows: tall, as I said, and clad in a brown smoking jacket and brown trousers of some smooth material. A matching bowler hat, and black shoes of some dull material. For some reason my mind connected this image I saw with something historical as opposed to a reproduction. What I mean by that is I got the impression that this was a figure from the 1930's or '40's as opposed to a reproduction of what the 30's and '40's style of dress was.

The figure took a single large step forward and vanished behind the bookshelf I have at the entrance to the hallway, that was the only movement I witnessed. It didn't float, it stepped. One important fact; I received throughout the experience no feeling of either peace or horror, merely a dull certainty that it did occur. I was not afraid or elated, which is a bit odd...

Prior to this I have never experienced anything of the supernatural or paranormal. I am an avid urban explorer and throughout my explorations of abandoned factories and burned out houses, partially demolished churches and ancient crime scenes, I have never had even a slightly frightening encounter, nor a whisper of anything odd or out of place.

As a result I tend to view this experience with a somewhat soft but still critical eye, and I have come to the conclusion that what I witnessed it not a ghost necessarily, but a "skipped record." I believe that what I witnessed is akin to 2 images overlapping in a bizarre way, or a CD repeating the same 3 second snippet of song over and over.

I would love to hear what any of you think about this, and I am much more open-minded as a result.

I would have posted this in a separate thread but I am so fresh a member here that the option is locked out.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Heres a video thats kinda like the truck one. my friend showed this to me a while ago and the truck video reminded me of this. www.youtube.com... its a police chase, where at the very end the car somehow goes right through the fence without damaging the fence. Maybe this was a time glitch too? Its at the very end of the video.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I have experienced some ¨glitches¨myself.

When i was younger, spontaneous blackouts would occur, i could only see black for about 1 second, they don´t happen anymore thank god.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join