It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons To Believe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Because he can do whatever he wants to do. Here is where people go wild because they can't understand why he does almost anything. He created us to be his children. To love him. For him to love us. For us to experience this place that he made for us. To commune with him.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

"God" was not who I considered responsible. Those were the acts of human beings, who were under the influence of teachings written by man, which were supposedly inspired by this "God". "God" really had nothing to do with any of that war, but religion and power had everything to do with it.
I am sorry if you thought me to be naive, and yes, I now realize why it took me so long to sign up on here. People misinterpret things.
If there is a supreme being, he/she/it is going to be pretty pissed at what we have done "In his name".
I am on both sides here, because I am open minded, so I think the negativity in your reply was unnecessary. I am sorry I butted into here and added my opinion to this thread.

-FCL

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

That answer doesn't work for me.

It's the equivalent of Me having a kid for the simple reason of wanting someone to love me unconditionally. It's sophomoric and immature.

Also, why did he feel the need to be the one who is worshiped? And only him.

I know it may sound like I am trying to be argumentative, but please believe that I am not. I'm just interested in a rousing debate/convo.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

I do not believe it rejects all of humanity. Just the bad parts. As you speak about the philosophers of whom you have learned from, don't forget you have been told what to believe also by them. Philosophy is just a person's view of why things are the way they are. God is just the reason why things are the way they are.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Okay. Ask yourself what you would do. You might come up with the answer.

Best of luck.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

But if your God loves us all, and, for one reason or another, a person comes up with the idea that your God is not the correct path, nothing wrong with him, but gosh darnit, they just feel Islam is the way to go. Basic doctrine teaches that unfortunatly, they will go to hell. I don't see how that is fair.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
religion was created so we, the average people, didnt have to use their brain to think about things, so we could obey the elite

thats simple

for you to say, well, GOD did this, well its very ignorant ... a lot of things people thought it was a GOD doing, have, now, scientific explanations

yes, maybe there is a GOD, but really, we dont have ANY idea, since we still dont know where we are, how the universe works, maybe your GOD is a nerd that created this system simulator called life ...

so if I were you, I would start using my brain, instead of using other people's ideas

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Faiol]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

There is one answer for all your questions

It is only when you write God off that the answer will not come to you on
it's own if you think about it and study and pray. No one can give the answers to the questions like God. He just does things in his own time.
Like you or I or anyone else would if you think about it.
Yet you can't expect him to be like you or I. Think of who you are questioning, for one he considers that to be offensive. I can understand that too.

Going back over I noticed your critique of Alice. So you don't get me
wrong I am not perfect in any way and falling victim to the sweet sounds of rock is a weakness of mine too. I also like Alice.
I just try not to forget who these people work for.
I want you to think about the message you would get from that song knowing nothing of the interpratation, some less aware of such things like say
a 10 yr old. What is the message for them?
You know very well not everyone who hears, is taught this power of cyphor.
By the use of metaphore a song can take on many meanings.
Just about what ever you want.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by First Curiosity Last

In that case sorry. You see I consider the word religion to not have anything to do with the truth. Consider the term Gravitational Singularity.

A gravitational singularity or spacetime singularity is a location where the quantities that are used to measure the gravitational field become infinite in a way that does not depend on the coordinate system.

That is Alpha and Omega. The beginning and the end. That is what God said he was all those years ago. To me it just all makes sense.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I have.

I allowed myself to have this mental simulation that I am "god". It is the beginning of time, and I got bored, so I was like lets make some things. Bam! In all my glory, I made the earth. Well bunnies and lions and doggies are only fun for so long. So I create this other thing that has the ability to think. To do what it wants, not just instincts.

Uh oh...they stopped thinking I was the one and only way...So I allow my spirit to inhabit the body of one of them. I give me word that I will be back one day, and that I am THE WAY. (let's not debate the in habitation part, I know your belief goes with the 3 in one thing...if I were to believe Christianity, I would not buy that part)

Even though some people I created may turn their back on me because I had failed to reveal myself in a way that was sufficient to them (to me, it goes with innocent until guilty...along those lines), I would not create a place where they will go and burn.

That is not just.

That is not right.

You dont punish others for your shortcomings.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Hmm. Well I am going to use a skeptic's argument against that. Show me the proof. Who specifically started it? What year did it start? What was the first group of the elite called? We need proof.

Gets frustrating, don't it.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

This brings to mind a conversation I had with friends:

They are hardcore atheists. So me even allowing the consideration to a deity was a shock to them. They went into the normal things that atheists do.

I then got a turn to speak and it went like this:

The Bible teaches of a god that is up here, we are down here. By what the Bible says, I will NEVER! reach the level that God is on. But the Bible and religion teach that we must rise to that level...although it is impossible.

A god I would believe in would drop to the highest level I could reach just to communicate.

I understand that I may not have reached that level yet, but, again as I have stated, I am on a constant search. If I find it, I will be open.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

But if your God loves us all, and, for one reason or another, a person comes up with the idea that your God is not the correct path, nothing wrong with him, but gosh darnit, they just feel Islam is the way to go. Basic doctrine teaches that unfortunatly, they will go to hell. I don't see how that is fair.

I'm growiing tired of this and I can't know for sure if I'm getting anywhere with you or not. I stil can't imagine how God would ever put up with this
or how anyone would expect him to.

Yet,every new born brings with a message that God is not ready to give up on mankind just yet. He has got to be awfully close.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

That would be your shortcomings, not his. You told me what you would have done. Right? Well he has no shortcomings. Only we do. He has made a way for you not to be punished for those shortcomings. We choose whether we want to or not. After a while we make up reasons for not choosing his way, so as we feel better about those shortcomings, and even embellish those shortcomings to make them seem good so we can continue in that type of behavior. You will have to find him on your own. By every choice you make you write your future into existence. Whats your story?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well guys I have to go to sleep now. Stayed up way past my bedtime, but I have enjoyed this tremendously. I would like to thank everyone who has participated and please continue in my absence. I will log back on after I get off of work.....

Thanks again, all of you are awesome.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Here is an example that I hope clarifies it for you.

My girlfriend and I were talking about Superbowl halftime shows.

I gave what I knew to be the correct order of the last 10 superbowl halftime shows.

She said she did a search and that one was wrong. I knew for a fact that I was correct, but it did not bother me. What would be the point in getting into a tizzy over something like that? I know the truth, her thinking something else doesn't hurt me or the truth. Rise above right?

Well if I have the capabilities to do this, why would a deity lack it?

Again, I'll say I am not one of those looking to just get your feathers ruffled. I am asking questions because it is part of my search. If you really are tired of this, I will stop.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I understand that I may not have reached that level yet, but, again as I have stated, I am on a constant search. If I find it, I will be open.

If I could beg you to trust me in my knowledge of the one true God .
To the point you were convinced by that alone. Truly convinced how long would that last? Not. Each is responsible for his own I believe this over organised religion.
Yet never no way writing God off . That's obscene.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

My story, so far, has been a man who has done his best to be a good person. To live justly and treat others well.

I have stumbled upon this path yes, but I feel my good actions have been more plentiful then my bad ones.

If it turns out the way you choose to follow is the truth and despite that I practice all the good parts, but I don't worship your God, I am kept out of heaven, I will not feel bad. I would not feel like I missed out.

It's like when you loose a friend that you feel was one of your best, but you make a mistake, maybe even one that didn't do anything to them, and they still stop being your friend. Those people deserve no further thought. They are false friends. It's a lesson we all have to learn.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Good nite Op !!

Superguy I need a break at least. You can look for me here I'll refresh.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I will think on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join