It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amateur seti station setup .. now is the time!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
What is seti and why is now the time.

What is seti.

SETI stands for the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence. Overall, SETI is trying to find intelligent life forms, or civilizations, in other places in our universe. With SETI, we're not sending messages; we're looking for them from outer space.

Why is now the time.

As above it states that we are not sending messages but looking for them in outerspace, and so with the digital taking over analougue and the systamatic silencing of our planet .. it would be easiar for u to listen for messages but also be able to send ure own signal out free of analougue noise and inturuption

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Chances of earth being detected by alien life forms are disappearing because of the digital revolution, a leading space scientist has claimed.

The seti league has alot of projects ongoing worldwide

www.setileague.org...

My project is going to be instead of looking for signals i will be looking to be sending out a signal .. in hopes of a response

1+1=2 2+2=4 4+4=8
.+.=.. ..+..=.... ....+....=........

the signal i will be sending is more eleborate then this .. this is just an eg ... it all ends in my coordinates ..

www.setileague.org...

The SETI League Technical Manual details how to build your own radio telescope, suitable for interstellar communications..

Amateur SETI Station Annotated Block Diagram see below

www.setileague.org...

i will also be pulsing the signal based simply on that a camara flash is more bright then a steady light ...

what problems will i have?? i see alot .. im looking for someone to be my partner seti station .. i send the signal to a certain place and u would listen for a signal ..

sounds simple.. maybe to simple?

comments appreciated .. belittling is not ..

TJ.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
comeon if ure gonna flag it at least comment ..

i need feedback

[edit on 16-2-2010 by TaintedJustice]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think its a good idea. It's too bad a privatized project couldn't be set up based on Tesla's work. He supposedly accidentaqlly tapped into extra terrestrial signals when he was cleverly tweaking, electro-magnetic gizmos. Did you hear about this? Id love to read more about it.

I wish I could help you but I know little about your idea. I feel that most aliens that could conceivably pick up our transmissions are probably under advisement to ignore them or are already in communication with NASA or the CIA.

good luck

new topics

join