It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 world powers criticize Iranian enrichment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

3 world powers criticize Iranian enrichment

news.yahoo.com

VIENNA – The U.S., Russia and France say that Iran's project to enrich uranium to a higher degree is raising fresh concerns about its nuclear intentions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.turkishweekly.net

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I started a post the other day with a source from Fox News that said Iran will speed up it Nuke process if more sanctions were put on it. Now today you have Russia along with France and the US raising concerns even though Iran says its all peaceful but I don't agree. In the article it says "Uranium enriched up to 90 percent is used to arm nuclear warheads" and in another link it says Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announced Thursday that the Islamic republic has produced its first package of highly enriched uranium just two days after beginning the process. "We have the capability to enrich uranium more than 20 percent or 80 percent but we don't enrich [to this level] because we don't need it," Now if that was the case than why does it say a couple of paragraphs down it says "Iran announced Tuesday it was beginning the process of enriching its uranium stockpile to a higher level." My only question is that if it is peaceful why enrich the uranium to a higher level??? I have posted both links that I got my information from on this post.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Now if that was the case than why does it say a couple of paragraphs down it says "Iran announced Tuesday it was beginning the process of enriching its uranium stockpile to a higher level."

The point that the media at least here in the U.S. generally fails to mention to the unwashed masses is this: That Iran has only just now reached enrichment levels of 20%, and has no desire for enrichment past this point..

From wikipedia- Low-enriched uranium' (LEU) has a lower than 20% concentration of 235U. For use in commercial light water reactors (LWR), the most prevalent power reactors in the world, uranium is enriched to 3 to 5% 235U. Fresh LEU used in research reactors is usually enriched 12% to 19.75% U-235, the latter concentration being used to replace HEU fuels when converting to LEU.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The point that the media at least here in the U.S. generally fails to mention to the unwashed masses is this: That Iran has only just now reached enrichment levels of 20%, and has no desire for enrichment past this point..

reply to post by blood0fheroes

"IF" that is the case that they only want to enrich uranium to 20 percent which they have already done then why are they upgrading there enrichment process??? Here is a link that says TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's president says his country is installing more advanced centrifuges at its main uranium enrichment facility, a step certain to add to international concern over Tehran's accelerating nuclear program.
Now why would they be doing this if they already have enriched uranium to 20 percent? Here is the link...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
+4
China Determined To Stop Iran

Miliband said Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi had assured him of China's determination to prevent Iran obtaining nuclear weapons when they talked on the sidelines of a London conference on Afghanistan on January 28.

"He insisted to me that the Chinese were absolutely committed to the goal that unites the E3+3 as well as the wider U.N. and that is to ensure that Iran does not become a nuclear weapons state," he told reporters.

"It's very, very important that we therefore maintain maximum unity in developing the tactics to deliver on that goal," he said.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Miliband said Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi had assured him of China's determination to prevent Iran obtaining nuclear weapons when they talked on the sidelines of a London conference on Afghanistan on January 28.

reply to post by LadySkadi

If china is so determined to prevent Iran obtaining nuclear weapons why are they so intent on stopping new sanctions on Iran to stop enriching uranium while Iran steps up its effort to create higher grade uranium.

China's ambassador to the United Nations, Zhang Yesui, has said the time is not right to consider more sanctions against Iran. Here is the link..

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
A bit pointless considering all the evidence says they are not trying to acquire nuclear weapons. In any case, the majority of the world support Iran in seeking nuclear power and the big powers of the world will simply play the game of political and economic posturing like they always do. China has invested alot into Iran and they could quite easily stop any power from invading. Either that or they will say go ahead but give me an extra big piece of the resource pie when your done. Israel alone cannot go to war with Iran, so America would no doubt be brought into it. Then again even with all the news coming out i simply cannot see an attack on Iran in the future.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
A bit pointless considering all the evidence says they are not trying to acquire nuclear weapons.

reply to post by Solomons

what evidence can you show that they are not trying to acquire nuclear weapons when all evidence points to Iran trying to enrich uranium to a higher grade? If they were not trying to acquire nuclear weapons why would they install more advanced centrifuges?
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's president says his country is installing more advanced centrifuges at its main uranium enrichment facility, a step certain to add to international concern over Tehran's accelerating nuclear program.

Here is the link....

www.msnbc.msn.com...

new topics

top topics

join