It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunt for 'hit squad' with British passports accused of executing senior Hamas leader

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

The blonde 'assassin': Hunt for 'hit squad' with British passports accused of executing senior Hamas leader in 5-star hotel

www.dailyma il.co.uk

Six British men and a blonde Irish woman are among an alleged hit squad wanted in Dubai today for the assassination of a Hamas commander in his luxury hotel room.

Gail Folliard is said to be part of an 11-strong gang - some wearing fake beards and wigs - who disguised themselves as tourists with tennis clothes and rackets in a highly orchestrated murder.

The 11 are believed to have fled the emirate after the killing and are now on the run. Dubai's attorney general, Essam al-Hemaydan, said
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Frogs]

Had to shorten article title a bit to keep it from getting chopped off in ATS thread title.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Frogs]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Pictures from CCTV and passport photos of the assassins at the link above.

Obviously, a very professional hit. They broke into teams, orchestrated and carried out a complex plan of death and were in and out of the country in around 19 hours.

Now the question is "Who were they?" Mossad? CIA? MI5?
We may never know.

We have the CCTV footage and passport photos and records. Of course, passports can be faked. That they showed British passports doesn't mean they are from Britain. Likewise faces can likely be disguised.

www.dailyma il.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Here is an interesting post from the comments section from the above linked article:

"Hang on a minute, check out the passport photos again. hardly any of them would be approved when applying for a passport:

"The photographs you supply with your application must:

-show you with a neutral expression and your mouth closed (no grinning, frowning or raised eyebrows)
-be of you facing forward and looking straight at the camera
-be taken with your eyes open and clearly visible (no sunglasses or tinted glasses and no hair across your eyes)
-be free from reflection or glare on your glasses, and the frames must not cover your eyes - the Identity and Passport Service (IPS) recommends that, if possible, you remove your glasses " "

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I would guess Mossad but like you said, we will never know. Seems like something straight out of Hollywood though. Especially when you combine this story with the motorcycle bomb assassination that also just recently happened.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Not to mention that assassination attempt in South America a little while ago..
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Nothing to do with Mossad, a bit too dramatic for them.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Why would you say that? Some are even calling the whole operation a "Mossad style assassination."

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Given the current climate, an operation, on that scale is rather too ambitious and can result in some negative attention being drawn to the Israeli government.

There are other groups, who operate across borders, that are more likely to be responsible for this assassination.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Since when has the Israeli government cared about negative attention? Who is it that you think is more likely to be pulling off this sort of operation?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Given the current climate, an operation, on that scale is rather too ambitious and can result in some negative attention being drawn to the Israeli government.

There are other groups, who operate across borders, that are more likely to be responsible for this assassination.

I agree this was an ambitious operation. Also, as such things go this seemed to have higher visibility than most.

infinite - Would you mind elaborating on these "other groups" a little?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Since when has the Israeli government cared about negative attention?

If the Israeli's are planning military action on Iran, they'll require Arab neutrality and moderate support. UAE has provided mediation talks between Hamas and Israel

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Given the past history of Israeli use of identity theft and stolen / forged passports, I think the finger of guilt is highly likely to be pointing in the right direction. Lets not forget they also have a history of assassinations too.

I wonder what the Foreign Office response is going to be, given that they used British ID's and passports? Probably nothing at all - can't have HMG upsetting the chosen.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Here is the video footage of this fascinating case. Who wrote the assassins cheque that's the question.

original footage

[edit on 16-2-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Thanks for the vid :-) interesting..

I doubt we'll ever find out who carried this out let alone who paid for it.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
it reminds me of the film Munich. Dont mess with Mossad, those cats are no joke, haha. The victim entered Dubai on a fake passport himself, gotta love irony.

Its almost as if the team wanted to be highly visible, or maybe the Tech guy who was supposed to EMP the joint missed his flight? haha.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by drsmooth23]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The victim was also an international arms smuggler so Mossad probably werent the only group to have a some sort of grudge against him.

Too much CCTV and obvious "facing up" for a state sponsored hit IMO.
The guys in the tennis jerseys are either nothing to do with it or complete amateurs.

Al-Jazeera will be lit up by the "UK passport holders assasinate Hamas leader" headline so if it was state sponsored; it would be a country that is politically isolated, wants to generate anti western sentiment and conducts assasinations on foreign soil...

Maybe this guy was too moderate/ too extreme and someone in his own camp is making a power play ...either way its fascinating and I'll be watching to see how this plays out

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwiffler
Here is an interesting post from the comments section from the above linked article:

"Hang on a minute, check out the passport photos again. hardly any of them would be approved when applying for a passport:

"The photographs you supply with your application must:

-show you with a neutral expression and your mouth closed (no grinning, frowning or raised eyebrows)
-be of you facing forward and looking straight at the camera
-be taken with your eyes open and clearly visible (no sunglasses or tinted glasses and no hair across your eyes)
-be free from reflection or glare on your glasses, and the frames must not cover your eyes - the Identity and Passport Service (IPS) recommends that, if possible, you remove your glasses " "

Haha now you are mentioning it 8 of 9 has glasses on, and to me it looks like these glasses are in my opinion manipulated into the pictures, some how the placement looks funny...

Best regards

Loke.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

YEAaaaaaaaaaa! Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!! We got one We got one, Whose your daddy. Whose your daddy
I quietly celebrate, that this illegitimate murderer is dead!
If we would have been able to do this to Hitler, the world would have been better off. The Italians got a hold of Mussolini and saved their country.
I applaud the actions of these peace keepers, they all deserve medals.
Of coarse, there are the pacifists, who would rather have these radicals continue blowing up trains, planes and restaurants full of women and children!
911, we will not forget!

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There's been an update on the Daily Mail website.

A British man in Israel with the same name as an alleged member of a hit squad that assassinated a top Hamas militant in Dubai said his identity had been stolen. Melvyn Adam Mildiner said he was 'angry, upset and scared' over what he called a misidentification. He spoke as the Foreign Office confirmed the British passports used in the killing were fraudulent. The FCO has launched an investigation, it said in a statement.

Source Daily Mail

The "woman" named as Gail Folliard actually looks like a man in disguise/drag. There's a photo of "her" getting into a lift/elevator.

The photo's look interesting, the glasses appear to be photoshopped on in some of them and one guy is even smiling!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I didn't notice that about the lady before - but looking at it again I think you may be right.

As far as the smiling, etc. I did not know that. I freely admit I'm smiling like a goof in my passport photo. Its a horrible picture. My wife said, "It looks like you drank a 6 pack of beer in the parking lot before coming in to get your picture taken - and you don't care who knows it!"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join