It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diabetes and the Corn Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Diabetes and the Corn Connection

www.associatedcontent.com

Having been diagnosed with diabetes for a few years now, I am in a pretty good position to know what works and what doesn't.

First let me say, I am not telling anyone to stop taking any medicine. That is a decision you and your doctor have to agree on, my doctor just happens to be long suffering. Since I have been basically using myself as a test platform to figure out what I can do to stay off of prescription medicine. I have experimented with a lot of different foods and gone through a lot of test strips. What I have found is that corn and corn products do the most to elevate my sugar levels. I am not talking just a little bit, if I have corn or corn on the cob I can expect my levels to jump 200 points easy. After I found this out I started looking at the more subtle types of corn. Almost everything we buy that is packaged has some sort of corn in it, mainly in the form of fructose, corn syrup (otherwise known as glucose syrup) high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup solids, etc. The list goes on and on.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com
well.blogs.nytimes.com
www.michaelpollan.com
www.bioedonline.org

[edit on 2/16/2010 by iMacFanatic]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This could be posted under conspiracy...like tobacco.

I have been reading Michael Pollan's "The Omnivores Dilemma" and he begins by talking about corn and how it has become a monster plant and all but indispensable in the modern industry of food.

Being fat and diabetic I understand that corn; loaded with sugar and starch, is something to watch out for but the more you examine food products and start learning the names corn hides under...it becomes obvious...its everywhere and in the most unlikely places both edible and inedible.

So...I am wondering just what is the connection between the national epidemic in both diabetes and obesity? AND how it is being covered up.

For myself I am going to start an experiment and eliminate as much as possible all corn from my diet...and see what happens.

It helps that I cook much of my food from scratch so I am going to focus on the few processed foods I buy.

With that in mind...if I eat pork that has been fed corn...how does that affect diabetes...or beef or chicken for that matter?

www.associatedcontent.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2/16/2010 by iMacFanatic]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by iMacFanatic

I noticed that many Europeans a couple of decades ago never ate corn, viewing it as livestock feed. That has changed, and so has the frequency of obesity in Europe.

Interesting connection.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The Omnivores Dilemma was a good book. I finished it a few weeks ago.

Check out this video for a good lecture on HFCS by a doctor. Its movie length but he goes over just about everything in it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by iMacFanatic

The real cause is the consumption of engineered food oils first made in the 1930's...
...that coincides with the beginning of the Type 2 Diabetes epidemic.

See: Deadly Diabetes Deception
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
First off 3 really, really good foods for diabetics - Nopal Cactus, Bitter Mellon, Swiss Chard. My understanding from a lecture by the National Health Federation some years ago, corn is the #1 food people are allergic to.

new topics

top topics

join