It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The idea of Flying Saucers pre-1940s

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If you google phrases like UFOs before 1940 or early UFO sightings there are some amazing stories and some so not. One I remember was about a trapper in a real isolated area.he heard a bang and saw an object far off in the sky coming towards him trailing smoke. The object went over him and tore out trees until it collided with a mountain. The trapper went over and as he recounted the story later referred to the object as a giant stone that smelled like ammonia. I think he said it was broken open and possibly windows. There is also a picture a man took of his saw mill in the 30s with an aerial object above. They showed the back of the photo where the photographer entered in what he thought it was

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Disc is a really common shape, people threw disc-shaped rocks at mammoths, they saw flying disc shapes in the sky long before 50', 30', or 1000'... I am sure you would find a lot of older images like that, but there is no relation. Rocks... kids throw rocks, people throw rocks, you saw rocks flying in the sky in your childhood, later too, human imagination does the rest.

It is also the reason why people have hard times to make convincing fake footage. They have only images of rocks in their head - a small, dark object flying few meters above them. It is hard to imagine how a large disc would look, people have no idea about atmospheric perspective.

Creativity works that way. To give similar example, one person connects few animals with human to make a creature - orc. After that you see thousands of different interpretations of the same fantastic creature in different works of other people. After first or second iteration no one really sees this creature as a combination of other real life animals, it just just orc, and everyone is copying it. People love to use other people work and make something a bit different with their own imagination, it is the way art works, paintings, comicbooks, etc. etc. The same it became like a fact, that orcs are green, the same way we created the image of flying saucer.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This 1932 photo is one of my favorites.
Many have dismissed it as a hoax
but read a little deeper and I think some will
be less inclined to throw it out.
www.rense.com...
edit on 19-9-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: Better English

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Ohh Look a Familiar Saucer UFO in 1930

Welll ILL be... DIPPED!

Amazing Stories Quarterly Winter 1930

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Another Great Find for this Thread

Pulp Fiction Magazine Amazing Stories -- Vol3 N0 1 April 1928

Three Circular Massive Structures Which Look Like Metal Aircraft spaced Equals Distances Apart Floating In Space.
The Three Flyers Marked a Equilateral Triangle While in the Exact Center, but a Mile Lower Down Than the Flyers, Our "Interstellar" was Floating. Three Shafts of Intense Yellow Rays were turned on Us. It was this light or rather peculiar properties of the Rays Which had made Us Captives to the Martians Superior intelligence.

Interesting ? I Would Say So ... So what it Look Like is Three Flying Saucer's and a Foo Fighter Metallic Sphere

Amazing Stories -- Vol3 N0 1 April 1928
From The Story Baron Munchhausen Scientific Adventures 5, Munchhausen Departs for the Planet Mars.. PG 38

From this SCI FI PULP

Have a look Your Self

Amazing Stories April 1928 - Download Here 37.* Megs
pulpcovers.com...

edit on 4-10-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
This 1932 photo is one of my favorites.
Many have dismissed it as a hoax
but read a little deeper and I think some will
be less inclined to throw it out.
www.rense.com...

That Looks Like !

Tada!!

NBCNews.com | February 28, 2011
Inside 1942's original 'Battle of Los Angeles'
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: cripmeister

For anyone who likes a bit of "flying saucer" history, here a four newspaper clippings, in chronological order, from the Kenneth Arnold sighting.

Pilot Sees 'Saucer-like Objects' - 26/06/47

Story of Mysterious Flying Objects Doubted - 26/06/47

Veteran Pilot Clings To Flying Saucer Story - 26/06/47

Army Rocket Experts Believe 'Saucers' Were Jet Planes - 29/06/47

edit on 5-10-2014 by HotblackDesiato because: Added preview pics

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Found Another in a Pulp Mag Wonder Stories July 1935

looking like a 1950s Flying Saucer! in 1935 ?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join