It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Weather Patterns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
mrq

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
NewYork here...
Don't know much about the science behind weather, but it's frickin' freezin' here (not literally). I figure it should be around the 80's during the days, and not too terribly below that in the evenings, nighttime.
It's been so damp and dreary lately.... Feels like it's taking forever for NY to warm up. Lots of thunderstorms, even hail.
Dunno....feels like it should be a lot warmer here by now.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Different here, in WA state, just N of Seattle.
It's wetter than usual, or perhaps, it was just warmer than usual,
the past 4 years!
However, we have been having some things that don't seem to be
normal in this part of the country; tornadoes!
It's true that WA state is known for it's rainfall, but it's been way
wetter and cooler than usual.
Here it is only 20 days from the official day of Summer, and were still in
the mid to low 40's at night.
Some mornings we still need the heater to take the chill off.
Now for you folks in FL, i know that would be nice, but for here, it's odd.
BTW, i'm a FL transplant, lived there for many years.
And, yes, I"m glad to be where it's not so hot to fry an egg on your car.
=====================================================

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
weatherbug shows me a range from 60-69�F during the night time....70-76�F during the day....it should range from 80-95�F by now....damn i hate damp places....they give me tummy aches

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Strange indeed, climatic patterns reverted to a late summer early fall pattern at the last half of May. Now it's seemilingly getting back to normal. Extreme temps in the SW US will be driving moisture into the Midwest with a vengeance, due the the abnormally large high pressure ridge in the West.

Stay tuned into it all, tropical season just started and you ain't seen nothing yet amigo!

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
For about the past week Florida has had a haze/fog layer. This is strange, it is existant pretty much all 24hours of each day and seems to be keeping the afternoon T-storms from getting started.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Holy crud!!! Chad's just been whiped off the map by a massive Hurricane!

www.netnewssomewhere.org...

What was the point of this post? Completly false and a non-existan link, as well as claiming a hurricane hitting Chad, a land locked country.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Here in Indianapolis we managed only the lower 70's with partly cloudy skies. This pattern is typical with late September. We have not had our first 90 degree day as well. Also the tropics seem to have been shut off by very cool water. In a year that was supposed to be very active the Atlantic hasn't even come close to having a tropical depression. Very odd.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The water is not too cold for the tropics. It is actually steaming hot near the in the gulf and adjacent waters near the Florida keys. Latest N.Atlantic Water Temps This 'cane season was forecasted to be active and I suspect it things will start poping soon.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
As of midnight tonight (now July 25th) our dewpoint is an unheard of 43 degrees. Our dewpoint this time of year is normally in the upper 60's to low 70's.

Now on the tropics.. the Gulf may be nice and warm and maybe the western Caribbean but much of the Atlantic is around 81 or cooler. 81 is the absolute minimum to sustain a tropical system. Unfortunately the size of the chart and color scheme used makes it very difficult in that link to accurately spot temps that are too cool to sustain tropical life.

This map is a much closer image of the Atlantic and the coloring a little easier to follow...

www.oceanweather.com...

E_T

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
This pattern is typical with late September. We have not had our first 90 degree day as well.

Sounds pretty much like here in Finland.

Until couple weeks ago summer's warmest temperatures were at start of May, after that it went to "toying with water" and was very cold for summer... couple days went even in subzero temps.

Last year it was pretty much same except first half of summer wasn't this cold and in July temperature and humidity "went to tropical". (32 C, in shadow and 90% humidity)
And temperature stayed above 25 even at nights!

BTW, this is handy for converting units:
www.convert-me.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join