It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece Outlaws Cash 2011. It Starts.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here's a good study to review, I believe we were kind of "lead" this way.

2007 Federal Reserve Payments Study
www.frbservices.org/files/.../pdf/.../2007_payments_study.pdf

The 2007 Federal Reserve Payments Study is part of an ongoing effort by the Federal Reserve System to measure trends in noncash payments in the United States. The study estimated the number and value of payments by check, debit card (both signature and PIN), credit card,
automated clearing house (ACH), and electronic benefits transfer (EBT).1 The study also estimated the number and value of ATM withdrawals.
The number of noncash payments was 93.3 billion in 2006, with a value of $75.8 trillion. The number of noncash payments in the United States increased at an annual rate of 4.6 percent since 2003 (exhibit 1).
Exhibit 1: Number of Noncash Payments
2003 2006 CAGR*
Total (billions) 81.4 93.3 4.6%
Checks (paid) 37.3 30.6 -6.4%
Debit card 15.6 25.3 17.5%
Signature 10.3 16.0 15.8%
PIN 5.3 9.4 20.6%
Credit card 19.0 21.7 4.6%
ACH 8.8 14.6 18.6%
EBT 0.8 1.1 10.0%
Figures may not add due to rounding.
*CAGR is the compound annual growth rate.
Electronic payments now exceed two-thirds of all noncash payments

[edit on 16-2-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

[edit on 16-2-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ask not what you country can do for you, rather why your country keeps getting worse.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by havok

I tend to agree with you but so much of the drug trade carried on by the CIA relies on cash. The underground economy cannot go digital so it would be kinda like shooting themselves in the foot to do it here.

That's rather astute. Had to give you a star.
Maybe the addicts will then have to go directly to gobermnt sponsored drug houses and get their meth/coke/pot ect there. Maybe not. But electro cash is coming! And it won't be good.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Violater1]

But isn't America almost done with the "War on Drugs"

online.wsj.com...

[EDIT] For language

[edit on 16-2-2010 by joscarfas]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raven Hemp
Sick of that annoying bank card? Tired of forgetting your wallet at home? Now for a small fee you can get this handy RFID chip implanted in your hand and now you will always have your money and ID with you. Get yours wial suppleis last.

I was just thinking this.
That's how it's gonna happen.
And when you put that chip in your hand, then they truly own you.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
There seems to be a connection between the latest political and financial developments in Greece and the fact that the last Bilderberg meeting has been held in Greece.
I live in Greece and it bothers me very much.

Ko3

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Credit cards you can track. Cash transactions you can not. There it is.
They want to know what Everyone is buying.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hermes8
Notice he was very clear in his language to say NATURAL PERSON for a human being to distinguish it from a business (person)

Um, the term "natural person" has been the legal designation for a grown human for ages. Why shouldnt a lawmaker use "lawspeak"?

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
So what is going to stop people from dividing their money into parts and sending it in parts?

Say someone has 2000, why can't they just divide it in half and send each half? 1000 and 1000 is below 1500. Does it make it legal?

Seems like a stupid law with many loopholes. ...

Loopholes, probably.

The point is that every money transaction is usually tied to a real transfer of goods or services. The forced electronic transaction forces the use of an individually numbered receipt, invoice or contract.

I believe the whole point of this is to force the receiver of the money to do the proper paperwork, not to control the buyer.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a couple of quick notes to keep this very interesting conversation in this thread continuing

1- my guess is that the dividing up money to pay would not be "legal." if the price of the object or service is over 1500 eur- it matters not whether you try to pay it all at once or in 50 euro installments- it would still be a no for cash

2- my guess is that checks would be considered cash

3- to just use the word "person" would have opened up a whole legal mess, for a person is not you or I, but our strawman- the fictional entity that appears as us in capital letters in government documents, tax forms, driver's liscence, birth cirtificate etc

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
How are they going to enforce this?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by havok

I tend to agree with you but so much of the drug trade carried on by the CIA relies on cash. The underground economy cannot go digital so it would be kinda like shooting themselves in the foot to do it here.

The underground economy does not need cash or credit. It already operates heavily on weapons, drugs, and control. There is a huge amount of bartering. The big timers in the underground, especially the CIA, are already operating digitally, because it is more anonymous than cash. Anonymous numbered accounts and multiple wire transfers protect the guilty. A deposit and a number of transfers can make a worldwide multimillion dollar transaction happen instantly.

This may limit the small timers, but it plays right into the hands of the masterminds and cartels!

It would seem the reason behind this has to do with getting more revenue from the Underground Economy....the Black Market.

This 'proves' to the EU...and Merkel in Germany, that Greece is doing everything it can to generate income on their own...and that hpefully they'll be worthy a 2nd look for an EU bailout.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This reminded me of a recent thread that got zero responses, South Carolina General Assembly considers move away from Federal Reserve Notes. Maybe South Carolina really did know something was coming.

From that thread:

A BILL TO AMEND THE CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, BY ADDING ARTICLE 18 TO CHAPTER 1, TITLE 1 SO AS TO PROVIDE THAT SILVER AND GOLD COIN SHALL BE LEGAL TENDER IN PAYMENT OF CERTAIN DEBTS.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hermes8

What is that dude?In that page I only see quotes and nothing formal...

Greek translation:Δεν βλέπω επίσημα πράγματα παρά μόνο κάποια quotes.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hermes8

Well, it had to start somewhere.
Here it is. - Greece - Let it be written.
You know it sure looks harmless.
It looks like they will take baby steps.
This is the "trial balloon" for Europe.
If they go for it then i think France will jump next.
A cashless society will allow the government to harness the underground
economy. I think i know how they will sell it in France.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

It does seem that the elites are either willingly trying to fulfill prophecy, or prophecy itself is being fulfilled without intent.

Expect also to have a mark in your hand, probably an implanted chip, or even a code bar which will be used to pay for all transactions, and which will have all your information....

[edit on 16-2-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It's going to be interesting if the power grid ever goes tits up and no one will be able to conduct business...
I think I will start burying my $$ in the backyard or something....

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by havok

It does seem that the elites are either willingly trying to fulfill prophecy, or prophecy itself is being fulfilled without intent.

Expect also to have a mark in your hand, probably an implanted chip, or even a code bar which will be used to pay for all transactions, and which will have all your information....

All that is left is for TPTB to call down fire from heaven (Norway spiral). Then will come the hollogram projection of the second comming and aliens claiming they planted life here and the "great deception" can then lead many astray.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by romanmel]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by havok

All that is left is for TPTB to call down fire from heaven (Norway spiral). Then will come the hollogram projection of the second comming and aliens claiming they planted life here and the "great deception" can then lead many astray.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by romanmel]

You may be right (Project Bluebeam, more programs and institutions talking about life on other planets etc. etc.). Also by keeping it all digital they are able to charge transaction fees and other little fees in order to tax you through your consumption.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
You seem to be forgetting that drug trades are already illegal, so it wouldn't affect the CIA's means of funding one bit. In fact, it will probably make it easier if they move ahead to seize any and all illegal transactions of cash. Bigger pool of illegal activity to choose from if you will.

You do know what money laundering is, right?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hello all,
Long time listener first time caller. I don't think this is new at all, my wife recently received a check for $2,500 ( that's U.S. dollars) from a bank in the small town we live in, this was a signature loan from a personal financial institution. Then when going to her bank (same small town) to convert the check to cash she was informed that transactions of that amount can not be done in cash. "THERE HAS TO BE A PAPER TRAIL". Direct quote, considering that our credit is good enough for signature loans I was slightly dismayed? But there is a law in our state regulating the amount of cash a citizen can receive at one time.
The institution issuing the check never deals in cash so their involvement in this is very understandable but the small bank she deals with FOLLOWING THE LAW really opened my eyes as to what is really happening. Keep the faith all. Not sure what to make of it all but it is an eye opener for all citizens.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

There seems to be a connection between the latest political and financial developments in Greece and the fact that the last Bilderberg meeting has been held in Greece. I live in Greece and it bothers me very much

House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg aka Greece's former King and Royal Family

en.wikipedia.org...

Greek line of succession en.wikipedia.org...

Note that Prince Philip ( The Queen's husband) is a direct line to the Greek throne.

Which is a branch of House of Oldenburg ( aka the house of Windsor..aka the current Queen of England..)
en.wikipedia.org...

Sure Monarchy was abolished, but to say the major Royal Family's of Europe is just a figurehead is probably the biggest understatement of the century.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by wtfhuh]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join