It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unknown Amazon Basin Tribe Amazing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Members of an unknown Amazon Basin tribe and their dwellings are seen during a flight over the Brazilian state of Acre.

Here you can see them firing arrows at the passing plane.

Here they start to throw spears

Not as angry in this one

My question is, i was always taught to beleive humans acquired technology naturally, we all evolved at the same pace and discoverd new things.

If this is the case why havnt these humans discovered electricity? And other modern things?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Not every place in the world has electricity, I thought that was obvious..

It's interesting the way they are covered in paint - wonder what it symbolises?
I wonder if they have seen aircraft go over before these photos? They'd have no idea what it is.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Obviously not, but we evolved into knowing how to generate it, how come these tribes havnt?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

they probably have discovered other things we havent yet...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I think i saw a couple of these but different pics on here a couple weeks ago, but it's amazing to think there are still people out there who have never seen a plane before, it really hits home how much so many of us take for granted! just electricity, clean running water, food in the fridge, gas in the car, and these people are threatened when a place passes over! Although i'd probably crap my dacks if i lived so remotely and this massive loud flying machine passed over - i wonder what stories they will pass along about it to their children! (maybe they thought their little world was ending that day)

Kind of reminds me of the movie 'the gods must be crazy' I loved that as a kid.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Obviously not, but we evolved into knowing how to generate it, how come these tribes havnt?

Are you deliberately pretending to be ignorant? You think all technological and mental evolution progresses the same everywhere and that it doesn't depend on the level of resources and training available? You think tribes in Africa would have schools teaching people how to be an electrician?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
These pics came out a couple of years ago and caused a bit of a stir then.

The unknown, lost tribe wasn't exactly lost or unknown. The tribe was first discovered in 1910. However, the policy is that they not be contacted to preserve their culture.

The pilot chose to fly over and take their picture to prove they are still out there and illustrate the dangers of logging and other activities in the rain forest to tribes like this.

The lost tribe revealed

This picture above was released last month by José Carlos Meirelles, an official with Brazil's Indian-protection agency. Originally, he said it was a photograph of a heretofore unknown tribe in the Amazon. Now, comes word that he's told National Geographic that the tribe was discovered in 1910.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I wonder if they have to pay taxes to the chief and if the spear throwers get affected by stop-loss.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
reply to post by Haydn_17

they probably have discovered other things we havent yet...
Like what? I am going to suppose that it will not be an earth-shattering discovery. Apparently this tribe didn't invent superblaster ray-guns yet, either. www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 16-2-2010 by butcherguy]

top topics

join